Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion + Steam

AdvancedTechAdvancedTech Member UncommonPosts: 165

Hey, I'm wondering how Aion will work with Steam. Will I not need a PlayNC account? Or do they just give me a code that I then apply to my PlayNC account at their website.

Comments

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

I bought my GF her copy off Steam and I think she just did the DL through Steam and followed a link to account creation at NCS to buy her sub.

I know it was very grief free for her though.

• TisiphoneTisiphone Member Posts: 486

Both start. Its sort of convoluted. Steam starts, and starts the NCSoft Launcher, which in turn starts Aion (and up until today, GameGuard). They all run. I'm kind of meh on the whole delay - wondering if I can still just download the client elsewhere and not worry about using Steam. But it works fine.

EDIT: Forgot to answer the first question: They link you to the NCSoft website, and you create an account like everybody else, or use an existing one. All Steam does automatically is send over the key.

• DrekenDreken Member Posts: 44

I also bought mine from steam. You can download the client from file planet and use that to play.

However the question would be is that the code that I registered via Steam also my retail code or is that just my pre-order code?

• twiggy550twiggy550 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Originally posted by Dreken

I also bought mine from steam. You can download the client from file planet and use that to play.

However the question would be is that the code that I registered via Steam also my retail code or is that just my pre-order code?

Pretty sure your pre-order code is your retail code as well, considering you had to enter it in on NCSoft's website to get into the beta.

"IRL is a pretty upstanding MMO with thousands of classes, a lot of PvP and even some pretty unique emotes and titles you can acquire. Explore that world first, then we'll talk about this virtual one."

• AchillezAchillez Member UncommonPosts: 105
    Originally posted by Tisiphone

Both start. Its sort of convoluted. Steam starts, and starts the NCSoft Launcher, which in turn starts Aion (and up until today, GameGuard). They all run. I'm kind of meh on the whole delay - wondering if I can still just download the client elsewhere and not worry about using Steam. But it works fine.
    EDIT: Forgot to answer the first question: They link you to the NCSoft website, and you create an account like everybody else, or use an existing one. All Steam does automatically is send over the key.

After mine DLed from Steam it just placed the NC Launcher on my desktop. Never have launched Steam since for it.  I just used steam for sheer DL speeds since I live near the servers and 2.5mbps is beast . :D