Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Face of Mankind - CB4 - Worth It?

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Just a quick question for anyone who has played or is currently playing FoM... Is it worth getting into at this point or should I stay away?

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

First of all NDA, so cant tell specifics. Open beta and launch shouldn't be too far now so if you want just wait for that. Also post this on the FOM forums not here.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Didn't really want specifics. Just wanted to know if it's changed into something playable...

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440
    Originally posted by Mystik86

Didn't really want specifics. Just wanted to know if it's changed into something playable...

Ye that would fall into breach of the NDA.

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

Well isn't that wonderful. I guess I'll head to the FoM forums then...

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Mystik86

Well isn't that wonderful. I guess I'll head to the FoM forums then...

If by playable, you mean is it up and running? Yes. You'd better hope by CB4 that it is anyways, especially since it's a rerelease.

If by playable, you mean fun? Yeah, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

And Gabby, don't be so cruel. It's a rerelease. The only stuff that's under NDA is the rerelease specific stuff. It's been released before. In all technicalities, we're free to talk about what was there before the original closure.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

Oh wow, that game's still around?   Ugh...

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    Originally posted by Axehilt

Oh wow, that game's still around?   Ugh...

My thought exactly but we must keep an open mind.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

NDA doesn't mean you can't say if it sucks or rocks.

NDA simply means specific terms.. Read the NDA guys hehe..

Is the game taking shape, yes or no.

You're not breaking NDA by saying : yes it's getting along here... or no, it's far from being ready.

• johnmatthaisjohnmatthais Member CommonPosts: 2,663
    Originally posted by Ponico

NDA doesn't mean you can't say if it sucks or rocks.

NDA simply means specific terms.. Read the NDA guys hehe..

Is the game taking shape, yes or no.
    You're not breaking NDA by saying : yes it's getting along here... or no, it's far from being ready.

Hard to say. How it takes shape is up to the players. Always has been, always will be. I never played the first release but the original players are saying it's significantly different in a few ways. I can tell ya now pretty much everything has worked for me so far without error and I'm having fun. Others may have different experiences though.

• wnnw98wnnw98 Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

First of all NDA, so cant tell specifics. Open beta and launch shouldn't be too far now so if you want just wait for that. Also post this on the FOM forums not here.

Yes... go ahead and post on the official forums where only sycophants, fanboys, and forum nazis... erm... I mean forum mods, are allowed to respond to your questions.

If you want objective answers on whether the game is actually good or not, you can ask here since no other forum in the whole internets is even slightly interested in talking about this abomination of a game.

But if you've got players dodging your question, OP, by citing that they are under the NDA so they can't answer "specifics," you can bet that the game sucks.

• MeathamMeatham Member Posts: 12

Face of Mankind is like sitting in a box.. but this is no ordinary box.. THIS BOX IS A RACECAR!  Or, A FIRETRUCK!  Or, A SPACESHIP TRAVELING THROUGH SPACE AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT!

Face of Mankind is like buying a pageless book.  We all love one of those, right?  I know I do.  I usually let the internet write my books for me.. and that means I get a heaping handfull of retard (Guaranteed 30% drool, 15% shit in pants, 15% eating glue).  The other 40% consists of mentally challenged arguments and repetetive stories about how a scientist knows something devastating, but he has been kidnapped.. or how theres a gas leak on the planet.  You'll have extremely important sounding news reports that have little to no effect on your gameplay or anything to do with it.

But hey, if you enjoy cybersex.. you're in for a real treat.  Internet sexxers come from all around the world just to enter one of Face of Mankinds apartments and pretend to take off each others digital clothes.  Want to get raped in an alley and then get ridiculed by everyone who saw it?  Well Face of Mankind is for you!

If you're into roleplay, I'd suggest something like a GTA San Andreas Multiplayer Mod roleplay server.  This may be just a mod, but it has numerous features that are actually implemented into the game.. unlike Face of Mankind.  It has all of the shooting, all of the roleplay, and bigger more enthralling maps.  You can even get a GM to set any house on the map as your own..

Sorry to inform you that the game hasn't changed much, despite their blatant attempt to try and make it seem so in the dev updates.

Tubes were always a problem for the whiners.. "They're playing tube games!  I got tube-ganked/naded/blocked!" so they decided to do away with the tubes and replace them with insta-teleporters.  Step in.. and arrive on the other side of the map in less than a second!

You use to be able to make squads at rank 4 or 5.  But now you have to be rank 6 to make a 'squad' which they conveniently renamed 'departments'.

They changed the hacking system from the old binary system to a more completely random mini game.  You won't always get in now if you have the procedure memorized.. but you certainly might get annoyed with the randomness of it.

They had random noding in when I was playing.  They claimed it was to either reduce lag on the server or stop spawn camping.  It made it extremely impossible to help a new player or even group up.  Sometimes it was even almost impossible to attack a colony that was already defended.  Imagine taking 5-10 people into a colony defended by 10-15 people.. then noding into the node that all the enemies were at and being slowly picked off.  Random noding.  At one point they had it so you could go in at the same time if you went in at the right time.  It was better, but nothing like buying a ticket.. or even looting an enemies escape ticket and hunting him down.

After being arrested now, you are teleported to the prison where you are forced to, instead of shooting at a wall to collect rocks, crouch around the prison or do other equally menial tasks to work away your pp.

They added a few new weapons.. and by new weapons.. I mean hideously colored versions of their already existing counterparts.

One semi-good thing I've heard about is the takeover system.  They've finally done something that actually involves the player somewhat.  At first, they removed the campaign and CC button system.. and made it completely reliant on faction activity on a colony.  Basically lead to Face of ManimAFK.  So they decided they would add a MINI-CYCLE at the end of each cycle.. called the FINAL BATTTTLEEE.  This was nothing more than a tiny campaign where you had to try to fight over the colony to keep it at the very end of the cycle.  But now they've elemented a sort of base takeover system for the final battle.

But overall, the game is basically the same.  You'd be better off playing SAMP, or even the tabletop shadowrun if you're into roleplay or exercising your imagination.