Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This Game Looks...

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Alright, actually. Looks a bit like your average F2P, but with a lot more detail put into it than I would expect.

Comments

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

You made a thread to say this, and that's it?

Well I guess I can agree, though it does look a bit more up-to-date than most other f2p mmo's out right now. It's too bad there are no more betakeys left for CB.

I'm fairly interested in giving the game a try now that the CB period is almost over and all they keys are gone lol. No word on when the 2nd CB actually starts yet, but they do say there will be more keys released soon.

• ArchidArchid Member UncommonPosts: 210
    Originally posted by Devour

Alright, actually. Looks a bit like your average F2P, but with a lot more detail put into it than I would expect.

Yes, the reason to it is mainly this -> www.nival.com/eng/our_games/index.shtml .They have done couple marvelous games, starting from rage of mages and etherlords.

the best way to kill a troll is to FLAME ON! ...or with acid...

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by Archid

Originally posted by Devour

Yes, the reason to it is mainly this -> www.nival.com/eng/our_games/index.shtml .They have done couple marvelous games, starting from rage of mages and etherlords.

Oh they did Etherlords too? I liked that game 8D. Was hard as hell though!

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

just got in the beta and let me just say this about the graphics they are on par with p2p mmo's. This will most likely take the top f2p mmo spot if not it'll tie with RoM

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

just got in the beta and let me just say this about the graphics they are on par with p2p mmo's. This will most likely take the top f2p mmo spot if not it'll tie with RoM

I have to agree with this, the game is beyond what I expected from a f2p title. The game play is fairly smooth and its fairly fun. So far it's out done my expectations by a lot, I went in expecting a f2p I could check out and laugh about with my wife, but we were both pleasently surprised. We will both be playing Allods at launch.

We checked out Alganon as well lol, were not going to go there.

The games worth a look if nothing else. As far as free to plays go it's looking really good, compaired to pay to plays it could hold it's own in the market from what I've seen so far. Haven't come across anything ground breakingly new concept wise, but whats there is done well. Keeping my fingers crossed on the game surprising me more down the road.

• drawingbraddrawingbrad Member UncommonPosts: 67

The combat in this game is way too clunky and oh wait tell you get to the first instance where it takes on average 15-25 minutes to kill a boss that stands there and does absolutely nothing but hit you with his staff! Yea its pretty pathetic, combat is clunky, takes way to long to kill, graphics are so so, and the overall game is just garbage, to me they waste 12 million dollars and should have invested into something a little more up to date in terms of gameplay, instead of trying to make another wow clone

• cichiceancichicean Member UncommonPosts: 18

Nice graphics... actually more than nice. It has a nice music, a good story, a lot of classes and everything all those guys above me said. Now those are good things if you like eye candy but when it comes to gameplay, first of all it kinnda lacks the sense of direction, i had to read the quest dialog and check the map at least 5 times at each quest to figure out where i'm supposed to go.

Second, waaaaaay to slow combat and you can't strafe, not while shooting anyway and there's no point in kiting cz u can't get away from the mobs (i played scout - ranged attack), and the thing that bothered me the most was the difficulty of lower mobs, I got killed 4 times in 10 minutes while trying to kill a bug (insect) 2 lvls lower than me. You can't use terrain features to your advantage, you can climb on top of something and shoot the mobs but they just reset their health back to 100%. From what i've seen, this game it`s another wow, same "must be in party to kill, advance and lvl up", "i hate you cz u pked me" and "I want instance or i cry".

Now, don't get me wrong, it seems to be a great game... for kids. I think the target customers for this game are wow players.

If you wanna play a challenging game with gorgeous realistic graphics, good story, nice music, and lots of other well though features, try Soul of the Ultimate Nation - S.U.N. or The Chronicles of Spellborn - TcoS, both are f2p.

• AthcearAthcear Member Posts: 420

I've been playing in the beta, and I like what I see.  The beta only goes up to level 10, so there's lots yet to see.  I think there's a lot of potential for this game to be awesome.  It needs a fair bit of tweaking, though.  The combat is quite slow and some abilities are broken, and some just plain don't do enough damage.  Healing spells need some normalization, too.

I tried Spellborn, too.  I like the combat system, and the difference in the classes, but the world is really dull and uninteresting.  I didn't feel much connection with what I was doing, and had no idea really why  I was doing it.

Important facts:
    1. Free to Play games are poorly made.
    2. Casuals are not all idiots, but idiots call themselves casuals.
    3. Great solo and group content are not mutually exclusive, but they suffer when one is shoved into the mold of the other. The same is true of PvP and PvE.
    4. Community is more important than you think.