Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I will resub when...

t0nydt0nyd Evansville, INPosts: 198Member Uncommon

1. Out of combat regen works while in a team... (like it wasnt reported enough in beta, in PvP, i never join a team for this reason alone)

2. Cryptic decides to make all builds and travel powers viable. (we all know the MMO genre breeds min/maxers, but this games balance is way way way out of whack, especially when they nerf things that really arent that big of a problem, but leave shit like ice perma snare)

3. When this game supports themed character creation. (yea, make that acrobatics, pistol/sword guy and cringe when he blows due poorly developed melee mechanics)

4. When melee has a solid place in this game...

5. When you can actually see your Weapon/s during character creation. (at this moment, you have to pay to check out each and every weapon, simply to see if it fits your characters theme, then blindly choose colors for them, Its not like this wasnt reported in beta)

6. When you can skip the intro and start at level 5. (lets face it, its more fun making alts and testing out powers than actually playing the game)

If your not going to resub, whats holding you back? (lets not start a flame war, I simply listed reasons that are keeping me from resubbing)

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes EdinburghPosts: 1,037Member Uncommon

SERVER NOT RESPONDING

thats whats made me unsub to this game, and the fact that patching it takes hours. In the last week ive managed to play the game for 1 hour and Try to play it for around 30! Its too much and i had to give in, even when The Matrix Online released and had problems i could at least get into the game.

• CzzarreCzzarre Cleveland, OHPosts: 3,742Member

I agree with most of what you list. HOnestly they dont take a lot to do either (jump past tutorial zones)

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Knoxville, TNPosts: 393Member
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

SERVER NOT RESPONDING

thats whats made me unsub to this game, and the fact that patching it takes hours. In the last week ive managed to play the game for 1 hour and Try to play it for around 30! Its too much and i had to give in, even when The Matrix Online released and had problems i could at least get into the game.

Eh? I've had zero trouble patching the game, and every time I've fired it up to log in (except once) the server was up. Have I just been lucky.... or maybe your connection sucks? Honestly I haven't heard anyone else complain about slow patch speeds except on launch day w/ that major patch FUBAR.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• qbangy32qbangy32 GT YarmouthPosts: 681Member
    Originally posted by TheMaelstrom

Originally posted by SlickShoes

SERVER NOT RESPONDING

Eh? I've had zero trouble patching the game, and every time I've fired it up to log in (except once) the server was up. Have I just been lucky.... or maybe your connection sucks? Honestly I haven't heard anyone else complain about slow patch speeds except on launch day w/ that major patch FUBAR.

He already posted about his ISP issue in a seperate thread, but as many already told him Cryptic aren't responsible for ISP's, and most of us have decent ones that can DL a patch in seconds or minutes, yes even here in the UK.

I do agree with the skip the tutorial part of the game, I wish for that in AoC aswell but that isn't happening anytime soon either.

As for the rest of the list they aren't reason enough for me to unsubscribe from a game.

• bigdaddysfebigdaddysfe A town, CAPosts: 89Member

I think they are too busy trying to make a Meme out of Bill Roper's Shoes to be bothered to fix anything right now.

Maybe by next month they will get back on track :(

• baffbaff swaveseyPosts: 9,457Member

Cryptic are in every way responsable for making their game copmpatable with ISP's.

It's a bloody internet game. Compatability with ISP's is a pre-requisite for functionality.

They done the tests, they've had the feedback. All with plenty of time to address the issue before the game goes on sale.

How hard is it to assign a different port to the game than the default one for Kazaa or Bittorrent if it is causing a problem for the end users?

Not very. A 1kb patch, and 30 seconds programming time. A blind monkey could do it with his toes.

• IcemastaIcemasta Trois-Rivieres, QCPosts: 151Member
    Originally posted by baff

Cryptic are in every way responsable for making their game copmpatable with ISP's.
    It's a bloody internet game. Compatability with ISP's is a pre-requisite for functionality.
    They done the tests, they've had the feedback. All with plenty of time to address the issue before the game goes on sale.

How hard is it to assign a different port to the game than the default one for Kazaa or Bittorrent if it is causing a problem for the end users?
    Not very. A 1kb patch, and 30 seconds programming time. A blind monkey could do it with his toes.

They are not responsible because you agreed to their EULA in the first hand, which clearly states that they only serve the game and aren't responsible if your connection is bad/broken/ISP is filtering you. Some other companies will just tell you to contact your ISP to resolve this and they were nice enough to try to help you.

Second, since you said it was port related, it depends on how they coded the game. If they thought of this ahead of time and used a global variable for the port, it can be fixed, but not that easily. First, they'll need to give instructions to player to modify the config file to change the port client side. IF they didn'y put the port variable in a config, then they'll have to modify the client for it to seek the port in the config file, this isn't that hard to fix if they coded it properly and everything is delocalized(meaning the port value is stored in a single name value, like $Port for instance, and that all functions sending datas to the server use that value.). If not, then it will be hell for them to code. This is only the fix client side, and this is without any testing they'll be needing to do.

Server side, this is where this gets ugly. Same story as above , if the servers were made to accept other ports, sure, otherwise, crap. Also, they'll obviously need to secure that new open port and make sure no exploit can be made on it.

EDIT: Finally, these kinds of port problem are usually affecting a very small minority of the population. You could fix it on your own if you contacted your ISP and told them to lift the filtering of ports on your connection. Most ISP will accept. They have a LOT of other stuff to fix on this game that will keep affect a bigger part of the population and keep more customers in the game.

Sorry to tell you this, but unless this is affection hundreds of people, you'll have to wait a couple of weeks at least.

• MystlynxMystlynx Rochester, MNPosts: 68Member Uncommon

Looks like points 1, 2, 3 and 4 are directed at PVP.  In the pve portion of the game, they aren't really an issue.

1.  I have grouped up for short periods of time to accomplish certain missions, so can't speak to this one.  Have never experienced it.  Although, even solo, you can get stuck in a mode where you don't regen your health when the fight is over.

2.  This must be PVP oriented.  As of yet, I haven't encountered a build I would call nonviable.  The travel powers all get you from point A to point B faster than if you just run normally.  Have to say they are working.

3.  This one is good, as I happen to have a guns/dual blades character with swinging as a travel power.  Has been working well.  At level 15 right now, haven't even seen the need to pick a defensive power yet.  Again, op is probably speaking only of PVP.

4.  My pure might build melee character is my highest, almost to level 21.  And totally rocks.  Again, I am sure OP is refering to just the PVP aspect of the game.  As far as I know, trying to PVP with pure melee is a bust.

5.  Yep, would be nice to have that working.

6.  I am okay with this one too.  Most games with a tutorial zone/area/experience offer it as an option.

I am not knocking his points.  I just felt that there needed to be some balance.  A lot of what he finds troublesome only exists in the one aspect of the game.  For people that are more pve oriented, the first few issues don't really apply to day to day gameplay.

• t0nydt0nyd Evansville, INPosts: 198Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Mystlynx

Looks like points 1, 2, 3 and 4 are directed at PVP.  In the pve portion of the game, they aren't really an issue.
    1.  I have grouped up for short periods of time to accomplish certain missions, so can't speak to this one.  Have never experienced it.  Although, even solo, you can get stuck in a mode where you don't regen your health when the fight is over.
     The problem is an obvious one and I am not sure why they overlooked it. If anyone in your team is in combat, it puts you in combat, therefore auto-regen will not occur due to you being in combat, when your not actually in combat.
    2.  This must be PVP oriented.  As of yet, I haven't encountered a build I would call nonviable.  The travel powers all get you from point A to point B faster than if you just run normally.  Have to say they are working.
      If you mess with PvP at all, you will notice that melee struggles. Melee struggling is mainly due to min/maxers. You will notice 2 main forms of travel power used 90% of the time, this being flight and teleport. A non-viable build in PvP would be any build thats solely melee OR does not have a defensive passive. With no defensive passive, you will be focus fired and destroyed in seconds. This basically makes other slotted passives ill suited for pvp.
    3.  This one is good, as I happen to have a guns/dual blades character with swinging as a travel power.  Has been working well.  At level 15 right now, haven't even seen the need to pick a defensive power yet.  Again, op is probably speaking only of PVP.
      This is mainly PvP, which I obviously posted PVP in my original post. Alsom I said gun and single blade. Dual blades is decent, single blade is totally gimp. Obviously, some power sets are far better than others...
    4.  My pure might build melee character is my highest, almost to level 21.  And totally rocks.  Again, I am sure OP is refering to just the PVP aspect of the game.  As far as I know, trying to PVP with pure melee is a bust.
    5.  Yep, would be nice to have that working.
    6.  I am okay with this one too.  Most games with a tutorial zone/area/experience offer it as an option.
    I am not knocking his points.  I just felt that there needed to be some balance.  A lot of what he finds troublesome only exists in the one aspect of the game.  For people that are more pve oriented, the first few issues don't really apply to day to day gameplay.
     So are you saying that since the first few issues dont apply to you, that they do not matter?

• majochmajoch Olympic Peninsula, WAPosts: 599Member

I'm kind of doing the #6 over and over.  It's definently more fun making alts or messing around with the character creator at this moment.  So far none of the builds I have made seem very super heroish to me.