Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures: Rise of the Godslayer Screenshots 2

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

Funcom has released these three new, exclusive screenshots from their upcoming Age of Conan expansion, Rise of the Godslayer

Check out Rise of the Godslayer Screenshots 2.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

cool now get rid of the instancing outside raids and dungeons and you might get back 1/2 your subs.

• Destiny2010Destiny2010 Member UncommonPosts: 327

So you prefer to play around in 1-2 FPS when 4-600 enter your zone?

No thanks! I`ll take a zone with -->50 (or so) and a almost stable FPS around 50-60 anyday! :)

And I`m sure alot others will...

Besides, FCs system exist for a reason I guess, and the zones are vastly larger in RotGs, so maybe more people are allowed in each zone. Most origianl zones were made in 2005-2008, and all new zones are made 2008 and forwars--> Meaning new tech & possibilties!

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I am excited about this expansion. I enjoy the game as it is, not the most fun I have played but I really prefer the art direction in this one. Besides, I really want to get one of those fancy-pants tiger mounts...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• MouthMouth Member Posts: 113

Very much looking forward to this one!

• ShariShari Member UncommonPosts: 746

I don't play AOC (only ever played the trial), however I must say this expansion looks awesome. I hope those that play enjoy it:)

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,079

Cept 1 of the guys is wearing pants/boots that look like level 1 material :P

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

*dodges AoC pr scheme*

Cool though, that Funcom sponsors mmorpg.com so nicely.

I lost count of all the exclusives, revisits, re-reviews, dev blogs, closer looks, inside reports and whatnot on this site. All drenched in a nice sauce of shallow AoC banners. "Advertising an existing mmorpg has never costed so much money!" Would be a nice pay-off for their next campaign :)

At least it keeps the mmorpg.com chimney smoking ....

• XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    Originally posted by DarkPony

*dodges AoC pr scheme*
    Cool though, that Funcom sponsors mmorpg.com so nicely.
    I lost count of all the exclusives, revisits, re-reviews, dev blogs, closer looks, inside reports and whatnot on this site. All drenched in a nice sauce of shallow AoC banners. "Advertising an existing mmorpg has never costed so much money!" Would be a nice pay-off for their next campaign :)
    At least it keeps the mmorpg.com chimney smoking ....

Puts on tinfoil hat

• DubhlaithDubhlaith Member Posts: 1,012

I never cease to marvel at how wonderful this game is, and how terrible the community is. Really, it is so bad that it drove me from the game inside of a week, despite my love for the gameplay. But, I suppose I am glad they are continuing to improve.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true — you know it, and they know it." —Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

WTF? No subscription fee?

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

I purposely got myself banned from this game so I wouldn't have any reason to go back to AOC. Mainly due to the bad coding, bugs, crashes, failed promises, half assed content, pvp system is practically pointless other than gear grind and features that disappeared after launch(take a pick). IT took a over a year to get where they are now, and its quite sad. But I harbor no real ill will, I do hope it improves, I'd hate to see what happens when this game falters tot he point they have to close more servers.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880
    Originally posted by Dubhlaith

I never cease to marvel at how wonderful this game is, and how terrible the community is. Really, it is so bad that it drove me from the game inside of a week, despite my love for the gameplay. But, I suppose I am glad they are continuing to improve.

You must of played on a pvp server haha.

• devo5devo5 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Frostbite05

Originally posted by Dubhlaith

You must of played on a pvp server haha.

Yes, the pvp servers are pretty rough. I myself (and a bunch of friends) moved to a PVE server and the community is much better , same game less ganking etc.

I am still amazed that people feel so jaded after the launch. Yes, there were problems. Yes it was rushed, BUT Funcom has come a long way to improve this game and it is finally where it should have been at launch. I was pissed off as everyone else that the game fell down at launch but it has gone through a complete 360 and it is awesome now. Patches are steady, communication is great from Funcom.

Anyone who played at launch and liked the game for what it was should try it again and you will be surprised how good it is now.

• Looks pretty good.

If these are like the screenshots of the original game, you may find that they don't do the game justice. Its one of the few games where I can realy say the the game looks better then the screenshots, and the screenies look great.

• cabral91cabral91 Member Posts: 9

I played AoC for about 10 months after launch, I did like the game but they were getting out of control with all the changes that were happing in the game. As much as i want to go back, i think i will just stay away for now as subs look like they wont increase.

• vundergroundvunderground Member Posts: 1

I can't wait for the expansion! (not an original thing to say but very true). Imho this game spoils you for others so even though there are problems, AoC is the best...by a long way. Need to get the expansion released soon as end content is seriously lacking.