Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: Mac Version Release Date Announced

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

EA has announced today the release date for the Mac client of Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning. WAR will be arriving on Mac's on October 28th, 2009.

The Mac version will be available to new subscribers for $19.99 and will be distributed via digital download at Gametreeonline. The paid Mac client will include 30 days of free game time, as well. Current subscribers of the game will be able to access the Mac version free of charge.

The official announcement can be viewed here.

Comments

• SarbocabrasSarbocabras Member Posts: 257

woooo I doubt this will even slightly change there subscriber base 

• Equilibrium_JWEquilibrium_JW Member Posts: 201

The release has to work first. I was given this as a beta, and it would never download a file stating there was an error on Mythic's server. I remember something like this with the PC version, but on the mac side, no one would cop up to it or release a fix.

• UsedManateeUsedManatee Member Posts: 161

Having a Mac laptop, I always appreciated the WoW client being OSX native.  However, given the unfortunate state of WAR (since release, really) you're probably right.  I had fun during a 10 day trial some 6 months ago, but since then it hasn't exactly made an upturn that would justify heading back on.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

I know you can run WINE or whatever go get games to run in Linux.

But wouldn't a MAC game run even better in Linux?

I'm just trying to think outside the box here.

Oh well, best of luck to dem Mythic boys.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

I dont get why they bother making a MAC version of a dying game.....

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Well that was a lot of wasted effort. Though I'm sure the two users who still play that also have macs will appreciate it I guess.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• OyjordOyjord Member UncommonPosts: 568

*sigh*

It's not ok to be racist, but being a homophobe is ok?

*sigh*

Originally posted by hybridfury

Even the apple logo is rainbow colored, *sigh*

The logo hasn't been rainbow for several years now.

How dare you present him with logic! Don't you understand? He fights epic fights, in epic games, with epic toons....eats epic food and takes epic dumps! He has more e..pic..icity...ness in his little finger than you have in your whole unepic body! - ChicagoCub

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by UsedManatee

People don't forget.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

Originally posted by Abrahmm

People don't forget.

People do understand the difference between present and past tense.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hate speech will not be tolerated on these forums. Cut it out.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Originally posted by Abrahmm

People don't forget.

People do understand the difference between present and past tense.

It was a joke...

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347

Back on topic, the reason WAR is being pushed onto the Mac probably has something to do with a year or so ago when Apple and EA were at one of the larger Mac events all like "ZOMG WE'RE PARTNERING WITH EA TO BRING CUTTING EDGE GAMING TO THE MAC!  I remember a promise in there about how EA games would see simultaneous release on both PC / Mac platforms, etc etc..    I don't think that went quite as planned, but 'eh.   

I'm a Mac user, I tried the WAR client when the beta started for it.  The performance was pretty horrid.  

I think they might pick up a few extra people with this, at least in the short term due to there being such few options for Mac MMOs.

A lot more people would own Macs and a lot more people would buy the damn things if Mr. Steve Jobs would just accept the fact that putting 3 year old graphics technology in your 'cutting edge' computers doesn't really do it!

It is easier than ever for developers to port to Mac as well with CIDER (look it up).  In fact, Nvidia was a major supporter of it at about the same time EA and Apple were all "woohoo!"   - then Apple repays them by offering mid-range ATI cards as their "Top of the Line"  ...  

So, at least EA / Mythic isn't going to be out too much when hardly anybody uses the Mac client :)

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• battleaxebattleaxe Member UncommonPosts: 158

Would have been a plus if this was available at launch.  Now it's too little, too late.