Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragonica Online: Now Live!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Dragonica Online has completed beta testing and goes live today! THQ*ICE is celebrating the occasion with a "bevy of new content, events, and contests."

For details on the launch festivities go here.

Comments

• GoldCvltGoldCvlt Member Posts: 13

I am really loving this game and excited that it goes live today. :)

• StratfordStratford Member CommonPosts: 112

It looks to be a fine game...for 13 yr old girls. 

Count me out.

• roz17roz17 Member Posts: 2

bring on the idiot 13 year old haters and their comparisons to WoW {sigh}

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

It's got fast paced arcade-like gameplay that I think some MMO gamers will find a refreshing change, but that picture at the top of this thread would probably drive away a good portion of the people who would othewise find the game fun.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • omegadudeomegadude Member UncommonPosts: 21

the game is good but the lack of controller support turns me off to it as soon as there are controllers i will play the hell out of this game

here is my 2 cents

the game runs great and if your an old gamer il compair it to this

teenage mutant ninja turtals turtles in time f or the snes with rpg and stat elements and the lack of turtles : )

its definatly an old school arcade beat em up with graphics soooo cute that you can taste a  hint of rainbow after playing

but the core gameplay is well done

• GoldCvltGoldCvlt Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by omegadude

the game is good but the lack of controller support turns me off to it as soon as there are controllers i will play the hell out of this game

here is my 2 cents
    teenage mutant ninja turtals turtles in time f or the snes with rpg and stat elements and the lack of turtles : )
    its definatly an old school arcade beat em up with graphics soooo cute that you can taste a  hint of rainbow after playing
    but the core gameplay is well don

the game does lack controller support but all you have to do is download joy2key and set up your controller to play it thats what i did and its so much more fun that way :)

• omegadudeomegadude Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Originally posted by babeschcks

Originally posted by omegadude

here is my 2 cents
    but the core gameplay is well don

the game does lack controller support but all you have to do is download joy2key and set up your controller to play it thats what i did and its so much more fun that way :)

yeah iv used it and yeah its ok but the program lacks alot of things like the functionality of  the d pad with 2 joysticks so you can only use either just a d pad and one joystick or just 2 joysticks with no d pad i would prefer to use xpadder but it is blocked so why dont they just put game pad funtionality in there game it wouldnt be all that hard but it is thq i dont remember the last time they had an orriganol game of there own idk about the iah version being that they helped acctualy make the game so idk it would just make the game much better if they had in game controller use instead of third party programs witch also can be used to cheat in the game because i know you can creat macros with joy2key so that you can press 1 buttion and do like 5 moves all at once so it would be a big plus for the game and the players if they would just implament a controller feature

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by roz17

And your comment is any better?  First off there is no such word as hater, it is called a critic and the purpose of a forum is to discuss likes and dislikes. 

Not a game that would interest a lot of us on this forum, but I am sure that there are some who like such games.  Enjoy.

• todayisbluetodayisblue Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

And your comment is any better?  First off there is no such word as hater, it is called a critic and the purpose of a forum is to discuss likes and dislikes. 

Not a game that would interest a lot of us on this forum, but I am sure that there are some who like such games.  Enjoy.

And your comment is any better? First off, hater is a word because we all know what it means despite it being slang, and it has a different connotation than critic so its use is warranted. And uh... whatever. You probably felt good being a police officer. So anyway...

I've enjoyed Dragonica, but I think the aesthetic will get a lot of negative attention and cause the game to get a bad reputation before people even know what the gameplay is like. The action side-scrolling elements are pretty exciting and fun despite the kiddie looking art style. I prefer differently themed games, but It's definitely worth a try, especially if only to unwind after school or work. ^_^

• severity3severity3 Member Posts: 264
    Originally posted by todayisblue

Originally posted by Ozmodan

And your comment is any better? First off, hater is a word because we all know what it means despite it being slang, and it has a different connotation than critic so its use is warranted. And uh... whatever. You probably felt good being a police officer. So anyway...

I've enjoyed Dragonica, but I think the aesthetic will get a lot of negative attention and cause the game to get a bad reputation before people even know what the gameplay is like. The action side-scrolling elements are pretty exciting and fun despite the kiddie looking art style. I prefer differently themed games, but It's definitely worth a try, especially if only to unwind after school or work. ^_^

So....umm....why couldnt you post this in the first place instead of your initial troll / flamebait post?

• todayisbluetodayisblue Member Posts: 60

people with lots of posts acting as forum police piss me off. sorry, i couldn't resist.

EDIT: in case you didn't notice, i'm a third person. i was defending someone's else's post against the forum nazi. i could see how if you read it wrong or assumed i was the same person it would change things a bit lol.