Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Buy Or Not To Buy

Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

That is the question. Well actually I have a couple of questions for those who are currently playing... They are as follows.

1) From OB to launch, how much have they done to fix the ungodly amount of bugs that were present in the game?

2) Is crafting a major part of the game? If so, does it still take forever to do?

3) Are mounts/vehicles easily obtainable or does it take some major dedication to get one?

4) Is there an active roleplaying community for the game?

5) Is there a true feeling of immersion? Can I explore and adventure without suddenly being stopped dead in my tracks by some gigantic immersion breaking bug?

These are my questions. I know it might sound like I am looking for an easy game to play but I'm not. I was really very excited when I saw motor vehicles so I am totally all about that stuff...

Comments

• Mystik86Mystik86 Member CommonPosts: 380

All I really wanted to know, thank you. :)

I will most likely buy the game soon...

• blakavarblakavar Member Posts: 304
    Originally posted by Mystik86

That is the question. Well actually I have a couple of questions for those who are currently playing... They are as follows.
    1) From OB to launch, how much have they done to fix the ungodly amount of bugs that were present in the game?
    2) Is crafting a major part of the game? If so, does it still take forever to do?
    3) Are mounts/vehicles easily obtainable or does it take some major dedication to get one?
    4) Is there an active roleplaying community for the game?
    5) Is there a true feeling of immersion? Can I explore and adventure without suddenly being stopped dead in my tracks by some gigantic immersion breaking bug?
    These are my questions. I know it might sound like I am looking for an easy game to play but I'm not. I was really very excited when I saw motor vehicles so I am totally all about that stuff...

1. Its pretty amazing. I walked into oilville today after a last patch with 0 lag, at least 200 players present. They have been doing a insane job of inproving performance.

2.Yes. Offline crafting(what I'm doing now building a MC) is pretty painless.

3. Yea, if you follow the guides you'll have a horse at level 2. It wont be a great horse, but you'll improve as you learn more.

4. Its the MMORGP standard, some roleplay some do not. It is more roleplay then Aion or WOW or AOC. Everyone roleplays thier faction to some extent so its above average.

5. I can promise you without a doubt you wont break immersian. In spider hill you will find nothing but mutated spiders. In terense where the crazed AI is spitting out rotted clones you will find 80% rotters. Even the raider gangs, you wont find devils own in south s1, or Shiva's chosen mutants.  There is a bit of warping though and once and a while you might need to relog to character select to get an update, but thats never broken immersian for me. Seeing pixies in a orc stronghold broke immersian for me.

Well that makes me feel good. I am really quite interested in the roleplay aspect of this game as well as personal adventuring and exploration... Now if only I didn't buy Aion last night!

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Well that makes me feel good. I am really quite interested in the roleplay aspect of this game as well as personal adventuring and exploration... Now if only I didn't buy Aion last night!

I got Champions when it launched, followed by Aion.  Aion is a cool game, but it is just more of the same.  It's pretty and ran well on my comp, but it's the same old thing all over again.  Fallen Earth is something different, and it feels good.

I still have a couple weeks on my Aion account but I don't care. 

Well I could have bought the game the other night but for some odd reason I chose Aion instead. I am regretting my decision right about now...

• FreddyDingoFreddyDingo Member Posts: 21

Well I could have bought the game the other night but for some odd reason I chose Aion instead. I am regretting my decision right about now...

We all make mistakes Mystik, it's what we do to make up for them that counts. So go buy FE. Now. Or the Koreans have won.

"Well, I woke up this morning and I wasn't dead. I suppose that means it's a good day."

I have run out of money for monthly game expenses sadly... :(

• FreddyDingoFreddyDingo Member Posts: 21

Well, as soon as you can I strongly recommend buying this game. Try selling someone your copy of Aion, just tell them its awesome you just don't have the time to dedicate being absorbed by an amazing game. Then buy FE and get absorbed by an amazing game.

"Well, I woke up this morning and I wasn't dead. I suppose that means it's a good day."

I'm working on getting rid of the Aion account already...