Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2 is garbage and here is why.

biaxilbiaxil Member UncommonPosts: 35

Here are the problems with EQ2:

It is so solo friendly that it is a joke, which is an understatement. 

The quests are pointless.  They feel like a chore, just to get AA's.  People who say they hate grinding and then say they love the questing are beyond hypocritical.  The quests are a grind themselves.

The class set piece gear makes all other gear worthless in comparison and just vendor trash, so there is really 0 item diverstiy when everyone will just get the samethings.

There is 0 immersion with how choppy the zones are and that you can teleport anywhere from your guild houses, which brings me to my next point.

With each new expansion, with TSO being the most extreme, instances totally destroy immersion.  With the contested zones just being a place to do the pathectically easy solo quests, all the rest of the "challenging" mobs are in instanced zones.  If people want their own private zones so bad, why are they playing an MMO?  TSO was 1 open zone and like 20 instanced zones.  This required 0 creativity.

All of the no drop/attuneable gear limits the game's economy.

0 death penalty.  I have actually killed myself so i could respawn somewhere else, because it was faster to do so.  Corpse runs back in EQ1 gave you a reason to actually be careful when playing and fear dieing.  (remember running to the zone border for your life?)

PVP at level 80 is just a cluster-zerg to do pvp writs to get elite gear.  There is no actual point besides getting tokens for gear to pvp, which has made it pointless and actually not even fun.  I used to enjoy killing a player in EQ1 and sending them all the way back to their bind point.  It gave PVP more of an effect on the game.

Also, all of the other little things you used to be able to do in EQ1, like charm mobs, give weapons to mobs, put loot you dont want on the floor, kill the banker, wear whatever gear on any toon because no gear had level reqs, and so on.  EQ2 is full of restrictions and a lot of the carebears on EQ1 back in the day got all of the cool stuff that made the game feel immersive, nerfed.

All that EQ2 is, is getting 24 people in a private(instanced) zone, to see if they can learn the strats good enough to beat a script.  If raiding is all you want to do, then maybe its an awesome game.  But if you want a real open, free feeling, and unrestricted immersive game, then EQ2 is garbage.

I wrote this thread because I saw people writing about how deep this game is and that there are so many things to do, which is such crap.  You can just keep hitting the "I win" button to level 80 just going from one zone doing the exact same thing over and over again in this game.  And if you think doing things like running around the map collecting shinies is fun, then you rode the short bus and there is no point trying to reason with you.  SOE put stupid crap like that in the game to keep retards busy and it works.

Loved EQ Classic and hates that carebears had it changed.

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Can I have your stuff?

• EogrisEogris Member UncommonPosts: 102

Good post. EQ2 seems like fun before you sub. Then once your grinding AA just to compete in PvP you remember why you unsubbed in the first place.

• DactylDactyl Member Posts: 44

They changed a game you loved and now your butthurt over it, and its sequel didn't fill the void, which simply added to the butthurt.  its even more frustrating that nothing else on the market is really that good.  It happens to everyone, just keep taking your medication. 

stuff and things

• DosasDosas Member Posts: 104

Some pointers.

First and foremost, EQ2 is, has been and always be a PVE-focused game, which means 2 things:

1) If you are a solo player you can play for the quests, lore, crafts, the economy, the RP factor with your house/guild halls w/e. Many choices here. You don't 'grind' quests, you can do them if you like the lore, or you can go and grind mobs instead if you just like the combat, with the aa slider you can decide how to spend your xp, as in adventuring xp or aa xp.

2)If you are a group player, you play for the heroic zones, or the raids. You beat scripts. That's what you do in PvE games, you kill internet dragons. PvP in this game was, is and always be restricted to 1 server, as an afterthought, for people who enjoy killing each other, it's not designed as a pvp game, and the devs really dont focus much on the pvp aspect, which explains the gross imbalances, see coercers/sks this expansion.

Now, death penalty, instancing, etc, you are right, but EQ2 is not EQ1, it's a different game and it has a different, more casual-friendly if you like approach to doing things. If you try to compare it to EQ1, you really are preaching to the choir. Apart from the lore, the name, and basic  gameplay choices, they ARE DIFFERENT GAMES for DIFFERENT TASTES.

Using EQ1 as point of reference is pointless, that's why SOE develops the 2 games differently, each with their own expansions, because they cater to different crowds.

Peace.

• inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Originally posted by Dosas

Some pointers.
    First and foremost, EQ2 is, has been and always be a PVE-focused game, which means 2 things:
    1) If you are a solo player you can play for the quests, lore, crafts, the economy, the RP factor with your house/guild halls w/e. Many choices here. You don't 'grind' quests, you can do them if you like the lore, or you can go and grind mobs instead if you just like the combat, with the aa slider you can decide how to spend your xp, as in adventuring xp or aa xp.
    2)If you are a group player, you play for the heroic zones, or the raids. You beat scripts. That's what you do in PvE games, you kill internet dragons. PvP in this game was, is and always be restricted to 1 server, as an afterthought, for people who enjoy killing each other, it's not designed as a pvp game, and the devs really dont focus much on the pvp aspect, which explains the gross imbalances, see coercers/sks this expansion.
    Now, death penalty, instancing, etc, you are right, but EQ2 is not EQ1, it's a different game and it has a different, more casual-friendly if you like approach to doing things. If you try to compare it to EQ1, you really are preaching to the choir. Apart from the lore, the name, and basic  gameplay choices, they ARE DIFFERENT GAMES for DIFFERENT TASTES.
    Using EQ1 as point of reference is pointless, that's why SOE develops the 2 games differently, each with their own expansions, because they cater to different crowds.
    Peace.

That was an excellent response, slapped this IDIOT right across the face, I don't understand why people post this crap, slamming a game and not even understanding the very post that they put on here.

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• biaxilbiaxil Member UncommonPosts: 35
    Originally posted by Dosas

Some pointers.
    Peace.

I understand that they are two different games, but EQ1 has been completely watered down from what it was.  the comparisons I was making to it using EQ1 as a reference are pre-Luclin based.  That is when I came backand decided to try EQ2 in 2005.  So its not like I can just go play EQ 1 now because its not the EQ I played from 2000-2002.

And I don't know if you played EQ2 during launch, it was actually a much harder game than it is now.  It had corpse runs and strict death penalties, but again the carebears complained and had their way.  It seems that if people are no good at something, they would rather have it made easier and have the "Inconveniencs" removed rather than just quit the game so they make the game shitty for the players that love the game for what it is and was meant to be.  Original EQ back in the day was group based as well, it just wasn't crap like today's games, fot the "shiney armour pwnage" crowd.

As for the last poster who referred to me as an idiot, it speaks volumes about someone that would not question the logic behind my original post, and instead just call me an idiot because I may have touched a sore spot revealing his carebear side.

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602

EQ2 is garbage because the gameplay is fucking ghetto, if you can get over that component then the game is actually pretty amazing. 

• You should put mmorpg in the title instead of eq2. 

biaxil
  • ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

90% of MMORPG out there right now have really crappy gameplay and is super carebear.

There are two MMORPG i think that didn't really go the carebear route yet and that is Lineage 1 and Lineage 2. So if you guys are going to complain about a game not having death penalty and crap think before you slam a individual game.

Yes, Everquest 2 launched as a insanely hard game and etc. But obviously that was not what people were looking for because most gamers today like games like WoW, AoC, WAR where they can go around hitting and pvping random people without consequences.

• chriswsmchriswsm Member UncommonPosts: 383

I loves it for the first 8 months or so

Never touched it since

I used to visit this site a lot however in recent years it has become the home of negative forum posts, illogical opinions and tantrums so I visit less often.

Played or Beta'd: UO / DAOC / Horizons / EQ2 / DDO / EVE / Archlord / PirateKingsOnline / Tabula Rasa / LOTRO / AOC / Champions / Darkfall / Mortal Online / DCUO / Rift / STO / SWTOR / TSW

• VarnyVarny Member Posts: 765

I loved the game in beta but I was young and hoping they'd make the world seamless lol.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

My biggest complaint is the solo aspect. I don't want to spend 80-90 levels soloing. Why even put that grind in?

• biaxilbiaxil Member UncommonPosts: 35

yea, im going to start playing Darkfall again.  I just hope its not as laggy as when I first played it.  Besides that, I loved the game.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by biaxil

The quests are pointless.  They feel like a chore, just to get AA's.  People who say they hate grinding and then say they love the questing are beyond hypocritical.  The quests are a grind themselves.
    The class set piece gear makes all other gear worthless in comparison and just vendor trash, so there is really 0 item diverstiy when everyone will just get the samethings.
    There is 0 immersion with how choppy the zones are and that you can teleport anywhere from your guild houses, which brings me to my next point.
    With each new expansion, with TSO being the most extreme, instances totally destroy immersion.  With the contested zones just being a place to do the pathectically easy solo quests, all the rest of the "challenging" mobs are in instanced zones.  If people want their own private zones so bad, why are they playing an MMO?  TSO was 1 open zone and like 20 instanced zones.  This required 0 creativity.
    0 death penalty.  I have actually killed myself so i could respawn somewhere else, because it was faster to do so.  Corpse runs back in EQ1 gave you a reason to actually be careful when playing and fear dieing.  (remember running to the zone border for your life?)
    PVP at level 80 is just a cluster-zerg to do pvp writs to get elite gear.  There is no actual point besides getting tokens for gear to pvp, which has made it pointless and actually not even fun.  I used to enjoy killing a player in EQ1 and sending them all the way back to their bind point.  It gave PVP more of an effect on the game.
    Also, all of the other little things you used to be able to do in EQ1, like charm mobs, give weapons to mobs, put loot you dont want on the floor, kill the banker, wear whatever gear on any toon because no gear had level reqs, and so on.  EQ2 is full of restrictions and a lot of the carebears on EQ1 back in the day got all of the cool stuff that made the game feel immersive, nerfed.
    All that EQ2 is, is getting 24 people in a private(instanced) zone, to see if they can learn the strats good enough to beat a script.  If raiding is all you want to do, then maybe its an awesome game.  But if you want a real open, free feeling, and unrestricted immersive game, then EQ2 is garbage.
    I wrote this thread because I saw people writing about how deep this game is and that there are so many things to do, which is such crap.  You can just keep hitting the "I win" button to level 80 just going from one zone doing the exact same thing over and over again in this game.  And if you think doing things like running around the map collecting shinies is fun, then you rode the short bus and there is no point trying to reason with you.  SOE put stupid crap like that in the game to keep retards busy and it works.

Then leave instead of posting to annoy people.

See... if you weren't just trying to cause trouble, you'd just leave the game. At the most, you'd send a nasty email to the devs who can actually do something about your complaints. Instead, you're on here complaining. You'd do more damage to them by taking your money away than you will by going to a web site that doesn't even belong to them to list your complaints.

I loath WoW too but I don't go to THEIR forum just to complain and list my grievances. I will never give them my money again. Thats enough.

I guarantee that nobody here cares that you've decided you hate this game.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186
    Originally posted by Moirae

Originally posted by biaxil

Then leave instead of posting to annoy people.

See... if you weren't just trying to cause trouble, you'd just leave the game. At the most, you'd send a nasty email to the devs who can actually do something about your complaints. Instead, you're on here complaining. You'd do more damage to them by taking your money away than you will by going to a web site that doesn't even belong to them to list your complaints.

I loath WoW too but I don't go to THEIR forum just to complain and list my grievances. I will never give them my money again. Thats enough.

I guarantee that nobody here cares that you've decided you hate this game.

was thinking same thing why do we have to hear the QQ. don't like EQ2 fine just cancel subscription and move on. why some players have to bash game in place where 90% of the  board love there game. sounds like you want to fight with EQ2 fans. EQ2 has alot players who still play and still love it plain and simple. if don't like it then this is not the mmo for you.