Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bright Shadow - Yet Another Asian Grinder?

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

I saw a little flash ad for the game and was interested in checking out the game. I want to hear from other players in the OB... How is it? Is it another Asian grinder? Is the fun factor there for mature gamers?

Comments

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

On the mature gamers, from what i heard the game was more for little kids. Don't take my word for it though.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Big headed, big eyed, big feet child player characters all wearing exactly the same equipment for which one of the four types you choose. Extremely linear quest system within very small zones that are also very linear in design. Some first person shooters have bigger zones.

Dungeons, if you can call them that, consist of same-sized rooms connected with halls spaced evenly within a rectangular or square grid.  The dungeon graphics consist of either light brown caves or light blue building rooms. The "map" shows hallway connections that don't exist. because the same room layout is used repeatedly and they just change the hallways around a bit for a different 'dungeon'. Your path through the dungeon is linearly controlled by force fields that won't drop until you kill all of the mobs within a section and /maybe/ pull a switch or step on a plate.

Quests start to disappear around level 20 replaced with repeating "Go talk to this guy who says go talk to this guy, who says go talk to this guy, who says "kill 5 slimes" then come back to me so I can tell you to go back and talk to those other guys. You do that all over again and get sent back to the same guy who says "kill 10 slimes...". Ad nauseum. Some monster cards are thrown in that are used to get titles or temporary buffs. And then there's the cash shop.

Edit: I just saw the ad that drew your eye to this game.  There is absolutely nothing in-game that comes close to that ad in any possible way. This game's theme is entirely about children not naked female asian elves that sparkle.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams