Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEW expansion announced Cataclysm!!!

124»

Comments

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Arskaaa

Same old same old. Its nice they update game a bit but its still same. played WoW 4 year and im full of it already. no new classes:/ only mixing skills/classes

I juste watched that little trailer showing Gilneas. Heck, it all even LOOKS all the same in this game.

• AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by shhwolf17

Originally posted by Computer1337

Im kinda surprised they annoucned this sense Wrath of the Lich King was just released, but anyways, I think it will add some exciting stuff to the game.

I think its cuz they knew that WOFLK was doing badly and they were losing some people and felt that a new expansion that would be much more different, new landscape and races would be much better than a new class since BC did much better than WOLK and what did they provide??? new landscape AND new races, but not a new class/hero...so I think blizzard realized that and began working on this immediately to help recruit the old ex-players back to ol' wow with new contexts, races, and landscapes...

Yeah, wow is doing terrible right now.  Nobody wants to play it.  Thats' why I'm sitting in a queue on a freakin tuesday night to get into my medium population server.     That's why Wintergrasp has a queue almost every 2.5 hours with 200 people waiting to fight.  That's why Blizzard had to add more servers to handle " cannot launch more instances at this time" because tons of players are running dungeons.

Every indication... WG, Instances, and even the overall server is PACKED with players.   And I am on Fenris, which is a very medium population server.

Not bad for a 5 year old game.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Dont worry Alandora Aion is coming those Queue times will be decreased greatly in the coming months

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866
    Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by cybertrucker

Dont worry Alandora Aion is coming those Queue times will be decreased greatly in the coming months

Hopefully, so we are freed from those pesky guys publishing on the Wow forums to recruit for a Korean loreless copycat. But helas, as seen before it will only last a few weeks.

Blizzard will be in real trouble when Cat will launch Alandora. Indeed I never saw queing lines that long in full summer, so expect the new expansion as WOW2 attract all players as fly to shit.

If you thought you can complain of the present down time due to "too many instances launched", what will it be with CAT as WOW2?

Edit: btw; the massively played Heroics these days, show ONE thing: the VAST majority of players WANTS a casual friendly game with a rather easy pace and "play 30 minutes" in the time THEY decide.

So it shows Blizzard was right all along by also catering for its casual p(l)aying public. As long as they also include the hard modes, everybody happy.

Hard mode instances dont cure anything .Whats needed is hard mode servers for people who want to have a bit more challenge from  the game . The Changes that Blizzard brought in to make the game easier proberbly wont be reversed . So untill that happens its a revamp that tinkers around a bit but does nt offer much insentive to people who are unhappy with the current state of the game . If it truely was WOW 2 the changes would be a more extensive . Most sequals tend to offer improved graphics . The Cataclysm does nt .

The thing thats most clear about the Cataclysm is that people that still enjoy the game are going to think its the best thing ever . If they dont then they see it as Blizzard messing around with the cosmetics rather than the real issues .

• shakermaker0shakermaker0 Member UncommonPosts: 194

It shows how smart Blizzard are, I doubt we will ever see a WoW 2 as MMO sequels are pretty much doomed to failure or split audiences. Using the old world is really clever, most games collapse under the weight of their own expansion after so many years, just take a look at any veteran MMO right now, the game world is too big to sustain even if it had a big population, also it actually bring  a layer of immersion, you know things are actually changing within the world rather than being static.

Looks quite interesting and I am a casual WoW player, not a fan boy, trolls F off.