Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

my review

ok... this is not a mmorpg.

you make a creature, and then join a lobby. in this lobby, you can walk around in a small area, fish, and challenge people.

Combat is 1 on 1 and turn based. Each creature can attack from 5 parts of its body, and depending on your opponents attack, you either do high, medium, low, or no damage.

There is room for strategy, as you can combo multiple attacks of the fire sort for example.

The game does not seem very deep, however, and most people I battled ignored my rather colorful trash talk. Like one person out of ten even said anything... makes me wonder who I am battling??

Performance is ok... the lobby areas got a little (alot) laggy with even 10 people in them. After trying to create a second account to make a second creature, my second account got insta banned. I am not sure if this is good or annoying.

Overall... it is not what I thought it would be. It is more like pokemon then a real mmorpg... but I guess it would be fun if you bought enough item shop stuff to become imba, and could just pwn everyone. Battles are slow, and sometimes frustrating, as alot of stuff (criticals, misses) are based on a rock,paper,scissor system.

Whoever gave this an 8 needs to be fired.

Comments

• HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,411

It is a game aimed at children....are you a child?

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by Horusra

The fact that it's aimed at children is irrelevant.  There should be standards by which one grades an MMO, even appropriate to the audience. Other children's MMOs are far superior in every aspect (Wizard101, for example) and are appealing to both children and adults.

If you look at my post history, you'll see that I tend to be very analytic when it comes to games and my feedback.  I provide a lot of detail and reasoning in my posts (see my recent feedback posts on Earth Eternal, for example) This is the only game on this site that I've played that I'll just sum up with "it's crap".  That's saying a lot.  If you want to see my detailed responses to the review and a rebuttal of the "it's a kids game" excuse click here.

~Ripper

• darkb457darkb457 Member CommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by rhinok

Originally posted by Horusra

The fact that it's aimed at children is irrelevant.  There should be standards by which one grades an MMO, even appropriate to the audience. Other children's MMOs are far superior in every aspect (Wizard101, for example) and are appealing to both children and adults.

If you look at my post history, you'll see that I tend to be very analytic when it comes to games and my feedback.  I provide a lot of detail and reasoning in my posts (see my recent feedback posts on Earth Eternal, for example) This is the only game on this site that I've played that I'll just sum up with "it's crap".  That's saying a lot.  If you want to see my detailed responses to the review and a rebuttal of the "it's a kids game" excuse click here.

~Ripper

Yeah, and children's MMOs are really the ones getting all the any thought put into the gameplay these days, except Lost Saga but it's not really much. I'm serious, most of these games don't even need a website anymore, you just take a screenshot, sign-up sheet and download button and stick it on one central hub for the entire industry, at rate it's going right now