Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

gameguard error:114

siilentsiilent Member Posts: 25

??? ?????????? ??????? ???????/

is all the error message says. wtf?

Comments

• heimer1973heimer1973 Member Posts: 93

Hehehe been getting that one as well :)

• DargokDargok Member Posts: 14

I have as well

All your MMOs are belong to me.

• gwarbott22gwarbott22 Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by siilent

??? ?????????? ??????? ???????/

is all the error message says. wtf?

i got that message when gameguard did not load up right my cause was my antivurus ( avg ) resident shield part i disabled it loaded fine after.

• siilentsiilent Member Posts: 25

anyone know how to fix it?

• linrenlinren Member Posts: 578

Launch NCsoft launcher. 

Click cancel on the patch progress bar. 

Then right click the tab next to Aion.

Choose "Check for update".  A small patch will update your client to from version 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.0.3.

Should solve your problem, this was posted in many threads too btw. @.@ I just repeat it for fun over the last 3 days.

• DachandeDachande Member Posts: 2

I have the same problem, and I've tried every "fix" out there. My firewall is turned off, my client is 1.5.0.3, I've reinstalled, etc... Nothing works for me.

Originally posted by linren

Launch NCsoft launcher. 
    Click cancel on the patch progress bar. 
    Then right click the tab next to Aion.
    Choose "Check for update".  A small patch will update your client to from version 1.5.0.1 to 1.5.0.3.
    Should solve your problem, this was posted in many threads too btw. @.@ I just repeat it for fun over the last 3 days.

My client version is 1.5.0.3 and after firewall disable / exceptions, disabling my anti-virus   I still receive this error

• 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390

same 

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339

If you're on Vista then try temporarily disabling UAC (via Control Panel>Users).  It will ask you to reboot - you don't need to so it should only take a few seconds.

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

that error code is because of gameguard and your antivirus running interference. To get past this on Vista, simply rightclick the icon, be it desktop or start menu, and select "run as administrator". No problems after that. You don't have to go off disabling antivirus, firewalls, or even your basic Windows security. Hopefully this will be the last time someone with vista complains about it :)

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

Then disable AV too then try, don't worry, anti-virus down doesn't mean virus just comes in, doesn't work that way.

If it is a Gameguad issue there are ways to set exceptions, but first see if you can get in, since it might not because of AV.

Edit:  In addition, if the launcher auto update doesn't move, press cancel, then choose "check for update" again, if the bottom left says.  Ready for play, and also shows you patched it, then you should be able to launch the game.

Thanks to the person above, yeah I keep forgetting admin privlege is needed.  I always run on admin so never really had issue with that.

• BayonetReconBayonetRecon Member UncommonPosts: 128

I get the same thing.

Windows XP, made sure the version of Aion was up to date, etc.

After a few minutes trying to make a character it shuts down.

Didn't have this problem in Closed Beta.

Originally posted by BayonetRecon

I get the same thing.

Shut down as in crash? or it force you to exit the game?

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

bump for justice!

if anyone else is having this error try the solutions mentioned

I had to completely uninstall BitDefender to get passed this error, so it definitely is something do to with AV software.

• FunkyLasagneFunkyLasagne Member Posts: 339

If it is a Gameguad issue there are ways to set exceptions...

Which are?

• siilentsiilent Member Posts: 25

gives me a new error now about gameguard is closing in the middle of playing

• joseph567joseph567 Member CommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by siilent

gives me a new error now about gameguard is closing in the middle of playing

same here.  it has to be because of the 1.5 patch because i had no problems at all during CB.

• greed0104greed0104 Member Posts: 2,134

Originally posted by BayonetRecon

I get the same thing.

Shut down as in crash? or it force you to exit the game?

He might be getting the same thing I'm getting. Basically you get a error box saying "The Game or GameGaurd was modified" then the game closes out about 20 sec after the box appears. It does it every 5 minutes then I gotta restart the client and continue repeating the process.

• heimer1973heimer1973 Member Posts: 93

Running the launcher as admin under vista fixed the problem right up for me .... so give it a try if u havent.

bump

personally i think this should be stickyed for a little while..