Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Impressions of the Imperial Agent

13»

Comments

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

This mmorpg is the biggest mistake Bioware will ever make.

Let's hope that when this ....thing is canceled, arrogant people at Bioware will see their mistake and commit on to develop KOTOR III, instead of Yet another mmo.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• dreldrel Member Posts: 918

I guess I'm in the wait and see mode. Don't know how linear the gameplay is going to be yet. When is it suppose to be released?

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by nate1980

My problem with stealth classes in Bioware games is that stealthing is a chore, since you have NPC party members that don't stealth. So you have to leave them at the door somewhere, stealth ahead of them, and then go back for them. So in Bioware games where I did play a class that could stealth, I never put points into that ability since I hated leaving my crew behind or having to go back and get them.

Thios is an online MMO ., you play the one charachter .... not sure waht you are saying is at all relevant.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by Yuui

Let's hope that when this ....thing is canceled, arrogant people at Bioware will see their mistake and commit on to develop KOTOR III, instead of Yet another mmo.

What a complete and utter fool.... This game will be phenomenal from the content they are producing and the engine being used.... They have a very high probability of being very very succesful.

FOR real KOTOR fans this will be way better than more of the same dross.

• JammaslamJammaslam Member Posts: 265

Is that former Colts coach Tony Dungy pictured on the front page screenshot?

• RansomDentonRansomDenton Member Posts: 111

IMHO

So this here shuttle craft affords no protection but that barrel over there does because it has a blue glowing statue? Wow ya um I can stand behind a tree in LOTRO and gain cover now...life size blue glowy statues make the game very realistic when a trooper can stand behind a smug and still get killed because he is not on the blue glowy thingy and does not have the ability to be in cover...I smell epic fail on this monkey but we shall see.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Originally posted by Jammaslam

Is that former Colts coach Tony Dungy pictured on the front page screenshot?

LMAO , you beat me to it , was gonna post the same thing ..

• TypeOneTypeOne Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by metalhead980

Originally posted by XAleX360

What the fuck are you blatering of?

This game has all the MMO elements you would ever need, from social activities to economy, crafting&harvesting, PvP combat, raids and everything else. They already confirmed it.
    Otherwise, how could they even think of challenging World of Warcraft? Don't forget that Electronic Arts is set to do exactly that. They tried Mythic and Warhammer with WO, now they are putting their money on Bioware and Star Wars. And this time, they may actually succeed.
    Until now, Bioware only talked about their unique take on MMOs which, unsurprisingly, involves deep storylines, class arcs, NPC interactions just like the ones we are used to in their single player games; except now they will be applied to a MMORPG, which is a massive innovation by itself for the genre.
    After playing Dragon Age, I have even more faith that Bioware can pull it off. They showed they can do great dungeon, bosses and story with a gameplay very akin to MMO ones, especially WoW. Beta will come soon anyway, and everyone will be able to judge then.

While I do enjoy sandbox games I am also looking forward to TOR.

The last good MMO/CO-Rpg that released with a great story was Guild Wars.

I'm hoping TOR delivers a single player rpg type experience. If that means the game will be 99% solo centric then so be it.

Leaving out repetitive raids,dungeons and pvp mini game may be bad for the mmo crowd but it would totally turn me onto the game.

I don't want EQ/WoWs version of the SW universe.

I was going to respond to the illogical and negative posts that flood this update along with all the other threads referencing this game, but this one says it all. 

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Why are you posting on this website again? Oh right, lame attempts at trolling...

• Maj_ScienceMaj_Science Member Posts: 107
    Originally posted by Danubus

well, you gave away one major thing. Final two classes will be shown by Dec 3rd.  That alone was worth reading this article!

Agreed, I look forward to being able to stop the speculation.  Although I still hold that the last two classes will be some kind of buff/debuff archetype.

Originally posted by Isane

What a complete and utter fool.... This game will be phenomenal from the content they are producing and the engine being used.... They have a very high probability of being very very successful.

Any real fan would take the third part of KOTOR singleplayer storyline over mmorpg bs anytime.

Don't get me wrong, mmorpgs are all cool and everything, but no mmorpg will ever beat a good singleplayer rpg.

Bioware could have did all they wanted with TOR....that is after they release the conclusion to KOTOR trilogy.

Now they are rushing for quick money grabbing with this mmorpg and that will be downfall of sw rpg games...and thanks to that such an amazing thing as KOTOR will never have a proper conclusion(and yes I refuse to accept that Revan and Exile got defeated by mere sith who you will be grinding through to level up.

The arrogance of Bioware executives("TOR will be KOTORIII, IV and any other part you would neeed!!!111muhahaha1") will be their downfall.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Originally posted by Isane

What a complete and utter fool.... This game will be phenomenal from the content they are producing and the engine being used.... They have a very high probability of being very very successful.

Any real fan would take the third part of KOTOR singleplayer storyline over mmorpg bs anytime.

Don't get me wrong, mmorpgs are all cool and everything, but no mmorpg will ever beat a good singleplayer rpg.

Bioware could have did all they wanted with TOR....that is after they release the conclusion to KOTOR trilogy.

Now they are rushing for quick money grabbing with this mmorpg and that will be downfall of sw rpg games...and thanks to that such an amazing thing as KOTOR will never have a proper conclusion(and yes I refuse to accept that Revan and Exile got defeated by mere sith who you will be grinding through to level up.

The arrogance of Bioware executives("TOR will be KOTORIII, IV and any other part you would neeed!!!111muhahaha1") will be their downfall.

Wait, who says there won't be a KOTOR 3? Does an MMO immediately invalidate the possibility?

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134
    Originally posted by Xondar123

Wait, who says there won't be a KOTOR 3? Does an MMO immediately invalidate the possibility?

SWTOR as they have said is "Kotor 3,4,5,6,7 and so on". So I wouldn't expect to see KoTOR 3 as a SPRPG. However don't mark out the possibility of a free prequel to SWTOR. They have talked about their stance on free teasers for the public, look at Dragon Age journeys and you will understand what I'm talking about.

Quoting Bioware Executives:
    "TOR will be KOTOR 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and whatever number you want".

Thats quite aclear "no we won't give you a conclusion to trilogy,go enjoy the mmo and bring us money" statement.

Oh and mmo plot makes it clear:

KOTORI: Revan goes on a journey to defeat True Sith
    KOTORII: Exile follows him.

TOR: True Sith after 300 years invade the known universe, Revan FAILED back then, now YOU go on to slaughter True Sith who look just like Sith and whom Revan had so much difficulty winning against, despite being one of the most powerful force users and having a wound of force by his side...

The whole premise of TOR is that "lol, KOTORI and II does not matter,those characters failed at doing what they wished to do, now go fight against those true sith who are simple sith but TRUE!"

Was it so hard to do something like this:
    1. Creating KOTOR III and showing us Revan and Exile defeating True Sith....with a after-credits hint that a few ships escaped.
    2. Creating TOR with premise that those few ships with True Sith apprentices(and no true sith) rebuilt at least ~30%of True Sith strength and are now invading the Republic.

The whole path Bioware took is clear - more money, more money, more money.

# ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• Windrider30Windrider30 Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by XAleX360

What the fuck are you blatering of?

This game has all the MMO elements you would ever need, from social activities to economy, crafting&harvesting, PvP combat, raids and everything else. They already confirmed it.
    Otherwise, how could they even think of challenging World of Warcraft? Don't forget that Electronic Arts is set to do exactly that. They tried Mythic and Warhammer with WO, now they are putting their money on Bioware and Star Wars. And this time, they may actually succeed.
    Until now, Bioware only talked about their unique take on MMOs which, unsurprisingly, involves deep storylines, class arcs, NPC interactions just like the ones we are used to in their single player games; except now they will be applied to a MMORPG, which is a massive innovation by itself for the genre.
    After playing Dragon Age, I have even more faith that Bioware can pull it off. They showed they can do great dungeon, bosses and story with a gameplay very akin to MMO ones, especially WoW. Beta will come soon anyway, and everyone will be able to judge then.

Dont get me wrong i understand where your comming from but i had to comment on part of what you had to say which to be honest always pisses me off  to no end. And that was the comment on the beta will be out and everyone will be able to judge then. Beta is NOT for judging but to help make the game a better game when they release the first part of it (ignoring future patches and what not). In beta your suppose to help find the bugs, instead of whining that oh this "class isnt complete or this quest is not working and this game is crap" of course the game wont be complete and quests will not be working right because its beta, its a time to test things like stressing the hardware to make sure it can handle the stress, to see if the devs can handle the stress with out going bald!! You really cant "judge" how a game is going to be on the beta, i have helped out on some crapy betas only to find out that the finished project is a true gem.

• japhezjaphez Member Posts: 29

I don't usually post in this flame-haven you guys call a forum, but the last two classes have already been announced.

http://swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=91932

Jedi Consular and the Sith Inquisitor.

So there you go, support classes.  Where are my harvesters and crafting now?

I'm surprised this information hasn't spread around more.

• fcazaresfcazares Member Posts: 190

Actually it was spread around a lot if anyone wanted to take the time to look. Unfortunately they're too busy flaming here about the performance of a game that has not even been released. If you wanted to know what the classes were and how HUGE the fan base for this game already is you had to look no further than the forums for the game on the official SW:TOR site. They've had official threads for the new classes for a while now.