Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uninstalling beta

zorranzorran Member Posts: 2
Can anyone tell me how to remove the wish beta from my HDD ? apart from formatting

Comments

• SithosSithos Member UncommonPosts: 315

Goto the add/remove programs option in your Control Panel. Thats how I did mine. Start->Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs...find Wish and click Change/Remove(WinXP) and then select the remove option when it pops up.

If your running something other than XP well then I don't remember other than Start->Settings->Control Panel

• zorranzorran Member Posts: 2
    yes i tryed the add remove program but its still on my HDD , i know its there when i format my drive , ive used search to try to actually locate it , its in documentsinternet files ***** , might not be exact but its there , just cant find anyway to remove it , its 1GB in size

• dsorrentdsorrent Member CommonPosts: 1,627

Originally posted by zorran
    yes i tryed the add remove program but its still on my HDD , i know its there when i format my drive , ive used search to try to actually locate it , its in documentsinternet files ***** , might not be exact but its there , just cant find anyway to remove it , its 1GB in size

What happens when you try to delete it?

• zimquatszimquats Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by zorran

That file sounds like the zip install file that you downloaded from Fileplanet, or where ever.  Just Right click the file and delete it.

• GilGadalGilGadal Member Posts: 29

I still can't bring my self to uninstall Lol...still have logo as background LoL

Man I am so pathetic!!

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

ChK ';..;' Gil ';..;' ChK
    Leader of the Crimson Hell Knights
    www.crimsonhellknights.tk

Yeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.

Originally posted by zimquats
    Yeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.image

If you are playing Mourning, why do you care about Wish?

::::02::

• ShumpShump Member Posts: 116

lol i am keeping wish destop wallpaper and i dont no when i well uninstall it hope it dont cause a problem

Originally posted by dsorrent

Yeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.

If you are playing Mourning, why do you care about Wish?

::::02::

I never said I was playing mourning, I said that I was still in mourning.

6 entries found for mourning.

1. To feel or express grief or sorrow. 
    2. To show grief for a death by conventional signs, as by wearing black clothes.
    3. To make a low, indistinct, mournful sound. Used especially of a dove.

v. tr.

1. To feel or express deep regret for: mourned the wasted years.
    2. To grieve over (someone who has died).
    3. To utter sorrowfully.

Originally posted by dsorrent Originally posted by zimquatsYeah, I have a wish background too and Wish is still installed... im still in mourning.
    If you are playing Mourning, why do you care about Wish?I never said I was playing mourning, I said that I was still in mourning.
    6 entries found for mourning.To feel or express grief or sorrow.
    To show grief for a death by conventional signs, as by wearing black clothes.
    [*]To make a low, indistinct, mournful sound. Used especially of a dove. v. tr. To feel or express deep regret for: mourned the wasted years.
    To grieve over (someone who has died).
    [*]To utter sorrowfully. image

Lighten up dude.. it was obviously a joke.. a play on words?

::::12::

Whatddya mean lighten up. I somoke doobies all day.  I just cut and past from dictionary.com.  I guess I should have used the word greaving.  I can understand the confusion perhaps, but it was not intended.

• utopianhvnutopianhvn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7

Originally posted by Shump

lol i am keeping wish destop wallpaper and i dont no when i well uninstall it hope it dont cause a problem

Uninstall in all InstallShield and, other than takes a bit of time, goes smoothly and leaves no footprints (registery, file structure, etc). As much as I didn't want to uninsall it, it's over 3 GB of stuff I'll never get to use agian. (And another 1.1 GB if you have the FP installer still around.)
  • OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

Whatddya mean lighten up. I somoke doobies all day. I just cut and past from dictionary.com. I guess I should have used the word greaving. I can understand the confusion perhaps, but it was not intended.image

Yes of course, just like many many CS players, we all smoke doobies all day. I smoke doobies for breakfast, lunch and dinner, then I smoke some for snacks.

Seriously, even though the chances are extremly slim you do, no one really cares. ::::12::