Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DarkSpace Is Now Free To Play!!!!!!!!!

NickBDTNickBDT Member Posts: 23

"DarkSpace is now FREE TO PLAY*...

- Posted on October 2nd, 2009 - 13:33 by Faustus

* DarkSpace is now free to play up to the rank of "1st Rear Admiral". Subscribed players will have the cap removed and gain the ability to rank up to Chief Marshal.

In addition we are switching entirely to PayPal as our payment provider. If you are currently subscribed using BIBIT or PBC, you will need to resubscribe using PayPal if you want to remain as a subscribed player. "

www.Darkspace.net

1. Register:  http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?lang=en&sid=&module=newlogin.php

2. Download Client:  http://www.darkspace.net/index.htm?lang=en&sid=&module=files.php

3. Rock n Roll!

This is my signature .There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Signature without me is useless. Without my signature, I am useless. I must sign my signature true. I must sign it better than the noobs who are trying to kill me. I must kill them before they kill me.

Comments

• NickBDTNickBDT Member Posts: 23

This is my signature .There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Signature without me is useless. Without my signature, I am useless. I must sign my signature true. I must sign it better than the noobs who are trying to kill me. I must kill them before they kill me.

• demonic87demonic87 Member UncommonPosts: 438

Was going to try this before. How much is it like EVE?

Only thing it has in common with EVE is that You control a space ship in space, and shoot laser beams.

This is an all out war game, where u capture planets and star systems and gain experience doing different things to rank up and get better ships.  Whether it be from bombing, scouting, Resupplying, or doing hull damage to enemy ships.

1 more question, how high is this F2P rank cap. Will I get far at all with it?

First rear Admiral is the cap.

thats halfway through the ranking system.

You'll get Access to Cruisers like in the screenshot above with a free to play account.

But you wont get access to Dreadnaughts or Space stations which you get in the higher ranks.

Il give it a try.

• GenRobGenRob Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by demonic87

1 more question, how high is this F2P rank cap. Will I get far at all with it?

The F2P cap will get you all cruisers except 1 for all races. There is only 1 ship class above cruisers, and that is the dreadnought class. You can have a lot of fun in cruisers, and not feel insignificant. So to answer your question the F2P cap is fairly high.

edit: nick beat me to it

Originally posted by GenRob

edit: nick beat me to it

; )

I know what some of you may be thinking, "Eww look at those graphics"  Its True it doesnt have graphics like eve. but everyone... Well most of them,  That play darkspace,  Think "Eww Look at that gameplay" when they look at EVE.

Are you willing to Give up your 2009 Graphic game with lame gameplay, for a game with Awesome Epic warfare gameplay, with 2001 Graphics Thats free to play?  

Give it a Try, What you have to lose?

Plus I need more noobs to shoot!

• piotrsanpiotrsan Member Posts: 58

Thats a great news.

• fooddevilfooddevil Member Posts: 1

thats good but does Darkspace still lag like a mofo? =p

• This game is so much fun hadn't played it in years and the persistent universe now seems to work without lagging. When I first played this years ago use to take 2 mins to load it up, now it takes less than 20 seconds after hitting launch. I go in there and do some support last night helping the war refueling and repairing ships and I enjoyed it, it's a fun teamwork game. And the cap will take a very long time to get to for a new person, pretty good space warfare in this game.

• razerblade29razerblade29 Member UncommonPosts: 230

Is the combat twitch or auto fire?

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by NickBDT

I know what some of you may be thinking, "Eww look at those graphics"  Its True it doesnt have graphics like eve. but everyone... Well most of them,  That play darkspace,  Think "Eww Look at that gameplay" when they look at EVE.

Are you willing to Give up your 2009 Graphic game with lame gameplay, for a game with Awesome Epic warfare gameplay, with 2001 Graphics Thats free to play?  

Give it a Try, What you have to lose?

Plus I need more noobs to shoot!

I actually like Darkspace but to say Eve has lame gamplay is off imo.

Eve has Rts type combat its a totally different type of game.

Most of us Eve players are smart enough to understand that space games with twitch fps controls are totally different games so we lay off the bashing and ask about shit like industry mechanics within those games.  I wish the sci-fi twitch guys were also this smart so we wouldnt get so many Eve hate posts.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• holycannoliholycannoli Member Posts: 236
    Originally posted by razerblade29

Is the combat twitch or auto fire?

It's twitch. There's no auto anything in this game.

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

This game does look pretty damn cool though...i may have to give it a try

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514