Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Uninstalling beta

zorranzorran southportPosts: 2Member
Can anyone tell me how to remove the wish beta from my HDD ? apart from formatting

Tagged:

Comments

• SithosSithos Sault Ste. Marie, ONPosts: 307Member Uncommon

Goto the add/remove programs option in your Control Panel. Thats how I did mine. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs...find Wish and click Change/Remove(WinXP) and then select the remove option when it pops up.

If your running something other than XP well then I don't remember other than Start->Settings->Control Panel

• zorranzorran southportPosts: 2Member
    yes i tryed the add remove program but its still on my HDD , i know its there when i format my drive , ive used search to try to actually locate it , its in documentsinternet files ***** , might not be exact but its there , just cant find anyway to remove it , its 1GB in size

• dsorrentdsorrent Greenville, SCPosts: 1,627Member Common

Originally posted by zorran
    yes i tryed the add remove program but its still on my HDD , i know its there when i format my drive , ive used search to try to actually locate it , its in documentsinternet files ***** , might not be exact but its there , just cant find anyway to remove it , its 1GB in size

What happens when you try to delete it?

Fact: In the United States, 4% of all children are born with a heart defect.
    Fact: Only 1% of those has Ebstein's Anomaly.
    Fact: My daughter is in that 1%.
  • zimquatszimquats Small Town, BCPosts: 301Member

Originally posted by zorran

That file sounds like the zip install file that you downloaded from Fileplanet, or where ever.  Just Right click the file and delete it.

• GilGadalGilGadal VictoriaPosts: 29Member

I still can't bring my self to uninstall Lol...still have logo as background LoL

Man I am so pathetic!!

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

Yeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.

Originally posted by zimquats
    Yeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.image

If you are playing Mourning, why do you care about Wish?

::::02::

• ShumpShump Nanticoke, PAPosts: 116Member

lol i am keeping wish destop wallpaper and i dont no when i well uninstall it hope it dont cause a problem

Originally posted by dsorrent

Yeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.

If you are playing Mourning, why do you care about Wish?

::::02::

I never said I was playing mourning, I said that I was still in mourning.

6 entries found for mourning.

1. To feel or express grief or sorrow. 
    2. To show grief for a death by conventional signs, as by wearing black clothes.
    3. To make a low, indistinct, mournful sound. Used especially of a dove.

v. tr.

1. To feel or express deep regret for: mourned the wasted years.
    2. To grieve over (someone who has died).
    3. To utter sorrowfully.

Originally posted by dsorrent Originally posted by zimquatsYeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.
    If you are playing Mourning, why do you care about Wish?I never said I was playing mourning, I said that I was still in mourning.
    6 entries found for mourning.To feel or express grief or sorrow.
    To show grief for a death by conventional signs, as by wearing black clothes.
    [*]To make a low, indistinct, mournful sound. Used especially of a dove. v. tr. To feel or express deep regret for: mourned the wasted years.
    To grieve over (someone who has died).
    [*]To utter sorrowfully. image

Lighten up dude.. it was obviously a joke.. a play on words?

::::12::

Whatddya mean lighten up. I somoke doobies all day.  I just cut and past from dictionary.com.  I guess I should have used the word greaving.  I can understand the confusion perhaps, but it was not intended.

• utopianhvnutopianhvn Dallas, TXPosts: 7Member

Originally posted by Shump

lol i am keeping wish destop wallpaper and i dont no when i well uninstall it hope it dont cause a problem

Uninstall in all InstallShield and, other than takes a bit of time, goes smoothly and leaves no footprints (registery, file structure, etc). As much as I didn't want to uninsall it, it's over 3 GB of stuff I'll never get to use agian. (And another 1.1 GB if you have the FP installer still around.)
  • OrccOrcc ,, ONPosts: 3,043Member

Whatddya mean lighten up. I somoke doobies all day. I just cut and past from dictionary.com. I guess I should have used the word greaving. I can understand the confusion perhaps, but it was not intended.image

Yes of course, just like many many CS players, we all smoke doobies all day. I smoke doobies for breakfast, lunch and dinner, then I smoke some for snacks.

Seriously, even though the chances are extremly slim you do, no one really cares. ::::12::