Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guess Who's Back!

DevourDevour Member Posts: 902

Hello, chaps and chappettes, how is Darkfall these days? Still doing ridiculous stuff that makes everyone chuckle?

Comments

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

My apologies in advance,

But I dont think anyone knows who you are.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

• Zorvan01Zorvan01 Member CommonPosts: 390
    Originally posted by Excalaber2

My apologies in advance,
    But I dont think anyone knows who you are.

Guess again.

'Sup, Devour! Just the usual here.

image]image

• DevourDevour Member Posts: 902
    Originally posted by Zorvan01
    Guess again.

And there was I hoping that Darkfall had evolved into a reasonable sandbox worth playing. =(

Then again, even the ideas for it weren't as good as some other games, noticeably Dark&Light.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Devour

Originally posted by Zorvan01
    Guess again.

And there was I hoping that Darkfall had evolved into a reasonable sandbox worth playing. =(

Then again, even the ideas for it weren't as good as some other games, noticeably Dark&Light.

From what I've learned AV has gotten their shit together in the last few months and an expansion will be released this month. So why not wait until the expansion is released and give it a whirl just for shits and giggles?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

wb you are really needed  (no sarcasm)

BestSigEver :P

Originally posted by Agricola1 
    From what I've learned AV has gotten their shit together in the last few months and an expansion will be released this month. So why not wait until the expansion is released and give it a whirl just for shits and giggles?

I would have a try, but I'm not really willing to drop £40 on something that it's more than likely I won't play after the free month is up, especially going into the Christmas season. I only grabbed Dragon Age because it was £20 off the site I found it on.

• IbluerateIbluerate Member Posts: 256

I'm waiting until March, if the game still seems stable, I'll try it out.

Playing: World Of Warcraft
    Resting From: Nothing
    Retired: EQ2, CoH, Tabula Rasa, SWG, Warhammer, AoC
    Waiting For: SWTOR, APB
    Love(d): Tabula Rasa, SWG, World Of Warcraft, Age of Conan

• IzureIzure Member Posts: 518

Lets see they lowered the grind, increase new player enjoyments.

Adding houses/villages.

Gotten rid of 95% of all hackers( speed/teleport) not sure about the radar hackers.

GM staff have gone up.

They have a community staff on forums.

Dev events have been happening.

Transfers happened and smoothly.

Local banking coming up.

More specializations are coming up.

Supposedly in the last dev post, "thousands of fixs are in the expansion"

They redone MOBs, so they are not so tedious but more tactical and improved their AI, coming up they are revampin gloot tables again and adding in different damage types the mobs will be weaked/resist to.

Double tap and double jump will be a option, so melee will be getting some major love.

More love to sieging mechanics. And more needs for boats/warhulks.

Also caravans and maybe transport ships are coming up.

Pretty much we get an update out of the devs once a month, and a update from the community staff 1-3 times a day which is really love.

Melee is going to be less clunky and is probably going to get a revamp.

So lots of stuff will change and get added for the better.

Only concerns I have, will they be on time and will it be tested thoroughly. But with any Indie company those 2 things are a lot to ask.

Lets just say I went from unsubbed to EVE to remembering how EVE combat is boring back to sub to sieging and taking peoples loot, while PVE'ing to have the best equipment  in darkfall once again.

Also there are farily no macro'ers in cities these days due to the more experience gains off mobs then players.

Originally posted by cosy

wb you are really needed  (no sarcasm)

Oh, nice...

Why?

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Never heard of you so you can't be that important......

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by Izure

Lets see they lowered the grind, increase new player enjoyments.
    Adding houses/villages.
    Gotten rid of 95% of all hackers( speed/teleport) not sure about the radar hackers.
    GM staff have gone up.
    They have a community staff on forums.
    Dev events have been happening.
    Transfers happened and smoothly.
    Local banking coming up.
    More specializations are coming up.
    Supposedly in the last dev post, "thousands of fixs are in the expansion"
    They redone MOBs, so they are not so tedious but more tactical and improved their AI, coming up they are revampin gloot tables again and adding in different damage types the mobs will be weaked/resist to.
    Double tap and double jump will be a option, so melee will be getting some major love.
    More love to sieging mechanics. And more needs for boats/warhulks.
    Also caravans and maybe transport ships are coming up.
    Pretty much we get an update out of the devs once a month, and a update from the community staff 1-3 times a day which is really love.
    Melee is going to be less clunky and is probably going to get a revamp.
    So lots of stuff will change and get added for the better.
    Only concerns I have, will they be on time and will it be tested thoroughly. But with any Indie company those 2 things are a lot to ask.

Lets just say I went from unsubbed to EVE to remembering how EVE combat is boring back to sub to sieging and taking peoples loot, while PVE'ing to have the best equipment  in darkfall once again.
    Also there are farily no macro'ers in cities these days due to the more experience gains off mobs then players.

He pretty much said everything :)

Originally posted by Cyborg99

Never heard of you so you can't be that important......

Your witty retort breaks my heart.