Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i14 ruined the game - wtg

MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

now everyone lives in the AE - in cap au - everyone farms these crappy missions that players built - they put a bunch of easy to kill mobs together in clumps one after another.... the group kills moves, kills moves kills moves level level level level level level and done.

The game has completely lost all of it's fun, all of it's challenge, explorability...end game...everything...I've never seen a single update coming out that has ruined a game as hardcore as i14... dammit

Comments

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

You dont have to play those missions.  I think player made  missions are some of the best ever.  If I get one thats an obvious farm just quit and move to the next.  You can sort by ratings and read the description before playing.  The farm missions are so so boring let them play it and level if they want to.   You get more points per time played doing the contacts missions because of the end bonus plus there are drops.  They did Not remove or change anything else when impimenting the Architec so how can anything be ruined?   I remember teams of players running thru cities hunting everything in site which is like the farming only there is drops.  I dont see the big deal with this farming issue.  It doesnt effect anyone but the farmer.  Hell some people pay to have there character leveled for them, I think thats worste then farming but then again so what.   There are so many great missions in the Archetec to care about the farming is a waste of time.   Just play the highly rated missions with some substance in the detail and you should have some great experiences.   Have fun.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• MentatMentat Member UncommonPosts: 516

I see your counter point - although it's a typical argument. I couldn't find a group to do anything other than AE at the time I posted this - I don't know if things have changed now but, with everyone staying in that one building it made the game completely lame for me.

i14 took away the exploration factor entirely. very very weak...

• PapaB34RPapaB34R Member Posts: 300

Although I agree completely with the OP and would go to the lenght saying player made missions are just major farms, at lvl 35 or so you get nearly double XP for the 52lvl missions.

Adding XP to the player made content was a mistake, although I find the rest of the game too repetative anyway

• spdkillaspdkilla Member Posts: 111

I tend to agree with the OP. If i say lvl50 inv Brute LFF it takes less than 2 min to get a team (I hate Farms BTW). But then if I say lvl 50 Inv Brute LFT (No Farms PLZ). It may take 1-2 hours to get a team.... The problem IMO is that the players screwed up the intent of I 14. Then again maybe the devs screwed up how it was implemented idk but it needs to be fixed. The devs seemed to fight long against farming (The tank taunt nerf, the blaster nuke nerf, the rikti comm nerf  ...ED etc..). But then they did an about face and maybe not intentionally but they effectively allowed for the BIGGEST farming boon in the history of CoX. Its mind boggling! I will be back when they fix it if CO doesnt have me by then.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Mentat

now everyone lives in the AE - in cap au - everyone farms these crappy missions that players built - they put a bunch of easy to kill mobs together in clumps one after another.... the group kills moves, kills moves kills moves level level level level level level and done.
    The game has completely lost all of it's fun, all of it's challenge, explorability...end game...everything...I've never seen a single update coming out that has ruined a game as hardcore as i14... dammit

I'll say go look at SWG to see an update that killed a game, I14 didn't kill this game, its subscription numbers are I would imagine up since then.

But I agree, although I came back to it to play before champions, and I've used it to level a couple alts after I found out what AE was during my early 30's with my wife and we mainly used that.  But when it comes to running anything else, a TF? doesn't exist, no one is interested.  After you run AE missions to get some levels, sometimes I want to go hunt some badges from arcs, and you can't get a group to help because eveyone has alt-itis right now.

Too bad because pre-i14 I really liked this game - yes, it's repetitive but, it was fun too. Now - not so much - I mean, you farm to 50 then farm tickets then created a new char - rinse repeat...

I hope they do a better job with Aion which actually looks promising...

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

Too bad because pre-i14 I really liked this game - yes, it's repetitive but, it was fun too. Now - not so much - I mean, you farm to 50 then farm tickets then created a new char - rinse repeat...

How about if you don't want to farm then don't, no one's forcing you. I do farm and I never have problems finding teams for regular content, but then again I'm part of a fairly large SG/Guild.

Originally posted by Darkness690

How about if you don't want to farm then don't, no one's forcing you. I do farm and I never have problems finding teams for regular content, but then again I'm part of a fairly large SG/Guild.

you argued my point for me. Basically if you aren't a part of a fairly large interactive SG, it takes hours to find a standard group - my solution - quit the game - there are a million other games out there - this one is ruined. I have high hopes for Aion though. 

• Darkness690Darkness690 Member Posts: 174

Saying this game is ruined, ignorant much? Yes, I'm in a pretty active SG, but I still usually don't have a problem finding teams by other means. Join your servers global channels, many TF's and regular teams are formed a lot on the server I play on, Champion. Though, saying nothing but AE teams are going on is false.

I'm also looking forward to Aion, only another month away!

Originally posted by Darkness690

Saying this game is ruined, ignorant much? Yes, I'm in a pretty active SG, but I still usually don't have a problem finding teams by other means. Join your servers global channels, many TF's and regular teams are formed a lot on the server I play on, Champion. Though, saying nothing but AE teams are going on is false.

I'm also looking forward to Aion, only another month away!

No I don't feel it's ignorant to tell it how it is.

• Pcgamer81Pcgamer81 Member Posts: 186

Yeah AE has hurt the game but from what i hear update 16 will take step foward to fixing it. also on virtue on hero side i have np getting TF with my healer but then again i guess healers are high demand.

• neorandomneorandom Member Posts: 1,681

what ruinded this game for me, as both a hero and a villain, was that after going thru char creation, and the first 10-20 levels, i still wasnt super in any way, i had super powers on paper, i was completely lack luster and unimpressive in combat, as every single class.

i could walk into a room of 5 ordinary punks with 9mm lead bullet shooting pistols, and get hurt/die.  hardly very super for a tank type with super str/invulnerability.

just hoping dc universe gives us powers that feel super when used on pissant mobs.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

I shall call you...Necromancer....

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

This topic was a pile of bones man. Your Rez skill must be over 9000!

Oh BTW how did Aion turn out for you all?

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Originally posted by bartoni33

This topic was a pile of bones man. Your Rez skill must be over 9000!

Oh BTW how did Aion turn out for you all?

I don't know what this comment means or the "necromancer" comment but, I was raging because a game that I enjoyed very much basically had the heart and soul ripped right out.

Never touched Aion

Discovered League of Legends and went back to WoW for Cata which is pretty fun for the moment.

I guess Champions and DC Universe are going to pick up where this dead thing left off.