Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight: New Screenshots

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The team from Torchlight has provided us with these five new screenshots from their upcoming game.

Check out the four other new screens, here.

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• eosyneeosyne Member UncommonPosts: 392

Everywhere I read says Diablo 3 all over it.

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by jackeccs

Doesn't look like D3 to me.

I'm looking forward to D3 and this game, though.

I liked Diablo 1&2. And I liked Mytho's.

I like the consumable dungeon maps you could find in Mythos. I thought it was a cool idea.

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348
    Originally posted by Lustmord

Originally posted by jackeccs

Doesn't look like D3 to me.

I'm looking forward to D3 and this game, though.

I liked Diablo 1&2. And I liked Mytho's.

I like the consumable dungeon maps you could find in Mythos. I thought it was a cool idea.

Same thoughts as Lustmord here.

Not really looking much into this game, probably just going to notice its released one day and try it out and hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

• MrbloodworthMrbloodworth Member Posts: 5,615

the game that will launch first as a single player game and then move into the realm of MMORPG.....

When was this said? I havent read anything about that. link please :)
    I would love to know how that's going to work, when they have an editor...

EDIT:

Runic plans to release an MMORPG set in the Torchlight game world 18 months to two years after the release of the single player game. The MMO will be a separate game, but will share similar action RPG gameplay and some art assets with the single player game. The MMO will feature some different game mechanics and a wider variety of environments, including a shared "over-world."[13][23][24] Runic has entered into a partnership with Chinese online game developer and operator Perfect World Co., Ltd. to publish the MMO worldwide.[5]

That sounds to be a different game set in the world, not this game transformed to a MMO.

----------
    "Anyone posting on this forum is not an average user, and there for any opinions about the game are going to be overly critical compared to an average users opinions." - Me

"No, your wrong.." - Random user #123

"Hello person posting on a site specifically for MMO's in a thread on a sub forum specifically for a particular game talking about meta features and making comparisons to other titles in the genre, and their meta features.

How are you?" -Me

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I'll definitely be buying this and its a good free time filler until Diablo 3 gets here. Also I can't wait for their mmo as well. If people want to make comparisons to Diablo 3 thats fine because these are the actual people who made Diablo what it is today. Not the ones we see at Blizzard now.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

This is a singleplayer game, not an mmorpg.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

I'll wait for the demo first and yes like gameloading said this is single player the online version will take more time to release as far as I know they are going to see how well their single player will do before continuing the online version.

The online version will be downloadable but dunno if it will be free to download.

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190
    Originally posted by Gameloading

It's starting out as a single player game, but will be upgraded to online mutiplayer a year later.

• RipclawRipclaw Member UncommonPosts: 190

I'm looking forward to Torchlight.

While not getting my hopes up too high for it just yet, I am wishing it could be a nice dungeon dwelling game to hold me over until D3 finally comes out.

That is, when I finally get burnt out on Dragon Age. ;)

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Originally posted by Ripclaw

It's starting out as a single player game, but will be upgraded to online mutiplayer a year later.

From what I understand, they are developing a singleplayer game. After that, they will develop a new mmorpg game based on Torchlight.

• LongswdLongswd Member Posts: 155

From what I understand, they are developing a singleplayer game. After that, they will develop a new mmorpg game based on Torchlight.

That is correct and a point I have unsuccessfully been trying to get across to the staff here. I've given up. They apparently have some motive for listing the game here.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

lol this is Fate