Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Requiem: Memento Mori Completely changes the game

2»

Comments

• yigaelyigael Member Posts: 42

The jury will ignore the previous post...

AHEM

I can testify that the new UI is great!!! I had the chance of running the old version before the patch, so the changes are way for the better!!!!

Just been able to get my skills and dna as I level and not running to town to find an NPC to get them is neat!!! I really miss rake nail been buffed up to lvl 30 or 40 cant recall exactly, but as a  compensation, with the dna points now i have my Blood Arrow at lvl 5 plus the Illusion is available at a lower level.

I havent even dabbled into reinforcing/enchanting, will do at lvl 25, right now Im 23

So far, the game is going in the right direction!!!

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

There were a few mistakes made with the update.  However overall it was a positive change.

(1) Old gear remains with the same stats.  Only you can now reinforce them making them overpowered.  However, these equipment will slowly be faded out due to the higher chance to lose these items in reinforcement, and the higher level cap.

(2) Level 46~53 Alban quests have pretty much been removed and not properly replaced.  The levels of the monsters in South Hammerine Woods has been adjusted for this range, but the quests have not.  So when you get to 53 you will find yourself killing off weakling mobs.

(3) Cash shop and premium on Valdes improperly working.  Premium benefits are still improperly functioning.

(4) Possession Beasts closed off.  Most likely will be readded in the next update along with the 2 new beasts.

I don't really think you can question the benefit of the smaller SvS battles split up into several rooms, and the new themed battles.  Also the class balance is significantly better now.

From the looks of the update.  Not everything included in Requiem:Alive was implemented.  I am betting on them splitting the updates from now on with 3 month iterations between updates instead of 6 month iterations.  I think they saw pretty clearly what a 6 month cycle did to the player base.  I don't see how a company could think it would be wise to continue to use a 6 month update cycle.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

I still think the best part of this game are the NPC's that say "YAO!" when you talk to them. Been a year since I herd it and I still laugh. 

• Overlord-666Overlord-666 Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Calintz333

I still think the best part of this game are the NPC's that say "YAO!" when you talk to them. Been a year since I herd it and I still laugh. 

Yea that's some funny shit. But I mostly play with the sound  off so I'm missing it now :o

I thought it was "O Shit Power"

LARGE update tonight.  Skills and Equipment are being balanced.  Quests are being placed at their proper levels. EXP is also going up, like way up in some cases.  Chaste Sanctum monsters give 100k exp with a 3 person party.  The exp on them is going up 10 fold...

Nevermind, it could be that the exp was already applied since its already so high.

• ruud666ruud666 Member Posts: 22

lookls like some player shocked with some change on game's system....... :)

Its not really worth it to play 65+.  I would stick to level 64, and play in that tier battlegrounds.  The grind beyond 65 is horrendous.  10k monsters per level with several k more added each level beyond 65.  Also end-game raiding has become not worth it.  Although the gear is nice.  It takes an hour or longer to kill 1 boss.  The boss only drops 2 items and a handful of lant.

• LidaleLidale Member Posts: 88

My problem with this game wasn't its gameplay, it was actually quite a bit of fun.  My problem was mixing cash shop and subscription based services which makes the game more expensive than what it should be(I don't like playing gimped, but not willing to spend on cash shop on top of subscription.)

Another negative is attack of the spam farmer bots.  Seriously I think gold spammers are trolling us with the rate at which they spam.

• RawluRawlu Member Posts: 7

Recently I decided to try a few F2P MMOs for a change,my main MMO for last almost ten years has been EQ1 & recently AOC. I 'TRIED' a few including RunesofMagic,DDO,atlantica,Soul of the Ultimate Nation,Cabal,Rappelz,Jade Dynasty,Chronicles of Spellborn,Torchlight,maybe some others. RuneScapes graphics looked too crappy for me & Perfect World International looked to goofy/kidish.

Now I emphasize "tried" because of all the games I mention but 3 I was unable to play due to either/or patching problem,launcher problems,&/or in-game problems,that were serious enough to keep me from entering the games let alone play them,all of them contacting customer service,checking for fixes on forums,trying my best to PLAY !. with little to no avail. :-(

That brings me to Requiem: Memento Mori. along with RoM,atlantica & torchlight,Requiem: Memento Mori gave me ZERO PROBLEM from the download,to the patching process,to getting into the game & playing. in fact I was so impressed with this FREE??? MMO that I felt compelled to write this post.

I've only played it too lv20ish so far but the whole time I kept thinking to myself,how can they do this for free??? LOL!. now its no EQ1 killer or WOW killer etc ok? but man it runs SMOOTH AS A BABIES ARSE for a FREE game!. VERY IMPRESSED for a FREE game. I was impressed so much so that I subscribed to the BASIC monthly package to SUPPORT this game & its future,if they can do this well for free I'd love to see what the future holds for Gravity Interactive,seriously.

Well worth a try IMO. Thanks.

• RawluRawlu Member Posts: 7
    Originally posted by Lidale

My problem with this game wasn't its gameplay, it was actually quite a bit of fun.  My problem was mixing cash shop and subscription based services which makes the game more expensive than what it should be(I don't like playing gimped, but not willing to spend on cash shop on top of subscription.)

Another negative is attack of the spam farmer bots.  Seriously I think gold spammers are trolling us with the rate at which they spam.

"Another negative is attack of the spam farmer bots."

Thats strange because I seen ZERO spam in R:MM?,the only one I noticed that BS in was Jade Dynasty think it was.

There used to be a lot of spam bots in Kurt when the update happened and continued for some weeks.  They are all gone now either through lack of revenue of GM intervention.  I actually think its hard for bot spammers in Requiem.  Beyond Kurt they get banned so fast, and they can't region chat.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I recently started on Hammerine. Who else plays this game?

• KnightcryKnightcry Member Posts: 168

I started recent and am loving it. Hammerine is the only way if you enjoy pvp. It would be nice to see this game get some more love from the developers and get some more fanbase. 

-Edit- I haven't seen any advertisement for gold at all. One of the better communities in an mmo as well imo.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Knightcry

I started recent and am loving it. Hammerine is the only way if you enjoy pvp. It would be nice to see this game get some more love from the developers and get some more fanbase. 

-Edit- I haven't seen any advertisement for gold at all. One of the better communities in an mmo as well imo.

I agree totally. This is the best FTP game out for sure. I have a 25 Turan Templar ign Korvenus and a 23 Turan Defender ign Corvenus. What do you play?

I am an orc at heart and liked my warcrier/shaman in L2 so I rolled a Bartuk shaman(lvl 40).

Once you reach end-game you will discover this games shortfalls.  Right now its only missing 2 features that were apart of its original design goals.  Possession Beasts and Living NPCs.  Possession Beasts should be re-implemented soon.

Free to play tend to have major shortfalls in the end game and if it were different they probably wouldn't be free to play. I came in expecting a ton less as I've seen what else the mmo genre has to offer(which isnt much) and so far so good.  Sadly there is only a handful left to try so if this game ends up dying or getting old for my taste, I will be left to MAG or cod6.

• Mar-TMar-T Member Posts: 2

My friend and I have been playing this for about a week now and this is definitely by far the best F2P game out.  Definitely keeps me entertained.  I do wish the items had more variety.  More of like an old school Diablo 2 style of items.  That would have been awesome.  But other than the items, I really enjoy the gameplay and what the game has to offer.  The quests are kind of grindy, but the monsters are great looking and the AI is great.  The monsters are actually a challenge in this game.  Would have also been sweet if they had a Perma-death option though. =)

• l3ossm4nl3ossm4n Member Posts: 10

Man requiem sucks now, ever since that new version came out its horrible getting rid of skills from classes, its bs, i just dont think the designers know what " if its not broken dont fix it" means

>.> It was broken.  The class imbalances were even worse before the update.  Simplifying and categorizing is the easiest way to approach class balance.

After a bit of playing I think the worst part about the game is who runs it and i think the players are starting to know this. The first few days I played I saw maybe one questionable name but that has changed. It seems every other character you see is named cunt, ass, fuck(er), and other "haha on the schoolyard" words.  I love to swear as much at the next redneck or hillbilly but who the hell names a characters named "fuckass"? Hey there is "cunttrooper" and "vagnrape", great community builders I could imagine.

They can't do anything about the names.  Its M-Rated, there is no curse filter and inappropriate names are valid.  Bartuk women don't even wear bras.  Some monsters have exposed private parts.

Originally posted by Cleffy

They can't do anything about the names.  Its M-Rated, there is no curse filter and inappropriate names are valid.  Bartuk women don't even wear bras.  Some monsters have exposed private parts.

They can do something as they reserved the right in the TOS/EULA. www.playrequiem.com/support/gamePolicy.aspx Just because it is rated M doesn't mean you can do what you want. Sad thing is these kids that arent even old enough to be playing this seem to be the ones causing the issues.