Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server?

ArnoagnsArnoagns Member Posts: 100

I'm looking for a server that will fit well with me and my playing style. I honestly want to avoid AE as much as possible, if that even is possible. I just want to find a good community of mature adults; at least a pretty decent ratio with your typical "e-jerk" on the other side. Thank you for your help in advance :).

John Turner

Comments

• ShamorauShamorau Member UncommonPosts: 181

I play on Freedom. it is never that bad. you get the guys who want to spend all there time in the AE, but you get a fair mix of people doing the normal stuff. Only rarely have i run across the jerk that you mentioned, everyone else is pretty cool.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

I remember Virtue and Freedom being the top servers,but its been a year or so since I have played.

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

Freedom isn't generally the forum you'd want if you're trying to avoid AE and all that goes with it.  It's certainly one of the more populous servers, but with that comes the grand masses of AE teams and farming.

Virtue might be more up your alley I suppose, that is, of course as long as you don't have a problem with RPers.  Justice is also typically a pretty good server with a decent population, though it's gone a bit down since AE came out, though I think that's happened to most of the servers (though I can't speak from experience for any of the other ones out there).

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

its been awhile what is AE again?

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by hehenep

Freedom isn't generally the forum you'd want if you're trying to avoid AE and all that goes with it.  It's certainly one of the more populous servers, but with that comes the grand masses of AE teams and farming.
    Virtue might be more up your alley I suppose, that is, of course as long as you don't have a problem with RPers.  Justice is also typically a pretty good server with a decent population, though it's gone a bit down since AE came out, though I think that's happened to most of the servers (though I can't speak from experience for any of the other ones out there).

Agreed, Justice is a good server with decent population but is still small enough that the number of jerks is minimal. Make sure you join the Chat channels "JFA2010" and "Chrome Support" because that is where people will advertise a lot of non-AE activites like task forces, ship raids, hami raids, ect.

@Zaylin: AE = Architect Entertainment. Its where people create their own missions/story arcs. In theory a good idea, sadly abused by a lot of players for mindless powerleveling and farming.

• hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

The 'Justice for All' channel is also a huge general channel for Justice teams and such (JFA2010 is an offshoot I think), though there's a chance it might be full.

• RaltarRaltar Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by hehenep

The 'Justice for All' channel is also a huge general channel for Justice teams and such (JFA2010 is an offshoot I think), though there's a chance it might be full.

The original Justice For All channel is full, yes, so nobody new can join it anymore. JFA2010 is made by the same guy who runs the orginal JFA and he has asked everyone the switch over to the new channel. I thought it was weird at first too but I read a post he made on the official forums and it makes sense.

• AmarsirAmarsir Member UncommonPosts: 703

People point to Freedom as the most populated server (a self-fulfilling prophecy) but I don't think that's necessarily what you want. All servers have a decent population, and it's long been referred to as "FreeDumb" for a reason. (The reason it's the most populated is simply because it was the first one created. Virtue was second, then they added the rest at the same time.)

Right now I have to give the nod for "friendliest server" to Infinity. Teams I find - villain or heroside - are casual yet competent, and generally fun to be on. Other servers are ok too, most of the jerks have moved on to other games. But that's the one I think I would recommend the most.

Currently playing:
    DC Universe
    Planetside 2
    Magic Online
    Simunomics, the Massive Multiplayer Economic Simulation Game. Play for free.

• iamconqueriamconquer Member UncommonPosts: 22

well i prefer you play on freedom since it is the most populated server. But as for AE(the thing where you can create your own missions for the dude that asked what it was) i heard it was going to be nerfed in i16 so yea :P