Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over hyped ?

billybob77billybob77 Member UncommonPosts: 5

why is the hype of this game so high ?. .its not even an mmo, and there is almost 0 information about this game yet..

Comments

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206

I hardly hear anything about it, doesn't seem like much hype to me...

Expectations are high for a reason though. ArenaNet came out of nowhere and made an awesome, revolutionary game (payment model and PvP/Arena focus). Through the expansions, they continued to make it an even better game.

Now with open worlds, new ideas, better technology, more experience, and ncSoft refocusing on AAA titles and pouring money into GW2, it's almost certain that GW2 will be a great game.

• CablespiderCablespider Member UncommonPosts: 272

Zero information, huh?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2

Did ever cross your mind that the hype is up because the first one was popular, entertaining and fun to play? Probably not.

• AlbosAlbos Member Posts: 132

Thanks for starting this :) as soon as saw the hype chart and gw2 being 1st with big difference I thought not to visit this site anymore, I remembered playing gw and got so dissappointed and now the sequel has high hype....Just to give you a heads up tho, only reason is cause people are cheap and don't want to pay2play monthly, they prefer to play crapy games and not to pay then an awsome game that charges monthly.

Originally posted by Albos

Thanks for starting this :) as soon as saw the hype chart and gw2 being 1st with big difference I thought not to visit this site anymore, I remembered playing gw and got so dissappointed and now the sequel has high hype....Just to give you a heads up tho, only reason is cause people are cheap and don't want to pay2play monthly, they prefer to play crapy games and not to pay then an awsome game that charges monthly.

That's the dumbest drivel I've seen in a long time.

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162

Well alot of the higher ups at blizzard that made WoW left blizzard and created arena net. So we have the producers that was behind the original WoW on this.

Nuff said.

• majinantmajinant Member UncommonPosts: 418

Lol at you people. Not a mmo? I think you need to go have a look what mmo means.

This game is hyped really high because the first GW was a friggin awesome game, and this one is gonna be much, much better. Now before you go mouthing off, read some information about it. What is is going to contain, features etc!

• dynamo122dynamo122 Member Posts: 162

Oh my goodness.

MMO = Massively multiplayer online.

Now Guild Wars. Is it Massive? Check!   Multiplayer? Check!   Online? Check! I guess it is a mmo!

website is mmorpg not mmo.com and guild wars dont have rpg aspect

• billybob77billybob77 Member UncommonPosts: 5

yeah thats not an mmo, and to answer your question spider, even if alot of people loved gw1.. its not a reason to rate it 9/10 while the game as been announced 2 weeks ago..

Originally posted by Cablespider

Originally posted by Cablespider

That's the dumbest drivel I've seen in a long time.

and you are an idiot ... thats how you argue just talking shit, guess what stfu mofo

Pot...meet Kettle. Say you don't like GW, that's fine. But your little 'heads up' shows just how little your head is.

Dude that game is not even an mmorpg shouldnt even show in this forum, you get level cap (20) in 1 day is not RPG at all, and you can equip 8 skills that sounds more like a fps then rpg, plus gameplay was so ugly even if it was mmorpg I would refuse to play it. By the way you get what you pay and that game offers you what a free monthly game would offer you a pile of shit.

Okay...so you don't like it. Fine. You don't view the game as many others do. That's alright. You do not represent the hype meter though. Just because you say it's crap doesn't make it so. The game has entertained many, many players and as such, the sequel will have a decent following. The OP asked why it's so hyped and that's because the game was a huge success. It all makes sense in the end. You, on the other hand, do not.

Well actually it does. You are playing the role of a character in a  game. RPG.  Man, you are just trying to be difficult for the sake of it aren't you?

Spider i know what it is you and me have total different likes in games, for example your sig has the witcher which i bought 50 dollars and played for 2 days and uninstall it if you want it i will give it to you for free cause its just another pcdvd game that collects dust in my house for no reason.

• billybob77billybob77 Member UncommonPosts: 5

Okay...so you don't like it. Fine. You don't view the game as many others do. That's alright. You do not represent the hype meter though. Just because you say it's crap doesn't make it so. The game has entertained many, many players and as such, the sequel will have a decent following. The OP asked why it's so hyped and that's because the game was a huge success. It all makes sense in the end. You, on the other hand, do not.

its not that i don't like guildwars, yes the game as entertained alot of people, and is still doing so.. but its not the same game.. it was a big success, but it has no connection between gw1 and gw2

Originally posted by majinant

Well actually it does. You are playing the role of a character in a  game. RPG.  Man, you are just trying to be difficult for the sake of it aren't you?

name 1 rpg that yuo get level cap in 1 day please name 1

It doesn't matter how many games are similar or not. The fact remains it is a mmorpg. Just because it is different and you don't like it doesn't change that.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578

Cause you know leveling is the only thing you do in an rpg, ever. Leveling = grind? You prefer grinding? So for you an rpg is a grind.

Anyway, what a useless space of a thread.

Spider i know what it is you and me have total different likes in games, for example your sig has the witcher which i bought 50 dollars and played for 2 days and uninstall it if you want it i will give it to you for free cause its just another pcdvd game that collects dust in my house for no reason.

Look....I don't even play GW. I haven't played it in years. It has nothing to do with likes or dislikes. It all has to do with the popularity of the first game. It's not about you and I. It's about a games loyal following.

And hype does not constitute success. The game could be utter fail for all we know. What we do know is people have faith in the developers due to the success of GW. They are expecting another successful go at this. The changes they are proposing have the fans welcoming it. You're making GW out to be a total failure when it wasn't. It was a failure in your eyes but again, you don't represent the fan base or that hype meter. Popular games tend to have good  followings when sequels are announced. 

Edit: You didn't like The Witcher?! Your loss. Let me guess....it was fail to because you say it is. Please.

• rexkramerrexkramer Member Posts: 28

This is one of the dumbest comments about any game that I've ever read here.

Gamer / Semi-Important Person / Definitely More Important Than You / Wanna Fight About It?

Now Playing: Games, More Games, A Few Games You Don't Play, Do You Really Care What I Play?

• RajenRajen Member Posts: 689

I guess it is a bit hyped at the moment. I always saw Guild Wars as a game I would play when I was bored with my P2P games you know... just one of those games you take out of your pocket every now and then.

Over hyped... a bit I think so, will I be getting it? Yep

• kinidokinido Member UncommonPosts: 429

Any WoW private server; well hell, any private server to any game. OH! and then theres animal crossing, thats an mmo; so i think that qualifies as one ? 

Oh and rpg = role playing game , thus Guild Wars is a TRUE role playing game, seeing as you are playing an exact character that goes through certain stages and scenes in a future and history of the game. So you are playing the role of that hero; however you decide to.

And spell check? anyone? .. please? 

PS - All mammals have nipples.

Get over it already.

• enroniasenronias Member UncommonPosts: 6

This is such a stupid question, we only recently started getting info/video about the game. At least wait till more info is out before you start making trolling posts :P

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

I think it's a bit early to be calling this game 'overhyped'.

It's been in development for years, and we still don't know much more about it now than we did about a year or so ago. They haven't been pushing this game very hard at all, they released 1 animatic which shows a very small amount of game footage.

Arenanet has a pretty steady history of not hyping their games much, and rather letting them speak for themselves.

• MrPhireMrPhire Member Posts: 212

Well that was an irritating read.

Yes Guild Wars was and is a MMORPG. RPG's are defined by a game were you play a charecter through a story. Yes it has both of those features. Darkfall has no leveling system and is a Role Playing Game. Dungeons and Dragons the stuff nerds play in the basement are Role Playing Games. Leveling is a concept to better a charecter through time and dedication allowing him or her to participate in end game content.

I think I already disputed the fact that A-Net/NCsoft West were not officially made by WoW devs. Even if they were they wouldn't be against anything. The majority of higher up Blizz WoW devs were from EQ1 and GamesWorkshop after the first attempt at WAR failed. The new members of Blizz then started WoW using the original design of WAR and went from there replacing specifics.

The game is hyped, because beyond the average stereotypical thought of it's predecessor the game was decent. And what's better is that a lot of people liked the idea. It is definitly one of those rainy day games. Also who ever said it had *expansions* ur mistaken. It had 2 new campaigns and 1 expansion to the original which sparked the though of GW2.

To the person who said GW2 had no link to GW1 your wrong. The Devs are making the game's story 250 years after the original 3 campaigns and expansion. The whole world is made to look oddly familiar. The biggest difference in the games is that the Devs decided to make an persistant world with instances. They still wish to make instanced mission points and gameplay areas, but they want the world to be ran by events occuring. Please just read the current interviews before you slander a game without thinking.

Playing: Guild Wars and Exteel
    Loved: WoW, Guild Wars, FFXI, and Lineage 2
    Liked: Exteel, WAR, and Lineage 1
    Hated:City of Heroes, City of Villians, Matrix Online, Runescape, and D&D Online.
    Waiting For: Aion, Guild Wars 2, FFXIV, and SW:TOR

• illyanaillyana Member UncommonPosts: 614

the question asked by the OP is moot because of the 2 false premises it is based on
    Yes, it is an MMO (though GW1 did many things differently from other MMOs)
    theres plenty of information already, even 2 years ago when it was announced, ie major features (persistence, jumping, Zaxis, etc) and lore for GW2

Have fun storming the castle! - Miracle Max