Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FE Self Sufficient Solo?

marks4902marks4902 Member Posts: 133

i recently realised that making a healing dedicated class is almost pointless atm but i also know that i have little to no time during the work week to play thus less time to group.. i was thinking of making a crafting solo character that could basically just be more survival and hold his own and pve and just make it out alive in the pvp.. i cant decide if i should go melee or rifle or pistol for this bc i only want to go one way and i dont know what faction would be best for this ... recommendations are much appreciated in advance

Comments

• marks4902marks4902 Member Posts: 133

also what tradeskills would be best for being self sufficient and what would be the best money maker 

• blakavarblakavar Member Posts: 304
    Originally posted by marks4902

also what tradeskills would be best for being self sufficient and what would be the best money maker 

Bullets,Beer and gasoline makes FE go. Consumables, food items, bullets and gas. Even though I can make bullets and gas I'm always in the market for more and buy extra. Medicine as well. 

Anything can make you money if your clever. Even strippers, yup a few folks will dance in thier undies for tips in larger towns and make cash.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

FE is a solo game on most of the things (i dint group once) tradeskills dont require to sped AP on them just to buy the books, money maker can be food and ballistics(ammo) you cant really make money from crafting all ppl craft so many items price go under material value because ppl just want to get some money back and skill up  

BestSigEver :P

ok ... so ummm i dunno now lol i still cant choose if i wanna go pistols or melee or rifle i mean pistols seem like they would get expensive... melee seems incredibly limited bc im really not into swords and rifles seem like everyone else does that especially sniper rifles and as far as a tradeskill i cant choose as well but i just want to do a tradeskill bc it will give me more to do ingame usually thats my favorite part of a game

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133

Faction doesn't matter (within the context of your question). Pick one whose background you like and go with it.

Edit: Oh, and again, you won't be picking faction until after level 18, and the missions in S1 that you'll be doing give information about each faction so that you can learn which you like best. And based on your play schedule you mentioned above, it'll be a while before you need to worry about faction.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

what faction and play style best makes a redneck character like hunter lol i think id like something like that

Faction page on official site.

Probably Vistas. But you really should read them all yourself.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• Dis_OrdurDis_Ordur Member Posts: 1,501
    Originally posted by blakavar

Anything can make you money if your clever. Even strippers, yup a few folks will dance in thier undies for tips in larger towns and make cash.

And this is the main reason I love FE...  LOL!

I will wager that there has already been plenty of "Cybering" going on since launch.  Did anyone see some of the hilarious Cyber sessions posted from SWG way back in the day?

Cybering is not my thing, and a bit weird, but it goes to show that there is a social mechanic in FE that is missing is many other MMO's.

so is it possible to be  a self sufficient healer/melee class with crafting?

• AlanakoAlanako Member Posts: 188

you are going to be a crafter pick pistol or rifle (they use perception, i think), melee will need you to invest in another stat (str).

so is it possible to be  a self sufficient healer/melee class with crafting?

Again, your best bet is to play around with the character planner on the Globaltech Atlas site. It may be possible, but you won't be maxing out everything.

Chavez y Chavez