Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A quick question about Vanguard n EQ2

ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

For people that are subscribed to both accounts which is more fun to play do you think. I've played both

and can't decide on which one I would like to stick to and resubscribe. EQ2 has better end game and raid

contents from the looks of things. And Vanguard has better system and overall gameplay?

Comments

• ozerinxozerinx Member UncommonPosts: 200

hmm anyone?

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

well i play both and at the moment i am enjoying vanguard more . there seems to be the something there that keeps me playing , but again it would be a personal preferance but since both have free trials try both

hehe that is where the dilema is, I have accounts in both and played both last month. Everquest 2, i am already end game and raiding a lot while vanguard i only got to 35ish. I heard from most people that Vanguard end game is super dead but I also heard there are new contents so I am stuck ! lol.

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210

well i have them on station pass so if i feel jaded on one i go play the other and vice versa , my problem is only one of my pc runs vanguard well so if im downstairs i will play eq II and if i am upstairs i tend to play vanguard

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809

Vanguard is the better game , more to do, but it runs poorly so it gets frustrating.  Eq2 runs smoothly but feels a little bland to me. So if you can run vanguard with little or no hitching then that is the game to play

How about end game content wise? I am a pretty active raider so that is kinda important to me. Thanks for quick response :D

• NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 815

Agreed.  Vanguard has some amazing content and good re-play-ability.  There are starting areas for every race in addition to the Isle of Dawn.  I really enjoyed the various classes and group content.  If your machine can handle it well, play Vanguard.

• shadout00shadout00 Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by ozerinx

How about end game content wise? I am a pretty active raider so that is kinda important to me. Thanks for quick response :D

EQ2 is your best pet. The raiding is one of the best I have ever played.

Ah thanks, I am not a type of person that makes a bunch of toons so I tend to perfect my main. When I played eq1 i spend so much time on my main i didn't have any time to play my toon. That is why I am really interested in what both game has to offer as end game content instead of early stuff. Thanks for the responses.

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

Personally, I think eq2 is great to start out.  Runs smooth, has good lore and reminders of eq1 throughout, but ultimately fails because of overly simple combat system.

• drolkrad666drolkrad666 Member Posts: 56

I've played eq2 but I never was immersed into the game like I was EQ 1 or Vanguard.  I've done a lot of raiding in VG got my flying mount finally and working on POTA gear, its a great game really but sony is screwing this game.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I've played both games and am currently playing eq2.

I think vanguard wins in many catagories and VG could be the most amazing game if it had the love and investment it deserves.  Today the game is pretty solid but still a little bit rough feeling.  Minor bugs and minor issues nothing game killing but they can be irritating.  High lvl content looks like it is good to keep people going for quite awhile who like raiding and grouping.  Lower levels are a bonanza of content exceeding just about any game. 

VG strengths

Combat system is great

Crafting is very good

Dungeons are very good.

Great game for grouping.

Everquest2 on the other hand is kinda a simpler game but gets a lot of love and resources from SoE.  The game has a huge world and at the end game a lot of group instances you can run to get gear or there is quite a bit of raid progression.   EQ2 gets frequent content updates and there is always something new around the corner.  It has a very solid community and the game is quite active.

VG strengths

An amazing housing system

AA system for customization

Mentoring

Frequent content updates.

I'm playing eq2 mainly because I see VG as the redheaded step child and SoE just doesn't want it to succeed so much as I love the game I find that disappointing.

---
    Ethion

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by ozerinx

For people that are subscribed to both accounts which is more fun to play do you think. I've played both
    and can't decide on which one I would like to stick to and resubscribe. EQ2 has better end game and raid
    contents from the looks of things. And Vanguard has better system and overall gameplay?

I've played both, and prefer Vanguard.  I no longer play EQ2, but have a number of guildies that like to play both.  A lot of the EQ2 folks I know stay with it because they've played it since launch and obviously like it.  However, they will plow through EQ2 expansion content pretty quickly and then return to Vanguard to play the end-game there.  At this point, they've fallen so far behind in Vanguard that they are having a tough time keeping both games going.  We'll see which they pick.