Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited: Update One Preview

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com's Jamie Skelton presents this first look at the first update for Dungeons and Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited, which launches today.

Scheduled to release on Wednesday, October 28th, Update One is the first major update To Dungeons and Dragons Online since Eberron Unlimited went live in September. Turbine has shifted away from calling these updates modules to simply referring to them as "updates," in an attempt to help distinguish between software changes and new features. Players will see smaller additions and changes to the game between each major update as well, so that new content can be constantly added to the game rather than spread out over longer spans.

The focus of this update is on high level players, and there are plenty of treats in store. One of these special treats is known as Veteran Status. Earned by characters who have garnered at least 1,000 favor, Veteran status allows players to start new characters who will enter the game at level four and begin their adventures in the Stormreach Marketplace, bypassing many of the early low-level quests - and yes, it is retroactive. Players who have not reached 1,000 favor but would like to purchase this status may do so in the DDO Store. This allows players to bring new custom characters easily into the game, and makes it easier to tinker with new builds, particularly multi-class builds.

Read the Update One Preview.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• TaledonTaledon Member Posts: 1

I downloaded the game three days earlier and tested it a bit. Now this patch comes on.

I try to play but always get an error, that I dont have installed the current version.

No automatic download

No online help

No manual download of the patch at the homepage, but lots of links to the release notes....

Useless timeconsuming "knowledge"-database

So I downloaded the game again, wasting 2 hours.

But thats only the old version. Therefore the same error.

Send with lots of trouble to find a possibility in all desperation a email to the technical support. There it is said, that an answer need normally 1 or 2 week.

Do I need to say more?

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587
    Originally posted by Taledon

I downloaded the game three days earlier and tested it a bit. Now this patch comes on.

I try to play but always get an error, that I dont have installed the current version.

No automatic download

No online help

No manual download of the patch at the homepage, but lots of links to the release notes....

Send with lots of trouble to find a possibility in all desperation a email to the technical support. There it is said, that an answer need normally 1 or 2 week.
    Do I need to say more?

Turbine (with DnD) have hardly had the best track record in support.

But to be fair you can never judge a game on incidents like these...only rage because you can't try out the game (i've been there before).  I suggest you find someone else to help (like a player) and bypass the lame support system they have.

As for the update...sounds good

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• RanyrRanyr Member UncommonPosts: 212

If you run the game through the launcher you should automatically have the update installed. Are you for some reason launching the game from the executable instead of the dndlauncher?

• kevingailykevingaily Member Posts: 113

As a relative newcomer to DDO, I am really enjoying both the game play as well as the direction the game is going. This new epic level will allow old timers to play some of their favorites as level 20s for good loot. Sounds like a good idea to me! :) See ya in game.

• DedthomDedthom Member Posts: 541

No automatic download

No online help

Do I need to say more?

I remember that this same issue would happen on AC, patch cause game to not load. It will be fixed fairly quickly unless things have change at Turbine.

As for DDO now I would still keep trying since it is free to play so you have lost nothing but time. Of course some would say time is money but this is bullshit unless you skipped work to download the game but then you would have to be an idiot to do something like that.

""But Coyote, you could learn! You only prefer keyboard and mouse because that's all you've ever known!" You might say right before you hug a rainforest and walk in sandals to your drum circle where you're trying to raise group consciousness of ladybugs or whatever it is you dirty goddamn hippies do when you're not busy smoking pot and smelling bad."
    Coyote's Howling: Death of the Computer

• BahbusBahbus Member Posts: 42

No automatic download

No online help

Do I need to say more?

Are you running Windows Vista? or Windows 7? If so, try running the launcher as an administrator.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955

I love the way players who were not keen on a F2P invasion were painted as some sort of immigrant hater. Yes I am sure all those who had concerns spend their free time at airports with ‘immigrants go home’ signs. What nonsense, flooding the player base for any reason causes issues, these people are not being bigoted, but Mr Skelton is being sensationalist.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Originally posted by Scot

I love the way players who were not keen on a F2P invasion were painted as some sort of immigrant hater. Yes I am sure all those who had concerns spend their free time at airports with ‘immigrants go home’ signs. What nonsense, flooding the player base for any reason causes issues, these people are not being bigoted, but Mr Skelton is being sensationalist.

I dont think immigrants who fly in on planes are exactly what immigrant-haters have in mind while they are conspiring against immigration.  :-D

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• MathosMathos Member Posts: 897

I kinda like DDO

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

No online help

for what its worth

DDO Tech support forums

forums.ddo.com/forumdisplay.php