Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: The Fire Temple

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Aion Correspondent Josh Price writes this look at the Fire Temple dungeon in NCsoft's newest release, Aion.

As you and your Asmodian wings approach the level 30 milestone, a new quest will pop up in your journal: [Group] The Three Keys. This little gem, once completed, will grant you access to the Fire Temple. This instance, in western Mt. Musphel near the Sky Temple of Arkanis, is sort of misleadingly named, as it has more in common with a hole in the ground (commonly referred to as cave) than it does with a temple. Although, there are some ruins strewn about the place which would lead one to believe it may at some point in its history been a temple. Now, though, it is home to fiery fire elementals, rocky rock elementals, gargy gargoyles, and one sexy lady by the name of Kromede.

Read The Fire Temple.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• TacBoyTacBoy Member UncommonPosts: 142

A good informative review of the instance and for Aion players a good bit of knowledge I'm sure.

For me though what I read is that even 1 month into release and before you get to level cap prepare to gind a bland instance with random spawns in hope of a good random drop and hope you win the roll. And to top it off, because everyone is grinding it for the drop, don't hope to actually see all of it or do all the quests.

I'm not a hater or a flamer, but I have to say, I'm glad I cancelled my subscription at 20.

• Toquio3Toquio3 Member Posts: 1,074
    Originally posted by TacBoy

A good informative review of the instance and for Aion players a good bit of knowledge I'm sure.
    For me though what I read is that even 1 month into release and before you get to level cap prepare to gind a bland instance with random spawns in hope of a good random drop and hope you win the roll. And to top it off, because everyone is grinding it for the drop, don't hope to actually see all of it or do all the quests.
    I'm not a hater or a flamer, but I have to say, I'm glad I cancelled my subscription at 20.

Grind bland instances for drops? Boy are you gonna have a hard time in this genre...

If you stand VERY still, and close your eyes, after a minute you can actually FEEL the universe revolving around PvP.

Originally posted by Toquio3

Grind bland instances for drops? Boy are you gonna have a hard time in this genre...

Actually, I've done quite fine, thank you. It's all in what you want and your approach. LoTRo, WoW, Ryzom, Fallen Earth and a handfull of others I enjoy.

Yes, they have grind in them but you can avoid that. There is nothing that says I need to be an raider with the best gear. I don't feel the need to compare e-peens.

But the difficulty comes in when someone says to not even expect to see the content if you get a group. Although ultimately what caused me to quit was everyone LFG'ing for grind groups. I knew that the grind was inevitable at that point. I'm happy for those that don't mind it, but it's not my type of game.

But for the idea that you HAVE to grind in every game? Don't believe the hype.

• mmaizemmaize Member Posts: 274

Actually, I've done quite fine, thank you. It's all in what you want and your approach. LoTRo, WoW, Ryzom, Fallen Earth and a handfull of others I enjoy.

Yes, they have grind in them but you can avoid that. There is nothing that says I need to be an raider with the best gear. I don't feel the need to compare e-peens.

But the difficulty comes in when someone says to not even expect to see the content if you get a group. Although ultimately what caused me to quit was everyone LFG'ing for grind groups. I knew that the grind was inevitable at that point. I'm happy for those that don't mind it, but it's not my type of game.

You're doing the exact same thing in WoW.  Grinding for gear/exp and not only that but you're doing nothing that contributes to anything whatsoever that has an effect on the entire point or story line surrounding the world.

Originally posted by mmaize

You're doing the exact same thing in WoW.  Grinding for gear/exp and not only that but you're doing nothing that contributes to anything whatsoever that has an effect on the entire point or story line surrounding the world.

This is where we could get into a long drawn-out debate as to the definition of grind. However, I shall not as it is old ground and instead say... I'm quite fine with the games I choose to play. Thanks.

• Markn12Markn12 Member Posts: 222

This article is right on all except Silver Blade Rotan.  He is always up he doesnt always path the same area but one way or another he is up 100% of the time.  Ive done over 100 runs and he  was up every time.  If hes not roaming after the first big room then hes near Sipus roaming up to the left and to the right but no matter what he will roam on your path to the main boss if you give him time.    Also he does not share aggro with any other mob in the instance so you can pull him even if hes next to 15 mobs and only get him.    

The other boss's are easy to see if they are up without going to them just look at your map radar thing in the bottom right.    Lava is the only other named in the instance besides Kromede that i have ever seen drop a gold item and so have other people.