Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your Favorite MMO of all time (OF ALL TIME!)

Comments

• HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Anarchy Online. Blew me away, and I still play it from time to time.

Second. DaoC, only for the PvP

Third: UO

"This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

• AlivadaAlivada Member Posts: 86

Tabula Rasa, it's horrible when 'your' MMO goes under =( But at least TOR looks pretty awesome.

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

So far the Hello Kitty beta has been awesome. #1 game of all time!

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

• TolkmecTolkmec Member Posts: 1

EVE Online or Lotro, both have an exceptional atmosphere.

• Dilir79Dilir79 Member Posts: 64

FFXI !!!!!!!!!!!

• EanokEanok Member Posts: 134

I have played only a few (see sig) but EvE online is my fav. by a large margin.

Played: UO, SWG, TR, WoW, AoC, EvE
    Playing: :(
    Interested in: JGE, LotR, TSW

• OraniaOrania Member Posts: 6

SWG pre-cu, it was my first

WoW

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

EQ classic (original EQ+kunark+velius+luclin).

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

To planestasd....whatever.

Everquest 1 was not the first 3d MMORPG for HEAVEN'S SAKE.

It would take you 30 seconds to check out google to find out what was first. You obviously are unable to do that so I do it for you. MERIDIAN 59 released in 1996. The game is still up.

http://meridian59.neardeathstudios.com/

REALITY CHECK

• shukes33shukes33 Member Posts: 1,051
    Originally posted by Thillian

It would take you 30 seconds to check out google to find out what was first. You obviously are unable to do that so I do it for you. MERIDIAN 59 released in 1996. The game is still up.

Just a discussion mate about opinions, no one needs to come out with facts :)

And didnt i read last year about meridian 59 closing down. did they get some kind of injection and stay up?

• PlasmicredxPlasmicredx Member Posts: 629
    Originally posted by shukes33

Originally posted by Thillian

Just a discussion mate about opinions, no one needs to come out with facts :)

And didnt i read last year about meridian 59 closing down. did they get some kind of injection and stay up?

Exactly it's my opinion that m59 was too much of an old fart it was before my time and I don't care. Plus they didn't do anything revolutionary it was a Doom ripoff.

• SignusMSignusM Member Posts: 2,225

My favorite MMOs were the REAL MMOs, before WoW came out.

Dark Age of Camelot was my personal favorite having the great PvE of EQ and PvP like no other. I think Asheron's Call PvE was better than DAoC, but man, you cannot beat 600 man battles for relics in the frontiers.

MMOs have been very bad for a while, Darkfall is my current favorite.  

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by neo750a

Originally posted by Padre-Adamo

Asheron's Call
    Asheron's Call 2
    I'm still subscribed to Asheron's Call with 4 accounts active. I look forward to the day they re-release some new form of Asheron's Call.
    -Padre

same but without the active accounts.

AC1 -DT

best pvp ever... This game is sill fun=P

• PharoinPharoin Member Posts: 90

Everquest for me. Eq is what started me out playing MMO's

• UshibaruUshibaru Member Posts: 65

Luminary Online for me.. ^^

• AladyleynaAladyleyna Member Posts: 269

My favourite MMO of all time would have to be Guild Wars. I have a major weakness for games that actually have a storyline and out of the games I've played, this game is the only one that actually made me feel as if I was part of the storyline, instead of just a spectator. And, unlike a single player rpg (which I know some people will tell me that I might as well be playing) it actually has an ingame community. My alliance, for one, is extremely active, and we always have a conversation going on.

Moreover, I love the characters in the game, from the henchmen to the heroes to the npcs. Honestly, some of them really are extremely cute, not just appearance wise. This is the first time I've ever had the urge to write fanfiction for a computer game; I find the characters that interesting.

Main characters:
    Jinn Gone Quiet (Guild Wars)
    Princess Pudding (Guild Wars)

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234

DAOC, while I have enjoyed other games nothing has ever come close.

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• ArgwaanArgwaan Member Posts: 44

#1 by miles SWG pre-cu, best online game ever. Had such high hopes for MMOs after SWG launched, and then WOW came out and turned every MMO after it into a mindless grindfest with no respect for its players.

#2 would be Battleground Europe (World War II Online)

• Gammit100Gammit100 Member UncommonPosts: 439

Planetside

MMO games played or tested: EQ, DAoC, Archlord, Auto Assault, CoH, CoV, EQ2, EVE, Guild Wars, Hellgate: London, Linneage II, LOTRO, MxO, Planetside, SWG, Sword of the New World, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, WWIIOL, WOW, Age of Conan

• ComnitusComnitus Member Posts: 2,462

Dark Age of Camelot.

• KabiriKabiri Member Posts: 7

Legend of mir

• MaverickrollMaverickroll Member UncommonPosts: 123

UO or Shadowbane. I really love a truly open world of pvp, non-instanced. No quests, no b.s. just pure pvp. Shadowbane might eek out UO a little, cause of the massive battles, the politics, etc When you can run up the crest of a hill and see hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of enemy players just come flooding over top another hill toward you.. Yea nothing else has produced a rush of pvp awesomesauce like Shadowbane since.

Sadly, no mmo thus far has been able to recreate this, too many carebear mmos (yea I play WoW atm, its a time killer for me, I spend most of the time pvping even though theres no risk or reward *sigh*)

• Reborn17Reborn17 Member Posts: 414

City of heroes at different stages in its existence. Great community, amazing powers in its golden age, no stress, team oriented, great graphics, the best character creation system til CO came out, the ability to fly, enjoyable combat mechanics making it at one time the most fast paced and multifaceted pvp I had found, until "unlucky" i13.  Was quite a game, once upon a time.

"The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion." -Edmund Burke

Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?"
    (Psalm 94:16)

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

FFXI is the only right choice for me.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • neonsheildneonsheild Member Posts: 7

Darkfall