Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Email confirmation?

I signed up for an account on there website a while ago and it says they sent me an email confirmation...........which it hasnt. Ive tried resending the email a billion times and its quite frustrating, i turned off my firewall and that still hasnt seem to change anything. Maybe i need to allow somthing in my email settings, but i dont know there email :( please help

Comments

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

I wouldn't bother as CME is bankrupt and their website is unmaintained, the database is slowly degrading due to lack of care and will eventualy just crash and be unsalvagable or the domain name will go unpaid for whichever comes first. Try again with another email address if you're really interested in posting on that site, but there is no game, no staff and no community anymore.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• TylantiaTylantia Member UncommonPosts: 69
    Originally posted by youngeblood

I signed up for an account on there website a while ago and it says they sent me an email confirmation...........which it hasnt. Ive tried resending the email a billion times and its quite frustrating, i turned off my firewall and that still hasnt seem to change anything. Maybe i need to allow somthing in my email settings, but i dont know there email :( please help

That aspect of the system is down currently younge.

More information @ here and here.

# SW:TOR : Tylantia, Sivis, Aeonis, Aehris, Xaehrin, Vhyce, Tehren, Suvis
    # Ryzom : Kasumi / Secor / Anuihlm
    # City of Heroes/Villains : @Tylantia
    # Age of Empires Online : Tylantia (Abydos server)
    # Stargate Worlds : Kadael
    # WoW : Tylantia, Siinaar, Sivis, Moofangles, Aehr, Cehr, Chaizen, Ocep, Tzias

• youngebloodyoungeblood Member Posts: 16

ahhhhhh thx man

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829

So people can't sign up for the forums or the (non-existent) beta test?

Yeah.... this is going really well. SGW will be released any day now...

Originally posted by Raltar

The forums are separate to the accounts system, everyone can create + maintain a forum account.

Its registering a game account and beta opt-in via that which isn't available; but as there is no beta, or an ETA - beta opt-in isn't necessary; until finances are sorted.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Tylantia

The forums are separate to the accounts system, everyone can create + maintain a forum account.

Its registering a game account and beta opt-in via that which isn't available; but as there is no beta, or an ETA - beta opt-in isn't necessary; until finances are sorted.

I think the point he's trying to make is that the forum database degrading due to lack of maintenance is merely a symptom of the overall problem. Also SGW is never going to see beta let alone release due to being sued by the company that provides the beta server, being sued by the investors, being sued by employees, being sued by landlords, being sued by ex-partners, having massive unpaid back taxes, unpaid wages, trying to unite big world and unreal engines which unreal said is not possible and big world said near impossible, Gary Whiting, using investors money to set up shady pyramid schemes *ahem* MMOGULs *ahem* and the fact theat they haven't been working on SGW since Feburary this year, Gary Whiting, They have only 4 "developers" actually working there in any shape or form (I dare Shane to name all the Developers working there now!), they are working on a crappy FPS version of Stargate that probably won't get released due to court action ... oh and did I mention Gary Whiting?

CME/Firesky/SGW/cash sink studios have all sunk a long time ago, all you see now is a single lifeboat with team Whiting paddling for the shore!

FACT!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

Originally posted by Agricola1

Originally posted by Tylantia

I think the point he's trying to make is that the forum database degrading due to lack of maintenance is merely a symptom of the overall problem. Also SGW is never going to see beta let alone release due to being sued by the company that provides the beta server, being sued by the investors, being sued by employees, being sued by landlords, being sued by ex-partners, having massive unpaid back taxes, unpaid wages, trying to unite big world and unreal engines which unreal said is not possible and big world said near impossible, Gary Whiting, using investors money to set up shady pyramid schemes *ahem* MMOGULs *ahem* and the fact theat they haven't been working on SGW since Feburary this year, Gary Whiting, They have only 4 "developers" actually working there in any shape or form (I dare Shane to name all the Developers working there now!), they are working on a crappy FPS version of Stargate that probably won't get released due to court action ... oh and did I mention Gary Whiting?

CME/Firesky/SGW/cash sink studios have all sunk a long time ago, all you see now is a single lifeboat with team Whiting paddling for the shore!

FACT!

For once, can you not derail a thread where someone quite rightly asked for help with an issue.

You just don't want him to tell the truth about this game because the truth is that all the time you have spent working on your wiki has been a waste of time and nobody here wants to hear your hype that the game is still being worked on.

Face it, SGW is dead.

You just don't want him to tell the truth about this game because the truth is that all the time you have spent working on your wiki has been a waste of time and nobody here wants to hear your hype that the game is still being worked on.
    Face it, SGW is dead.

What i call a waste of time is your constant elitist babbling about a game and company you care very little about. You and Agri seriously need to grow up.

I enjoy the wiki and subsequent projects, I believe the game will coem out, maybe not by CME, or maybe not even within the next year or 2. But thats by no means anything to do with you.

Both of you need to seriously re-evaluate why the hell you need to constantly bitch and moan.

So we are "bitching and moaning" just because we have an actual opinion based on facts, use this website frequently and don't care what some guy who runs a wiki thinks because all he ever comes to this forum to do is parrot whatever the devs have told him to say?

Yeah... I can see that opinion is going to go over real well around here...

SGW has about as much chance of be released (now or in two years from now) as Dark and Light has a chance of making a come back. Once you alienate all your customers by stealing from them and then lose all the money you stole fighting lawsuits you just plain aren't going to release a game. Give it up.

Sigh, sadly you make as much sense as Agri; what you call fact is based on your own hate for a company + certain individuals. Quite why you have both got this way when it won't affect your life at all is beyond me.

However in the interest of my own sanity and to help people that actually have valid points/questions, your going on ignore along with your other hate campaignee's.

Fact: Gary owns CME

Fact: Gary owns MMOGULS

Fact: There are multiple lawsuits being filed aginst Gary, MMOGULS and CME.

Fact: Companies which face multiple lawsuits have very little hope of ever earning enough money to release a game.

You can put this entire forum on ignore for all I care. Just quit coming here to spam us with the developer party line while ignoring the facts.