Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP content and PVP server.

RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

I heard Guild wars 2 will be more an mmorpg then a Co-RPG like the 1st one. Is that mean we will also get pve and pvp server?

I left guild wars 1 early because it was the kind of pvp i didnt enjoy. What i like about pvp is pking. Having the right to kill players for no reason, everywhere we want in the world instead of a special instance made for that. I hated that it was arena style like wow and me, i play mmorpg's for pvp only. So, how do you think the pvp world will be. I want to be able to pvp anywhere i want, no exeption and the only thing that should stop me are guards in city or towns only. Then, with a guild, i should be able to kill all the guards and harass the town just like in wow.

What about the risk vs reward of GW? I know there wont be full loot, but any kind of risk and reward is what i like about a mmorpg with pvp. I didnt like wow because you had no risk in wow. Only honor rewards and the gears that come with it.

What about PVP warfare. There will be any? Warhammer had RVR for exemple. What guild wars will have? Please, dont include those lame Arena or BG's like wow because i would rather play a fps game like battlefield in that case. I want unpredictable pvp, declaring war system, building housing or castle guild, siege other guild castle, be a pirate on the sea with a boat raiding other guild boat and somethings like that. My dream for an mmorpg and thats why Darkfall is what i play.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

Comments

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

This probably isn't the game for you then.

It will have a similar arena style pvp that the first game had. It was also have a section of World PvP, details aren't really known about that though. Here is a quote about that.

"In addition, there's also a new World PvP system, which lets you use your PvE character and equipment to play against other people on a more open battlefield, the Mists. "It's very casual PvP where you can gain levels and have ten-on-one fights or 100-on-20 fights or whatever, where everything flows naturally on the battlefield and there's no limits to how many players can be involved," elaborates Flannum, though the team can't go into specifics about exactly how players will gain access to the Mists."

I don't think this will have what you are looking for though.

• Silverthorn8Silverthorn8 Member UncommonPosts: 510

Stay with darkfall then. From what I hear the game is populated with people of your ilk!

• tro44_1tro44_1 Member Posts: 1,819

Just think, LoTRO with the only World PvP being in its own Zone like a Large "Lake Wintergrade" from WoW.

The Game is going have a PvE world.

All PvP will be handled elsewhere "yes I dislike that to"

Instanced PvP will be Balanced "Gear and LvL wised" like the first game. The Mist will be where the World PvP takes place.

And so far we know that it wont be Faction based like other games, It will be World Vs World,

but this can all change

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Thx for your reply. I might buy it anyway, since the game is free so NCsoft, you can eat my money, but i might stop playing early since i dont see the end game pvp to be like a world pvp. Rather then that, it will be an instanced pvp so dont count me in.

Anyway, each mmorpg i play, when i do quests, i dont even read them, i click fast and do the quest to gain exp the fastest way possible so if its an other quest with load of quest, its not for me.

So yeah, i think i should go back to darkfall, waiting for MO and rather then do Guild wars BG's, i will play warcraft 3 dota and each match, i will start from lvl 1 to the end game items and win.

• GennadiosGennadios Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Silverthorn8

Stay with darkfall then. From what I hear the game is populated with people of your ilk!

Now now, a bit too harsh.

The answer is "Yes, BUT". There won't be PvP/PvE servers, what there will be is a PvE metagame, where you quest and craft and do all other PvE related stuff.

There will also be a place called The Mists. You enter the area, your char will be instantly promoted to max level and it will be but one large battlefield.

They're not releasing very much info, and the explicit information they did give us is about 2 years old, but they were planning on an area with no defined parties. If you want to mob up, or go in with your guild, you can assault fortresses or whatever large targets are available. If you're solo, you can opt to protect or do guerilla assaults on supply caravans, and that sort of stuff.

Now, we don't quite know how large this mist area will be, but it is promised to be more than 12v12, and the general impression is that it will be quite large.

There wont be PvP servers because All World PvP as you know it, will be in the Mist, which is known to be a giant Zone for World PvP. This area will be effected by Character development. Instanced PvP will not.

• VowOfSilenceVowOfSilence Member UncommonPosts: 565

it saddens me a bit that there's no open-world PvP planned.

I love arena PvP, but I'd love some unpredictable open PvP along with PvE as well ^^

Hype train -> Reality

• chadatogchadatog Member Posts: 8

The pve and pvp have always been separate in Guild Wars.  The only difference will be for this one the inclusion of a World PvP (an expansion of the faction PvP I think) and that you won't be rolling a pvp specific toon, rather you will be able to outfit your pve character in the pvp areas with any skills, armor, or weapons.

• MrdirtyMrdirty Member Posts: 13

i dont think there is much they can do with world pvp, mostly because no factions in GW2.  For me this is fine though.  I would give up world pvp if it means balanced servers.  Thing i hated about wow was that servers always had one dominate faction, so ppl on the losing side would just switch to another server.

Originally posted by Mrdirty

i dont think there is much they can do with world pvp, mostly because no factions in GW2.  For me this is fine though.  I would give up world pvp if it means balanced servers.  Thing i hated about wow was that servers always had one dominate faction, so ppl on the losing side would just switch to another server.

No need faction. Guild system like AOC, when you 1st get in the game and get asked to join a random guild is a good idea. That way, you will see those who will help you and those who will fight you. If you did play aoc in a pvp server from lvl 1 to 20, you can see what i mean. When a player is not in a guild, something will pop up on his screen saying that if he want to join that guild.

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050
    Originally posted by arenasb

It will have a similar arena style pvp that the first game had. It was also have a section of World PvP, details aren't really known about that though. Here is a quote about that.
    "In addition, there's also a new World PvP system, which lets you use your PvE character and equipment to play against other people on a more open battlefield, the Mists. "It's very casual PvP where you can gain levels and have ten-on-one fights or 100-on-20 fights or whatever, where everything flows naturally on the battlefield and there's no limits to how many players can be involved," elaborates Flannum, though the team can't go into specifics about exactly how players will gain access to the Mists."

It doesn't sound very promising to be honest..

But let's wait and see - maybe there is more to it - I really hope it won't be a pve focused game..

Well if you have played Guild Wars nothing really will change as far as pvp is concerned. Well there will be an extra option in the Mists realm. If people are expecting a FFA pvp like in Darkfall or AoC (pvp server) then you will be disappointed.

BTW, Guild Wars has become more pve focused over the years so this is no surprise.

• Originally posted by Draccan

Originally posted by arenasb

It doesn't sound very promising to be honest..

But let's wait and see - maybe there is more to it - I really hope it won't be a pve focused game..

the pvp is going to run the pve.  you win at world pvp your whole pve world will benefit.

Originally posted by Gennadios

Originally posted by Silverthorn8

Now now, a bit too harsh.

The answer is "Yes, BUT". There won't be PvP/PvE servers, what there will be is a PvE metagame, where you quest and craft and do all other PvE related stuff.

There will also be a place called The Mists. You enter the area, your char will be instantly promoted to max level and it will be but one large battlefield.

They're not releasing very much info, and the explicit information they did give us is about 2 years old, but they were planning on an area with no defined parties. If you want to mob up, or go in with your guild, you can assault fortresses or whatever large targets are available. If you're solo, you can opt to protect or do guerilla assaults on supply caravans, and that sort of stuff.

Now, we don't quite know how large this mist area will be, but it is promised to be more than 12v12, and the general impression is that it will be quite large.

From what I read, the Mist is LvL and Gear effected. The Instanced PvP isnt, and will be LvL/ Gear Balanced.

Guild wars 2 will be popular for one reason, its free. Even if it will be more an mmorpg this tme rather then a co-rpg. there still many reason on why guildwars 2 will never get a p2p. Because They dont think about the long term player base. At end game, what can they do? Wait teal the next expansion like guild wars 1? Do PVP by capturing flags, BG's like wow, 40 vs 40 or any kind of stuff that we usually find in an fps shoot em up game? What kind of end game can a game like guild wars have?

From the information im gathering, even if the devs claim that guild wars 2 will be an mmorpg and not a co-rpg, to me, its just an other RPG game with an online feature comparable to diablo 3.

So the question is do you think guild wars 2 can compete with diablo 3? I dont think so because even diablo 2 had a great end game. You do a lot of pvp and you can download millions of mods made by fans. So you can expect any great end game for diablo 3.

Guild wars devs name their game as an mmorpg just because they wanted more hype and add their game to this site, mmorpg.com.

Nice opinion there based on nothing. Read the FAQ on Guild Wars 2 please.

• bad troll

troll is bad

• Leg3nd4ry1Leg3nd4ry1 Member Posts: 39

guild wars has always been about competitive and fair pvp. They are going to have some large scale pvp that they say may last hours or even days with people coming and going, that may be more to your liking but i doubt they will add a pvp server as it uses a similar district system as in gw1, only it encompasses the entire gameworld with people being able to freely change between them. would kinda suck to accdently change districts and get killed not realizing it was a pvp district lol. GW has always wanted pvp to be fair and competitive rather than just random killing.