Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real Life?

Why is this game in the "Real Life" genre? It is a fantasy game based in a modern world. The people who manage the list should learn how to classify things =)

It does look like a classic horror game though, so I'm not sure what to expect.

-Greater Force

Comments

• JesterDarklyJesterDarkly Member Posts: 20

Well i wouldn't identify it under the horror genre either. It has elements of mystery, adventure and horror from what we can tell so far, but i wouldn't characterize it "horror".

• LtJohnnyRicoLtJohnnyRico Member Posts: 214

You don't fight demons and hell spawn in your daily life?

• emikochanemikochan Member UncommonPosts: 290

as long as i can pick up the  "magic mushrooms" item and use them, it'll be pretty realistic =p

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356

I'd put it as Alternate Reality.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192

definitely

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by LtJohnnyRico

Some people just need to get out, smell the daisies, burry rotting carcas, and fend off hell spawn. Seriously guys get a life, if you don't think this game comes as close as it gets, then I am at a loss.

• Syno23Syno23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Greater_Force

Why is this game in the "Real Life" genre? It is a fantasy game based in a modern world. The people who manage the list should learn how to classify things =)

From what I've heard, it is based in the modern world. And, basically, you are fighting these monsters that come out of nowhere. It is a government cover up.

• ZenoLocZenoLoc Member UncommonPosts: 71

Well I used to but then the divorce became final.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Originally posted by Greater_Force

Thats because you don't have cities filled with monsters and other things.

The main catch of the setting used in TSW is that the "fantasy" side is truly SECRET - you don't get a mission and go killing stuff around. No.

In a sense, I feel that the world lore works in similar fashion on how the two worlds worked in The Longest Journey game or how the universe was set up Lovecraft's works or how Chicago is set up in Dresden Files book series - you have a completely normal Earth with nightclubs, flats, groceries, etc....and then you have the...more darker...more complex....more evil...more supernatural side to all that which just lurks around in the setting, hiding in plain sight.

So yes, Contemporary Fantasy would work good too, however as stated by R.Tornquist, the game will have a lot of "real world" gameplay elements, so Real Life fits too.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• KnightsoulKnightsoul Member UncommonPosts: 31

Originally posted by ZenoLoc

Well I used to but then the divorce became final.

Lol, so true man.... so true. ;)