Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

M17x laptop + Nvidia 280m + WoW = Problems?

Perilous1Perilous1 Member Posts: 52

Is anyone else running this combination of hardware and experiencing framerate issues in World of Warcraft? What is bizzare is that in Northrend instances there is no issue, it runs beautifully. In Classic/Outland instances I have a framerate of 2 fps, which is completely unplayable.

Dell/Alienware/Nvidia are all claiming it's not their hardware/drivers and Blizzard is utterly silent on the matter from what I can see.

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I'm not running WoW, but I am running M17X Nvidia 260M and I have no issues with LOTRO or Aion, which I think are more graphically intensive games.... So it would not surprise me if it's Blizz

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Whats you're CPU and Memory.  Those matter more then the Video Card in WoW.

• Perilous1Perilous1 Member Posts: 52

- Processor:   45nm Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor T9800/ 6MB L2 Cache, 2.93GHz, 1066MHz FSB

- Video & Graphics Card:   Nvidia GeForce GTX 280M Graphics with 1GB DDR3 Video Memory

- Operating System:   Genuine MS Windows® VISTA ULTIMATE 32/64-Bit Edition

- Memory:   4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 X 2048MB

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by Perilous1
    Is anyone else running this combination of hardware and experiencing framerate issues in World of Warcraft? What is bizzare is that in Northrend instances there is no issue, it runs beautifully. In Classic/Outland instances I have a framerate of 2 fps, which is completely unplayable.
    Dell/Alienware/Nvidia are all claiming it's not their hardware/drivers and Blizzard is utterly silent on the matter from what I can see.

Does Blizzard's repair tool turn up anything?

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

Shadows on or off? If on turn em off all the way and try again.

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

try to wow repair thing first if not, ctrl alt delete n check your processor and memory usage if its spiking in that zone versus the other.

After you repair, and check the memory and cpu usage again and it problem continues your going to either have to get you r memory ram checked or cpu which you can google.

Usually though if the memory ram has a problem or is corrupt you get a blue screen of death lol.

Ok, cool. I'll give those all a try and see how it goes. Thanks!

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

if you got shadows all the way up even the most beast computer will have graphical issues

Originally posted by Frostbite05

if you got shadows all the way up even the most beast computer will have graphical issues

Are there predomiantly more shadows in the Classic/Outland instances than in the Northrend ones? See, this is what baffles me..

• dfandfan Member Posts: 362

MMOs depend much more on cpu power and hdd speed than gpu power.