Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can fund wish .

lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

How much do they need ?

does anyone know ?

My Signature :

Me Tall , Me Smart

Comments

• WarcriminalWarcriminal Member Posts: 244
    prolly need more than you have, unless you are a multimilionaire image

• sygmassygmas Member Posts: 949

rofl

• BlackAlphaBlackAlpha Member Posts: 6

They don't need much, just a couple of million.

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294

Originally posted by jakoblin

How much do they need ?
    does anyone know ?

My Signature :
    Me Tall , Me Smart

Read this. It'll give you an idea of the trouble you'll be facing IF you wish to revive Wish.

Original post at [URL=http://www.projectwish.com/]Project Wish.com[/URL]

Latest news:

A letter from MR & Our Reply time: 2005 Jan 11, 20:56:32
    Marc was very kind to reply wish such short notice and was very direct. We thank him for taking the time to address us.

Mikhail,
        First of all, I would like to thank you and all the other dedicated members of your group very much for your efforts to try to keep Wish alive.
        Wish has been shut down because with the data we gathered during the first 10 days of our Beta 2.0 test, even with our best-case projections for player numbers, we could not have reached enough subscribers for Wish to sustain itself.
        This is the reason that I already gave to several fan site managers, and it is the only reason. There have been no technical problems out of the ordinary, we have not been bought out, and neither is there any truth in any of the other rumors that are being spread in the Internet.
        This reason is hard to accept for some fans of Wish, and I can understand that. There has been a very loyal and dedicated community around Wish. But it is simply not large enough to support a group of over 32 full-time game developers, plus many others that worked as consultants.
        As for what will happen to the Wish code, I unfortunately cannot give you any information at this time.
        Best regards,
        Marc

Marc still left the source code question unanswered, but i am sure he had his reasons so i asked him to keep us updated on the subject:

Marc,
        Thank you for taking the time to reply to us. It means a lot as a fan. I hope you don't mind me posting your response to the wish community, I think it will calm things down a bit. However, the source code question will remain. Please, let us know when you are able to tell us anything about it. Also, if you would entertain the idea of publicizing the price of it in case some of the development teams in the community wish to find funding to buy it either to continue development or to release publicly.

Mikhail
        Webmaster
        Project Wish
        Fan

And marc replied just minutes later.

Mikhail,
        Please feel free to post this and my other email on your forums.
        As I wrote before, at this point in time I cannot give you any more information about what will happen to the Wish source code, foremost because I do not know myself yet. However, I do not want to give you an false hopes: It is very unlikely that the Wish source code will be released under some form of open source license. The code depends on several commercial products, so you couldn't just use the code as it is. Furthermore, you would need a large and highly experienced development staff to actually use the code, plus a lot of support from the original authors, something that most likely would not be possible. I'm really sorry that I cannot give you any better news, but knowing the complexity and required efforts of development, I'm afraid that Wish as a community project is not feasible.
        Best regards,
        Marc

We will be holding an ongoing dev meeting in irc this evening to plan the next phase of our strategy with this new development. Join #projectwish to get involved.

Nemo sine vitio est

Nemo sine vitio est

• crossmrcrossmr Member Posts: 79

The thing is they never give any numbers...for all we know they might only be over budget by say 10% or something like that..
    They just state repeatedly that they won't get enouhg subscribers yet won't say how much they figure they'll spend each month and how many subscribers they think they'll get.

Jeonsa - Korean video games for Foreigners

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329
    I don't think it would be a very good investment.

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Supposdedly these games cost over 20 millon to develop.  Microsoft said they had put 20 millon into Mythica (is that the right name) before cancelling it early last year.  If you want to revive Wish  and market the game to a mainstream audience I would expect to pay far more than that.  Wish's graphics were 3-4 years out of date, the combat was horrible, the artwork was horrible and the game was years from completion.  Wish needs to be redone from the ground up, new engine, new graphics, ne artowork, new combay system, etc.  By the time this game could make it to market the graphics would be hopelessly out of date.  Unless your making a free mud style game or you want 5,000 max subscribers there is no point in keeping the present game.

Wish essentially was a poor unfinished  version of Horizon's.  If you want to lose your money and you don't want to send it to me or someone more deserving you are better off spending your money by buying Horizon's from the bankrupty court.  You get better graphics, a somewhat finished game, almost as bad a combat system and a very good crafting game along with 2-3,000 subscibers.  Buy Horizons, change the name to Wish and you are much better off.

• CodojussCodojuss Member Posts: 24

Ya, wish isn't a very smart investment.

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Cant remember what game it was, but the budget was supposed to be over a million per month. Mind you thats probably the same for a lot of highend games, not sure how much Wish was costing.

• lorddeath101lorddeath101 Member UncommonPosts: 315

oh i see .

too expensive.

i thought it was only a few hundred per month or sumthin

My Signature :

Me Tall , Me Smart

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Originally posted by jakoblin
    My Signature :

Me Tall , Me Smart

Are you sure? ::::02::

• ZippyZippy Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,412

Here is a link to someone claiming to ebaying the Wish server clusters.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5744410316

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

[quote]Originally posted by Zippy
    [b]Here is a link to someone claiming to ebaying the Wish server clusters.
    [url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5744410316][/b][/quote]

Damn, I bet that thing can play EQ2 on extreme graphics, with some modifications.

• SpliffzeroSpliffzero Member Posts: 6
    im not sure my PC NOW can play EQ2 completely maxed out.. (60fps) even at 640x480.. half jokingly..