Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CitiesXL

YuberekYuberek Member Posts: 205

Is the game still under the NDA?  It seems interesting.

Comments

• MahloMahlo Member UncommonPosts: 814

I'm all for more variety in MMOs, non-combat as well as combat, but I think this game is going to flop.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

About the only thing that comes to mind about this game is the word "boring".

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I doubt it, it's already released. Here's the steam link:

store.steampowered.com/app/35500/

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Depends on what you mean by "flop" - I think they have an offline mode, with the option to subscribe to play online.  That means that they just need to sell boxes, and will probably have an especially low server overhead to worry about.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• Bit_DriverBit_Driver Member Posts: 16

Well the NDA was never officially lifted, but with its release, its hard to imagine it'd still be in place. Whatever the case, let me be the first to publically say......

Stay away from this pile of steaming shit.

Graphics : Not bad. A lot of bugs still to work out in the game graphically. No free camera mode. Street level view is nice, but *snore* after about 2 minutes. A generous 3.5 / 5

Gameplay: Wow. Just too much negative here to even bother typing it all out. Lets just say that this is the first contender in the city builder genre to make you *PAY* for any form of mass transit through their 'planet offer' (mmo subscription for play 'feature' with recurring monthly costs), Not a simulation at all. More like Barbie World plop and stagnate style. The only real management you get to do, is raise / lower taxes. Neighborhoods dont develop over time. Once a building is there, its there. Never grows into anything. period. boring. Trading is heavily dependant on others on the planet (for office/fuel/water/etc.). More people will chime in on this I'm sure, but overall, gameplay compared to other city builders, a dismal 0.1 / 5

Audio: Annoying spacey music. All The time. Makes you want to shove bails of cotton in your ears to stop the bleeding. No city sounds whatsoever. . . seriously. Plopping sound while you slap down static sized 'zones'.  a nauseating 0.2 / 5

Replayability: Well, if you want to constantly restart cities to try placing them a different way on the map, yeah, you can do that. You'll probably want to fling the CD as far as you can after the first couple hours.

The hype that IGN supposidly put on this game is totally unrealistic. I wouldnt get it if it wrer in the bargain bin at the local Goodwill store for $0.99. Buy a Coke instead.

• PonicoPonico Member UncommonPosts: 650

Bit_Driver is not lying here.

The game is loaded with features but it’s light on depth. You’re better off with Sim City 4 or 3000 then this one. I still play Sim City 3000 hehe… it is still one of the best game out there.

CITYXL is basicaly the WOW of City building sims. It’s great and I’m sure a lot of people will be enjoying it but it has 10% of the depth Sim City has. Though, I am curious about the player to player trading and such… that does look cool but I haven’t tried that.

• Bit_DriverBit_Driver Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Ponico

Bit_Driver is not lying here.
    The game is loaded with features but it’s light on depth. You’re better off with Sim City 4 or 3000 then this one. I still play Sim City 3000 hehe… it is still one of the best game out there.
    CITYXL is basicaly the WOW of City building sims. It’s great and I’m sure a lot of people will be enjoying it but it has 10% of the depth Sim City has. Though, I am curious about the player to player trading and such… that does look cool but I haven’t tried that.

Its completely broken. IF the trades go through, the other player can cancel it at anytime without notice, bork it up by overextending his own city needs, or the game itself can cock it up with the bugs in the game. So, with all those outcomes, trade is basically worthless as if your city needs arent met, it can send you into an unrecoverable tailspin financially, ending your city quickly. It's a neat concept, but as with most of the other parts of the game, Monte Crisco managed to screw it up as well.

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337
    Originally posted by Bit_Driver

Well the NDA was never officially lifted, but with its release, its hard to imagine it'd still be in place. Whatever the case, let me be the first to publically say......

Stay away from this pile of steaming shit.

Graphics : Not bad. A lot of bugs still to work out in the game graphically. No free camera mode. Street level view is nice, but *snore* after about 2 minutes. A generous 3.5 / 5

Gameplay: Wow. Just too much negative here to even bother typing it all out. Lets just say that this is the first contender in the city builder genre to make you *PAY* for any form of mass transit through their 'planet offer' (mmo subscription for play 'feature' with recurring monthly costs), Not a simulation at all. More like Barbie World plop and stagnate style. The only real management you get to do, is raise / lower taxes. Neighborhoods dont develop over time. Once a building is there, its there. Never grows into anything. period. boring. Trading is heavily dependant on others on the planet (for office/fuel/water/etc.). More people will chime in on this I'm sure, but overall, gameplay compared to other city builders, a dismal 0.1 / 5

Audio: Annoying spacey music. All The time. Makes you want to shove bails of cotton in your ears to stop the bleeding. No city sounds whatsoever. . . seriously. Plopping sound while you slap down static sized 'zones'.  a nauseating 0.2 / 5

Replayability: Well, if you want to constantly restart cities to try placing them a different way on the map, yeah, you can do that. You'll probably want to fling the CD as far as you can after the first couple hours.

The hype that IGN supposidly put on this game is totally unrealistic. I wouldnt get it if it wrer in the bargain bin at the local Goodwill store for $0.99. Buy a Coke instead.

yeah I agree here 100% I made the mistake of buying it, its pretty much 50% of simcity 4 only with a monthly fee on there, and no costom content from the players..

(The big deal about this game was supposed to be all the new content that the devs where going to release and what not. And its like Sim City 4 has 500+ people constently creating new stuff (aka the players) for the game. and I know most publicly moded stuff is crap, this stuff is really really good)

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos