Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else besides me will be playing Aion just because everything else sucks.

holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772

So, despite playing Aion in OB and almost falling into a coma from boredom and then badmouthing the game for about a month on this forum, I will be buying the game today or tomorrow and starting up a toon tomorrow at launch.  Why?  Well, Aion has a few things going for it:

1. it works- this is the biggest.  No other major mmorpg released in the last 2 years really works as intended.  Maybe champions online, but they can't seem to figure out what they want to do with that game and a sharded server is not really an MMORPG to me.  If you never see the same people you might-as-well be playing a single player game if you ask me.

2. I've already played through pretty much everything worth playing, including months in LOTRO, WoW, ffxi and even a couple in Warhammer.

That's about it, really.  I'm not really excited about grinding the beginning quests which all seemed pretty much the same to me, but hopefully the rumor that things pick up with PVP at 20 or 25 turns out to be true.

Is there anyone else in the same boat as me?

Whoever came up with this release date for NA for Aion is a genius.  It's right when everything worth playing is stale and anything really exciting isn't scheduled to be released for months.

Comments

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Since these last years developers kept on putting out pvp oriented games no one pve ones (not super hero) I had to pass time hopping from a f2p game to another.

Still deciding if i'm gonna play aion or not since I don't like much pvp but can't find any game atm to pass time apart of aion which i didn't find bad in the lvl 1 to 10 I did in closed beta.

Gonna see if I can stand the pvp in the game or will just cancel it and keep on trying f2p games till FFXIV.

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I'll be trying it simply because I'm bored and want to find a good pvp game.  I'm still going to wait another month or so.  I want the new game excitement to die down a bit and wait a few more patches before I jump in.  I'm just sick of being a guinea pig. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • evilgreen5evilgreen5 Member Posts: 77

I dunno. I'm rather enjoying Aion so far. While I agree that everything else coming out sucks, I think Aion is a pretty good game. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll be playing Aion until SWTOR comes out. :D

• SonikFlashSonikFlash Member UncommonPosts: 561

I just wont last through another PvP centric mmo..

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by evilgreen5
    I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'll be playing Aion until SWTOR comes out. :D

Same here.  ;)

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

After my Second Closed beta, reading reviews, watching videos, I thought, I won't enjoy this game much.  There are games out there that suck much less, so I'll be playing them.

Have fun!

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I'll be sticking to LOTRO for the time being. There's no hurry in that game at all to level and it suites me since theres no PVP to speak of in the traditional sense. I'm also playing Champions and I really like it. I'll probably pick up APB when the time comes. But this pile of @#$# not touching it. Mind you thats my opinion of the game. It has potential for other people.

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221

Playing single player games and intend to check out STO. Not playing Aion as "everything else"  arnt the only ones that suck.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Yes pretty much.

• ElectriceyeElectriceye Member UncommonPosts: 1,171
    Originally posted by Carnivorous

I am not that desperate to play this shitty themepark crap with shallow combat system and barbie emos/mutants all over the place. Waiting for GA, Secret world and GW2.
    Learning tornado of souls in the meantime (megadeth's stuff).

Argh I wish you didn't write that second sentence, it's people like you who give Megadeth fans and Metal in general a bad name.

P.S: Not everyone who listens to Megadeth is as angry as Carnivorous, thanks for understanding!

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by Electriceye

Originally posted by Carnivorous

I am not that desperate to play this shitty themepark crap with shallow combat system and barbie emos/mutants all over the place. Waiting for GA, Secret world and GW2.
    Learning tornado of souls in the meantime (megadeth's stuff).

Argh I wish you didn't write that second sentence, it's people like you who give Megadeth fans and Metal in general a bad name.

P.S: Not everyone who listens to Megadeth is as angry as Carnivorous, thanks for understanding!

pretty much a pointless off topic plug if you ask me.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786

I think that's actually kind of true in my case... not to take anything away from Aion.  It's a fun game, I've had a blast, it's gotten me excited about playing a game, something that hasn't happened in a while.  But it's not perfect.  I'm holding out hope for quite a few other games.  But for now, there's not much else out there that is better.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Well, if I could ever get in to one of the two servers my guilds playing on I'd let you know........

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Originally posted by madeux

I think that's actually kind of true in my case... not to take anything away from Aion.  It's a fun game, I've had a blast, it's gotten me excited about playing a game, something that hasn't happened in a while.  But it's not perfect.  I'm holding out hope for quite a few other games.  But for now, there's not much else out there that is better.

They should plaster this on their front page since I've heard it so many times now xD

"Play Aion! Because really there's nothing better at the moment!" 

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• haratuharatu Member UncommonPosts: 409

Odd thing is that I am not playing Aion becasue there is somethings that are better at the moment. 

• AutumnalDuskAutumnalDusk Member Posts: 22

I had hopes for this game. Hovered at Aionsource for months.

Pre-ordered, and everything.

NCSoft dropped the ball.

Now, I cannot, even though I pre-ordered, be where/who I want to be. All these "preserving our servers" crud is utter b.s. It's to create more of a demand for the impulse player. They're not new to this market, they know how to play the game. Save it, fanboi, heard all your defenses, and they're the same one's you call "weak" if we were talking any other established MMO.

NCSoft has a history, and it's repeating itself. Once the hype dies down, once the lemming mentality has been overshadowed by the next "Ooh, shiny!", perhaps they'll notice 1 less NCLoader, 1 less Guild Wars, 1 less Exsteel, 1 less Aion.

But I rather doubt it.

NCSoft=Epic Fail. Never my money, again.

/$0.02

• DargokDargok Member Posts: 14

I am in the same boat. I'm pretty bored with most games out there so I'm considering Aion just because, like he said, working and well, relatively new

All your MMOs are belong to me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • madeuxmadeux Member Posts: 1,786
    Originally posted by templarga

I rather play a game that "sucks" than sit in a queue for 3 hours.

Then perhaps you should have played on an open server when you had the chance.  Apparently you'd rather whine and cry than play any game at all. 

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

I rather sit in a queue 20 mins (the max ive been) than play a game that sucks, thats repetitive and/or doesnt have enough players to fill a decent server

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

Originally posted by tryklon

I rather sit in a queue 20 mins (the max ive been) than play a game that sucks, thats repetitive and/or doesnt have enough players to fill a decent server

Try 6+ hours last night or 3+ tonight.

Oh wait...I am sorry, I should choose to play without my guild on some random server for no reason until space hopefully opens up for me sometime in the future.

Great plan.

Im glad to see you haters jumped from the clone talk to the queues now =P i guess the clone got old

• Egamst3kEgamst3k Member Posts: 59

Hell almighty no.

When your options are "suck" and "sucks slightly less," the right thing to do is find something else to occupy your time.

Damn dude, if your life is at the point where you're considering playing a game YOU'RE ALREADY BORED WITH in order to keep you from playing OTHER BORING GAMES, might I suggest taking up a new hobby?

Take Scuba lessons.

Go Skydiving.

Learn to make pottery.

Learn to make furniture.

Design your own shirt line.

Go to a strip club.

Make a fancy dinner for your girlfriend/boyfriend.

The possibilities are out there! Why anyone would willingly subject themselves to boredom is beyond me. At least the Ascetics torture themselves for religious enlightenment....

Yes, I am an English Major.

• SpeiberbobSpeiberbob Member Posts: 233

Though i also wait for the next holybabyjesusmmorpg to come i consider Aion pretty fun.

Hope they can get good populations on all those servers as NC realy gets hell of nerdrage

from the playerbase while they try to do the best for a long live of aion.

Maybe its better the emorage/quit people get of now, they  probably would get emself hurt in the pvpve endgame

anyway.

I think in two weeks things will settle down and we wont have to fear a second WAR empty server scenario ahead ;)

cheers

AC2,AO,D&L,Lotro,VsoH,SWG,Uo,HGL,Drunners,CoH,GW,Potbs,PWI
    Eq2,Dofus,WoW,WWIIO,Ryzom,Planetside,EvE,TR,DDO,RFonline,FOM,VC,..etc blabla
    also hobbies....staring at loadingbars

• Zeref.DyverZeref.Dyver Member Posts: 270
    Originally posted by bloodaxes

Since these last years developers kept on putting out pvp oriented games no one pve ones (not super hero) I had to pass time hopping from a f2p game to another.
    Still deciding if i'm gonna play aion or not since I don't like much pvp but can't find any game atm to pass time apart of aion which i didn't find bad in the lvl 1 to 10 I did in closed beta.
    Gonna see if I can stand the pvp in the game or will just cancel it and keep on trying f2p games till FFXIV.

FFXI my friend, unless you've already worn that out. Since if you are waiting for FFXIV, I assume you have.