Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pirates of the Burning Sea: Power and Prestige Expansion Interview

CEO Russell Williams and Associate Producer Janice Von Itter talk about how they're ramping up the political game in this free expansion to PotBS. Power and Prestige will let players become port governors.

To begin, governor powers will be divided into three areas: economic, cosmetic and tactical.

Economic powers include the ability to change tax rates, infrastructure rates and generally tweak the port’s economy for whatever purposes they want.

Cosmetic powers include the ability to set a tagline and make subtle little changes that leave the Governor’s own personal stamp on the place.

Tactical options include upgrades to defenses or port offensive capabilities that will make it harder – or maybe easier if treachery is afoot – for it to fall in battle with enemy nations.

Read it all here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Sounds like a step in the right direction. Might be worth a one month resub to see.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Evolution8Evolution8 Member Posts: 128

I can't believe they are dumping more money into this pos game...SOE is the most bizzar company i ever seen, games that where great they stop supporting and games that are terrible they support and never vice versa, do the world a favor SOE and stick to Televisions cause your games suck

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039
    Originally posted by Evolution8

I can't believe they are dumping more money into this pos game...SOE is the most bizzar company i ever seen, games that where great they stop supporting and games that are terrible they support and never vice versa, do the world a favor SOE and stick to Televisions cause your games suck

SOE don't have their hands on this game, ie they are not dumping money into it, so how far can one trust your belief on those other points to be valid?

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

SOE is the main funder for Pirates, I was there when they launched it, what are you smoking

Originally posted by Orphes

SOE don't have their hands on this game, ie they are not dumping money into it, so how far can one trust your belief on those other points to be valid?

Cause i will do anything to stop SOE from ripping people off

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Originally posted by Orphes

Cause i will do anything to stop SOE from ripping people off

You Clearly have NO Idea what your talking about. SOE is ONLY Billing and server farm Managment. NOTHING ELSE. Unless you would like to Provide the Phantom Link to the Artical that Proves your Tinfoil hat Therrory.

The only ones to blame, or Praise here are FLS. Soe has nothing to do with the game. I Hate SOE to, But Somethings they Really have nothing to do with.

Edit: Wait a min here... Your in the Vanguard fourms Praising Soe?? What a Troll you are.....

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

At least this a free expansion , EQ is coming up on its 16th paid expansion.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• minrathminrath Member Posts: 63

pffft this game still around? this is the only game I found on the planet desperate enough not to ban at least one of my accts.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    Originally posted by minrath

pffft this game still around? this is the only game I found on the planet desperate enough not to ban at least one of my accts.

"i wouldn't play any mmo that does not ban people like me".

nice.

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

The game is a great Sailing Sim.   The Best Ship Sailing Battle Game ever.   I hope they keep the sailing features and tactics in it.   Yea its not perfect but very doable for people whome never sailed.  It needs a huge world to explore and it could be great.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• BerndrBerndr Member Posts: 185

Beautiful .... Finally someone is doing something I always wanted to see in one mmo ,,,, giving people a chance to progress as an individual into powerfull positions, and become someone important and best of all have a chance marking the world itself .....

was bord of all this mmos with quotes such as shape the world , bring the change in the war against evil......they need you .... and all you ever do in most of  mmos is killing 20 rats

• SimphanaticSimphanatic Member Posts: 92
    A couple months ago I tried to download the game software. I balked then because it was going to take more than a week to accomplish. I'm simply NOT tying up my computer to the detriment of all else to accomplish that.

So, a few days ago I ordered the disks from Amazon, hoping this would eschew the incomprehensible download time. Installation went off without a hitch, but the game would not launch. I commenced trying to troubleshoot the issue, but despite MUCH research online (and on PotBS's forum) I could not come up with a solution.

In a last ditch effort, I commenced another download, but the ridiculously long download issue has not been resolved; so, I stopped.

My PC is a relatively new Toshiba Qosimio, with 4Gb RAM, Nvidia M460 graphics, and plenty of HD space. My drivers are all up to date, and I've setup my PC for gaming -- reduced background processes to only those which are essential, and I've dumbed Windows down to the Classic mode, with no enhanced visuals. Moreover, I've been in contact with my ISP a few times to verify my connection is fully spec'd.

I have downloaded and played Perfect World, WoW, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, The Secret World, LoTRO, and others with no issues whatsoever, but I cannot get this game to even load. Total waste of time.