Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sad but CoV has more bugs than all other games togheter.

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

i have never played any other game with some many bugs, Powers simply dont work or if you use them corrupt your character.

Pets are all broken, their AI is horrible, either they dont attack at all or they do mess up whole teams and missions.

So many powers arent doing what their describtion text says its a pain to play this game. Never mind if Rage crashs or whatever.

Pets AI is the worst i have ever seen in any mmorpg, they dont cycle through their powers, they often simply do nothing.

If someone loves Pets or classes with Pets avoid to play a pet class in this game, you will be dissapointed.

Upgrade powers for Pets, corrupts the pets and makes them useless like the Robot MM Level  32 Upgrade for pets, use it and watch your protector bots get stuck and useless.

Play a Plant dominator to level 32 and get your pet, all you get is a Pet that stands there doing nothing. Its so dissapointing that i have to warn new players from PETs in this game, if PETs are the reason you want to play CoV then please dont do it you will regret it.

Play a Corrupter, play a Brute play what you want but expect broken powers especially the Key powers that you play so hard for. All the crap powers work in this game but the most importand ones are mostly bugged.

Cone Attacks are bugged to hell, their angles are never hitting mobs, you have to make a circle around a group of mobs to hit with a Cone Attack, makes no sense at all.   

This game is great dont get me wrong but dont expect to much when it comes to Quality, the Testserver seems to be useless because NCSoft is releasing patches that can break whole classes or make them weaker, if you then ask for a fix you have to wait month or years until they do something.

Well i am no native english speaker and theres alot more to complain about the Developer team, but its not easy for me to find the right words.

With a better Developer team this game could be the best game on this planet, but NCSoft is creeping behind other companies, their updates and patches are mostly boring or breaking working stuff.

Sometimes i wish, Blizzard would lead the development of City of XXXXX

(no native English)

Comments

• DeathTrippDeathTripp Member UncommonPosts: 263

Apparently you've never played Star Wars Galaxies. hahaha

-----------------------------
    Real as Reality Television!!!

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

I'm curious, what are all of these broken powers you speak of?

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353
    Originally posted by Darkness690

Ditto. Other than some cone powers not lining up like I think they should, I haven't noticed any bugged powers.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• X-PorterX-Porter Member Posts: 229

Wow.

In all the time I've been playing CoH/CoV I've never seen that many problems. Judging by my personal experience, I'd say the original post is mostly BS.

Sure, pet AI is annoying sometimes, but not nearly so bad as the OP makes it out to be. Cone powers hit just fine if you know how to line up a decent shot, and I've never had a "broken power corrupt my character". Whatever that means.

Saying this game has "more bugs than all other games together" is obvious hyperbole. Go skim thru the Darkfail forums if you think you've got it rough.

• minagominago Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by themilton

Originally posted by Darkness690

Ditto. Other than some cone powers not lining up like I think they should, I haven't noticed any bugged powers.

same never had a problem powerwise

• DeathstinyDeathstiny Member Posts: 386

I recommend the OP play some Darkfall to gain some perspective

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Imagine someone who has never played this game and has wanted too reading this nonsense.

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

The pet / minion AI is awful but other than that I always felt the game runs very smoothly.

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor

• themiltonthemilton Member Posts: 353

Well, there are those random NPCs that walk through walls and in the air sometimes (notably in City Hall). Guess that could technically be a bug.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.

• EbonheartEbonheart Member Posts: 138

We must be playing two totally different games.

• pussaykatpussaykat Member Posts: 791

I'm sorry this game is too frustrating and or complex for someone your age. Best of lucks in a more suitable game.

-Would you like cheddar or swiss cheese?
    -Yes.

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

CoH is one of the most bug free games I have played.

I only played one pet class.  The pets for that class were very aggressive.  They would  attack anything in their aggro range.  This could become quite dangerous but fast paced and a lot of fun when they killed one mob, then moved onto next closest mob untill they eventually aggroed the whole room.  Pet behaviour was a bit different from some MMO's I played, but I do not think it was particularlry worse or better than other games.

I still have fond memories of buffed druid pets that broke charm and killed whole raids in EQ.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313
    Originally posted by Portland

i have never played any other game with some many bugs, Powers simply dont work or if you use them corrupt your character.
     Pets are all broken, their AI is horrible, either they dont attack at all or they do mess up whole teams and missions.
    So many powers arent doing what their describtion text says its a pain to play this game. Never mind if Rage crashs or whatever.
    Pets AI is the worst i have ever seen in any mmorpg, they dont cycle through their powers, they often simply do nothing.

I have some issues with CoV and frankly I prefer CoH but I have never seen *any* of the problems you mentioned. I've never come across a power that didn't work and they've certainly never caused any corruption of any kind.

I got my MM to lvl 50 long before you posted your message and had NO problems at all getting the pets to do exactly what I wanted them to do. I still play that MM by the way and still haven't seen those problems.

I'm not sure what game you've been playing but it obviously wasn't the same City of Villians that  I was on...are you certain that you posted in the right forum?

• GrumpyJesterGrumpyJester Member Posts: 96

What nonsense. CoV might have flaws, but  "lots of bugs" isn't one of them.

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I never noticed many bugs when I played CoH.  It was a mature and polished game.

Pet behaviour was different from what I was used to in some other MMO's.  I never noticed them bugging out and doing nothing.  However, the pets were aggressive and would tear apart one group a mobs and move on to another set of mobs before the first group was all dead.  This could chain onto a large number of monsters and end badly.  However, on the fun side, because the pets set the pace, the action was by necessity fast paced.  Some of my best memories from CoH were of fast fights chasing after my berserk pets.

• rodney28021rodney28021 Member UncommonPosts: 14

COH / COV is alot better than the other cheaper MMORPGs.  Bugs get corrected in a timely fashion and there have been plenty of updates.  Pets in COX are supposed to be directed not let go on a rampage, since they are very aggressive if u let them be.  the Mastermind class using its pets is very solo-able and usefull in groups too.  I played every mastermind and had no problems that could not be handled with a little redirection.  I have more problems with the AI henchmen in Guild Wars.

• ozrialozrial Member Posts: 50

I tried to read this OP objectively, really I did.... but then I skimmed to the end and read the last sentence, and it really says it all... Glad I didn't waste the 30 seconds of my life I would have....

• FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

I must be playing a different version of COV as I don't have these problems.

• aaronmanzeroaaronmanzero Member Posts: 75

most games are buggy and they get fixed, the only main problem with coh or cov is their mapserver errors. I dont like WoW but I think blizzard is probably the best at fixing all errors. ncsoft is probably in the top 5 on taking care of problems though.  as for your pets and your character you need to leanr how to play it its not that hard to keep from agroing mobs if you learn your charater.

• glim3merglim3mer Member UncommonPosts: 154

Very wrong of you (OP) to wish Blizzard would run CoX... very wrong of you! I played a mastermind in CoV as well as a hunter and warlock to 80 in wow. Trust me when I say, pets in wow have had their issues for a LONG time. Pathing problems all sorts. Even to this day, Death Knight ghoul gets stuck when you summon him sometimes, and this also happens in one or two of the pvp arena's which is the worst place to have this happen to you as a DK.

Long story short.... when it comes to pets, Blizzard isn't the answer. And besides, I haven't experienced the problems you speak of, to the extent you describe in CoV during my stay there. So....