Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Golf fan saying hello

nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Well, I'm a real life golf fan. I'm terrible at it, but I have lots of fun playing anyways. I love the Tiger Woods games, but I haven't bought one in years. I guess I prefer adventure games. Anyhow, I'm bored and have always had an eye on Shot Online since I first heard about it long ago. I'm downloading the game right now and my optimism is rising after reading these forums.

I'm 28 years old, and maturity is an issue I have with MMORPG communities these days. Knowing that the community is mostly mature in Shot Online is encouraging. I'm not really in a rush to level up, but I do like to compete. However, I get the most fun out of just playing a course and watching myself get better over time. Rankings and winning will come with time, so I'm not so worried about it.

The whole cash shop thing worries me though, because a previous poster said you'll suck always if you don't buy stuff off the shop. If that's the case, then  won't stick with the game long. However, if that poster is wrong and the game measures success based on skill, it's a game I might love.

Comments

• kriebloodkrieblood Member Posts: 223
    Originally posted by nate1980

Well, I'm a real life golf fan. I'm terrible at it, but I have lots of fun playing anyways. I love the Tiger Woods games, but I haven't bought one in years. I guess I prefer adventure games. Anyhow, I'm bored and have always had an eye on Shot Online since I first heard about it long ago. I'm downloading the game right now and my optimism is rising after reading these forums.
    I'm 28 years old, and maturity is an issue I have with MMORPG communities these days. Knowing that the community is mostly mature in Shot Online is encouraging. I'm not really in a rush to level up, but I do like to compete. However, I get the most fun out of just playing a course and watching myself get better over time. Rankings and winning will come with time, so I'm not so worried about it.
    The whole cash shop thing worries me though, because a previous poster said you'll suck always if you don't buy stuff off the shop. If that's the case, then  won't stick with the game long. However, if that poster is wrong and the game measures success based on skill, it's a game I might love.

There are only 2 things that you can completely suck at and still have a wonderful time those 2 things are.

Sex, and Golf

Mortal Online/EarthRise/Project V13
    TheVindicators.com

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Okay, I played my first 18 holes. I suck just as much ingame as I do in real life, lol. Except I'm better in game. I scored 106(+36).

The actuall golfing is fun, but I don't like the movement in town, or that I couldn't create my own character, I just named a preexisting one. Gonna stick with the game though, it's fun. I don't know how to spin the ball though.

• EnkkiEnkki Member Posts: 2

I don't ever post much on this forum (as you can see) but it's good to see someone else has played "shot online" because I just love that game. I like online fantasy games (ie: WOW or similar) more but Shot Online is pretty fun and very addictive once you get the hang of it. I've only been playing for a few days but from what I've seen so far I really like. 

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063

Yeah, I got an online friend of mine to try the game out. He's sick of the current MMORPG's as well. He loves Shot Online and is addicted to it now. It really is an underrated and under-appreciated game.