Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I Dare You To Name 1 MMO That Is Better Than Runes of Magic!

giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember Posts: 118

If you say World of Warcraft, you just expound your need and/or desire to be slapped with wet noodle. :)

Feel free to explain why?  Although we love lists without explanations.  It feeds the fire in all of us.

Comments

• STFUStiggySTFUStiggy Member Posts: 55

Aion. I triple dog dare you to go up to the next ice cream truck you see and ask the guy to let you in the back so he can give you a spanking. YOU WONT!

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

EVE Onlne

- sci fi

- total freedom

- no classes

- do whatever you want, and train any skill you want

- mining, exploration, combat, smuggling, player owned stations, sovereignty control, multitude of weapons/ewar/etc

- no confinement

- build alliances, corps, or pirate syndicates

i could go on, but you get the idea :P

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Hello Kitty Online

• DrChickenDrChicken Member Posts: 263

This begs an even better question: "Who gives a shit?"

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

Lord of the Rings Online? The graphics are far superb, the story is... well, there is one. The crafting is also better, the Legendary Weapon system is just awesome. The mount don't require I pay extra money, the world is bigger, there's more of a variation from the race/class combinations, character creation is deeper.

EVE Online? The graphics, are, again, better, the world is much more open, there's more to do, more choice all around. The crafting is FAR better, the combat is more exciting. There's way more depth at character creation and the world, is also, far bigger. Along with the player-run economy and politics.

I just can't believe a Correspondent from MMORPG.com would create something I could only call a troll post. Asking people to argue a game against RoM? It's all a matter of opinion, and when you start aruging their opinion you get debates, when you said parties aren't nearly as smart as they should be and don't cite anything or type full words, you have arguements. Those beginning posts that almost seems to purposly create such a situation on an online forum board, tend to be called troll posts. Correct me if this is not such a post.

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

You gotta be kidding me? Atlantica online, since there both free you cant complain and if you want a p2p game i can list alot.

Edit: @nick, he dosent work for MMORPG.com, he works for runes of magic.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

EVE.

Real risk vs reward PVP where it is just as, if not more important to make sure you don't die while killing your opponent.

Meaningful crafting.

Excellent political drama and epic battles between corporations and alliances for control of game territory.

All the ISK buying the world will not make you a better player, unlike in ROM where he who cash-shops the best usually wins.

Wormholes/Wormhole space - read this excellent guide created by a player if you want to see how amazing EVE is sometimes. (most players don't even know this stuff)

www.fiercewebs.com/arcdragon/EverythingWormhole.pdf

Great PVE. OK, just kidding, ROM certainly wins this one hands down.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by miagisan

EVE Onlne
    - sci fi
    - total freedom
    - no classes
    - do whatever you want, and train any skill you want
    - mining, exploration, combat, smuggling, player owned stations, sovereignty control, multitude of weapons/ewar/etc
    - no confinement
    - build alliances, corps, or pirate syndicates

i could go on, but you get the idea :P

What he/she said

lets add a few more,

-research

-manufactoring

-invention

-wormholes

-free to do whatever you want (yes again)

-not confined by classes.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640

SWG!

pre-cu that is

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

I have to say Aion.

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

EQ1/EQ2

-PvE

-Community

-Gameplay

-Story [ Eq2 ]

-PvP

-Raids, yes that goes in PvE but the raids are just weeeeeee xD

-About a jillion and a half expansions.

Oh wait! Theres more?! Why yes! there is!

Aion!

-graphics

-gameplay

-community

-performance

-PvP

-PvE

- Customization of characters

Oh wait! theres more again?!

AoC

-gameplay

-scenery

-PvP

-PvE

-Storyline

Yeps... 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• virrevirre Member Posts: 68
    Originally posted by qbangy32

Dofus, nuff said.

Especially the heroic server! ;>

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by giantsquid

If you say World of Warcraft, you just expound your need and/or desire to be slapped with wet noodle. :)
    Feel free to explain why?  Although we love lists without explanations.  It feeds the fire in all of us.

i think one can come back at you and ask "why is runes of magic better than other games".

I downloaded it and couldn't get past a few levels as it felt like a poor mans' wow. I mean, the art design is definitely inspired by that same colorful, cartoony style.

But if there is something more there then by all means you should list them. Because you give no lists nor do you give explanations.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

in the same f2p model

Requiem

-blood

-gore

-rolling heads

:)

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Originally posted by Sovrath

i think one can come back at you and ask "why is runes of magic better than other games".

I downloaded it and couldn't get past a few levels as it felt like a poor mans' wow. I mean, the art design is definitely inspired by that same colorful, cartoony style.

But if there is something more there then by all means you should list them. Because you give no lists nor do you give explanations.

i couldn't agree more. I've played both games and if i had to make a choice between the 2 games... I'd pick WoW. I'd even take shadowbane in all its blunder over RoM.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by synn

i couldn't agree more. I've played both games and if i had to make a choice between the 2 games... I'd pick WoW. I'd even take shadowbane in all its blunder over RoM.

Thats why this thread is pretty pointless,  its based on everyones opinions, so in actuallity I can name 10 games better then RoM.. I can even name 2 games on the super nintendo better then RoM....   would've been better to say what makes RoM great then whats better than it.

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726

pretty much every other mmo.

• thaniththanith Member Posts: 144

if you mean a microtransaction game, i can give none because i do not play one.

If you include p2p, every game i played in the past including the ones i gave up or threw in the trash bin is better:

DAOC, EQ, UO, Vanguard, WoW

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ya same here,its a great game but after having spent 3 years in wow .i had enough of wow (espacially since cataclysm will make us come back ,might as well enjoy something else

• giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember Posts: 118

The replies are terrific, thank you.

I think my favorite aspect of all these replies, is in the wonderful way some have described their preferred games.  Some of you should think about going into advertising(and there's big money in advertising).

I think I just made my list of next games to try out.

Feel free to keep posting, I'll continue to read.

Thanks again everyone.

• giantsquidgiantsquid Runes of Magic CorrespondentMember Posts: 118
    Originally posted by Gabby-air

You gotta be kidding me? Atlantica online, since there both free you cant complain and if you want a p2p game i can list alot.
    Edit: @nick, he dosent work for MMORPG.com, he works for runes of magic.

I "work" for neiter.  My name is Jeremy Stratton, and you will find a link to my personal blog in my signature below.  There, I tell you a small bio on my "about me" page.

I'm a freelance writer, and have been writing as a "correspondent" for MMORPG.com's RoM section.

• PocahinhaPocahinha Member UncommonPosts: 550

Dark and light lol

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

World of Warcraft.

Runes of Magic tries very hard to be like WoW, but it's just not as good...

I am prepared for the wet noodle slappage.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

The replies are terrific, thank you.
    I think my favorite aspect of all these replies, is in the wonderful way some have described their preferred games.  Some of you should think about going into advertising(and there's big money in advertising).
    I think I just made my list of next games to try out.
    Feel free to keep posting, I'll continue to read.
    Thanks again everyone.

So essentially you are trolling and are not interested in discussing your premise.

edit: ok, I see. what you are actually saying/asking is...

I am playing runes of magic and think it's great. However, I would be curious to know if there are any games that are better and why.

edited for snarkiness ; )

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo