Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Endless Trial Now Live!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

A recent post to the WAR Herald reveals that the Warhammer Online Endless Trial, which allows for players to play through Tier 1 for free, is now live! The launch of the new trial will automatically convert all current 10 Day trial users over to the new system, and also sees the introduction of a new streaming trial client.

Similar to the World of Warcraft trial download, players will only have to download a 1GB client with the rest of the data being streamed in as it's needed. This will allow players to jump in fairly quickly and get right into the skull crushing!

Read below for the restrictions of the Endless Trial taken from the WAR Endless Trial FAQ:

What are the restrictions on the Endless Trial?

• Endless Trial accounts are restricted to Tier 1 of the Empire versus Chaos pairing. This includes Tier 1 scenarios but does not include access to the Capital Cities or the other racial pairings within the game.
  • Endless Trial accounts may receive mail and purchase from the auction house; however, they cannot send mail or create auctions.
  • Endless Trial accounts are limited to designated servers. If you'd like to play with friends on other servers, you will need to purchase a retail copy of the game and transfer your character to their server (or create a new character on their server). All characters Rank 11 and under on purchased accounts have access to unlimited transfers, with a max of one transfer per day. Please note that you can only transfer characters to the same server type as the server you created your characters on (Core, Open RvR, and Roleplay). Please see the full server list here for details about each server, including server type. Alternatively, if you have a friend who is currently playing WAR, you can ask them for a Recruit-a-Friend code that will allow you to create a Recruit-a-Friend trial account which has access to all servers. Please see the Recruit-a-Friend section for more information.

The official announcement can be viewed here

Thanks to user Msly007 for the tip!

Comments

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

nice, I like the way they are going about this. No access to the main cities is spot on for making people pay if they really want to play the game. A bunch of my friends thought they would just run through endless tier 1 scenarios and be happy giving mythic the shaft. Good job on keeping people out of the city auction houses if they don't want to pay. It seems like this is the one way to do it to keep current subs from canceling and having fun exactly as they used to for free. Smart move. Now its time to just sit back and laugh at all the rage that people throw at not being able to do everything in the game they wanted to do for free.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by hogscraper

nice, I like the way they are going about this. No access to the main cities is spot on for making people pay if they really want to play the game. A bunch of my friends thought they would just run through endless tier 1 scenarios and be happy giving mythic the shaft. Good job on keeping people out of the city auction houses if they don't want to pay. It seems like this is the one way to do it to keep current subs from canceling and having fun exactly as they used to for free. Smart move. Now its time to just sit back and laugh at all the rage that people throw at not being able to do everything in the game they wanted to do for free.

Yeah, really good idea to piss off customers you are trying to win back. /sarcasm

I'm not too concerned about city access, but the trial prevents 2/3 of the classes from playing in their own starting zone. That is idiotic.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• hogscraperhogscraper Member Posts: 322

This move was to get new people in, not let paying customers scam their way into free play.  Lol, the poster above thinks this move is to win people back? If you aren't coming back to pay, why would they want you back? This is about getting new people in the door. And new paying customers may want to play in their races starting zone, but when they realize they can't solo their way through the pq's what's the chance they would stick around in that zone anyway? I already said in post#2, the rage will be coming, but only from current or old paying customers that thought they could play for free. Trials are for people new to the game and those players will play where they other players are. I highly doubt that anyone who has that much of a desire to play through a specific area would sit out the first year of the game. Those people may not be playing now, but if they love that area that much, they've already been there. 

• kordoskordos Member Posts: 37

yay now I can play Nordenwatch over and over again for free

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

Is this restricted to North America, or not? I'm trying to log in with my European trial account from a few weeks back, but with no success.

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by Lydon

Is this restricted to North America, or not? I'm trying to log in with my European trial account from a few weeks back, but with no success.

Aren't Euro accounts handled by GOA?

I didn't realize Euros could login to the NA servers with a Euro account.

Originally posted by kordos

No, now you can play all of T1 without ever leveling out of the best content the game has to offer.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Originally posted by Euphoryk

Originally posted by Lydon

Aren't Euro accounts handled by GOA?

I didn't realize Euros could login to the NA servers with a Euro account.

I'm not trying to log into the NA servers? I'm trying to log into the EU servers.

But anyway, judging by the news on their site it seems it's going to be implemented soon. Maybe it takes a while for the change to reflect on accounts.

• kordoskordos Member Posts: 37

No, now you can play all of T1 without ever leveling out of the best content the game has to offer.

I know but it still means I'll just be playing Nordenwatch over and over

• mynameisbenmynameisben Member Posts: 33

This is good news for me. Currently the freebase is limited to two servers. I would suggest playing order on one and destruction on the other.  I currently have a dwarven engineer at level 7 and thats just from a day of playing. I imagine it will take a few more days to get him all geared up, I have been playing lots of scenarios.

Scenarios are like Battlegrounds in WOW in case you didn't know. There are three you get to choose from in the level 1-10 bracket.

Have fun!

• OdelaOdela Member Posts: 120

Logged on, was forced to join a dead server, PunkBuster crashed my computer, uninstalled.

Goodbye forever, this was my first and last time ever attempting you.

• OgrelinOgrelin Member Posts: 636

News on the EU-trial http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en597&lang=en

We are pleased to announce that soon we will be introducing the WAR Endless Free Trial. The Endless Trial will replace the current 10-Day Trial. All players who are currently on their 10-day trial will be automatically converted to an Endless Trial account, so no need to create a new account if you're already a trial customer!

Not yet a Trial Player? Head on over to the WAR Trial page and sign up today!

No. You can't play all of tier one.

You can only play Empire/Chaos tier one. You can't fly to the other zones on a free trial (or use the teleport scroll). You can play all three scenarios, yes.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

Originally posted by Odela

Logged on, was forced to join a dead server, PunkBuster crashed my computer, uninstalled.

I don't think punkbuster is even in the game.

• raysieraysie Member UncommonPosts: 32

LOL that just shows you never got passed your first month  T4 is the best content

Originally posted by raysie

LOL that just shows you never got passed your first month  T4 is the best content

Really? How are those city sieges working for you?

• MMMOGIRLMMMOGIRL Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

Really? How are those city sieges working for you?

Exactly. If they play Destruction, they must be having fun winning ALL the time, but if they're Order, then they would know that T4 sucks hard core right now.

• HricaHrica Member UncommonPosts: 1,129

Geezz...... just make the game F2P already!

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Dont need to go past your first month to experience the lack of content and players in t3+...while u can make a living off of defending and taking battle objectives and keeps it can get boring fast especially on the same 3 map sets....

This is surely gonna bring in some new blood because i can totally see the trial wooing over some people that have been scared to try it but the fact remains.....

Only a small percentage made it past there first month for the reasons stated above.....

p.s. i left 2 days after the new patch and was wondering if order is still getting there capital pillaged daily?

For your information, I was in the first wave of closed beta invites when the game entered cb, tested till early access. Subscribed upon starting early access and played for the next 4 months until I decided I was fed up with the way things were headed.

I came back various times since then and tried to get back into it, same story.

T4 is a joke, if anything that statement shows YOUR lack of insight towards the endgame in WAR. I have contributed more to the game through focused feedback, journals, and testing/reports on the beta forums then you could possibly comprehend.

I have two R40s for your information (both of them RR50+), but am not willing to pay a monthly for broken city sieges and boring content at endgame. Yay! lets run PQs for hours upon hours so that we can do more PVE content?......no thanks. That is not what RVR is about.

I am, however, willing to play T1 content in the order vs chaos pairing free of charge though, and trying to deny it is the best content the game has to offer is lost cause, plenty of others agree with that - in fact the minority are the group who think T4 is worthwhile content.

• treysmoothtreysmooth Member UncommonPosts: 648

Why would anyone wanna go above T1.  The game just gets worse and worse the higher you go.  I remember hitting t3 and thinking now the real fun will begin, lol what a joke.  This will draw in new people that will probably buy the game thinking that t1 pvp represents the rest of the game, to bad it doesn't.

• mynameisbenmynameisben Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by MMO_Doubter

I don't think punkbuster is even in the game.

from 1.3.2 patch notes:

Client crashes and data corruption amongst Trial Client users: We have identified the cause of this issue and it has been addressed on our internal test servers. This means it should be live soon, if it isn't already

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

Wow you just fail on so many levels it isn't even funny

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by treysmooth

Why would anyone wanna go above T1.  The game just gets worse and worse the higher you go.  I remember hitting t3 and thinking now the real fun will begin, lol what a joke.  This will draw in new people that will probably buy the game thinking that t1 pvp represents the rest of the game, to bad it doesn't.

how long ago did you play they fixed most of t2+

• MMMOGIRLMMMOGIRL Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

Originally posted by treysmooth

how long ago did you play they fixed most of t2+

How long ago have YOU played? They haven't fixed squat. Almost everyone in T4 hates the end-game and are irritated at the imbalance of factions(Destruction overpopulates every server). In T1, no one plays together as a team because 70% of them are Noobs and they think its a solo-player game (wrong), in T2 there's hardly enough Order online during peak hours to make the game remotely fun because half of the players from T1 have quit by T2, and its so desolate in T3 that I'm surprised people have even bothered to try to make it to T4.

All Mythic has done is put band-aids on the stuff both Order and Destruction players QQ'd about, yet they haven't done a flippin thing to fix the number one problem with the game: POPULATION IMBALANCE. Many other MMOs had to cap their servers, if only Mythic would pull their head from their rear-end and do it already.

They have already lost so many subs, including me and four of my friends.