Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non instanced MMORPGS?

GinkeqGinkeq Member Posts: 615

Are there any MMORPGs anymore that don't use instances?  

It really cheapens the MMO experience.  I was kind of hoping games would use the old EQ model where nothing is an instance.  At least when there are no instances, people compete with other players over the same farms, etc. and guilds are competing to be the first to down raid NPCs.  People want to kill NPCs in non-instanced MMORPGs.  

People shouldn't put up with these instancing systems, can hardly call it an MMO when you have your own private zones that are magically separated from the rest of the world.

Comments

• vladakovvladakov Member Posts: 710

darkfall is instance free, so no instances anywere :)  playing it atm halfscreen, having a blast :))

regards,

vlad

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

FFXI isn't instanced.

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I dont' know.

But I'm not sure the playerbase which want non instanced MMORPGS is actually the majority.

Darkfall use non instanced I think.  I'm not sure there are other theme park game other than EQ which is non instanced.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Rajen

FFXI isn't instanced.

In a way FFXI does have instances, but the thing is one 1 group can do that insance at a time. Dynamis, limbus, BSNM, KSNM, its all instances but like I said only 1 group can be doing it at 1 time.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• thaniththanith Member Posts: 144

see signature :)

the only "instances" are player flats and guild halls.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

WWIIoL is non instanced.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• CaleveiraCaleveira Member Posts: 556

Instances are not evil per se but they shouldnt be abused. They can become very convenient when you have several groups of people trying to run the same content.

Just to make things clear...
    I speak for myself and no one else, unless i state otherwise mine is just an opinion. A fact is something that can be independently verified, you may challenge such but with proof. You have every right to disagree with me through sound argument, i believe in constructive debate, but baseless aggression will warrant an unkind response.