Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Half-naked Impractical Armor (Female)

I've been looking around at some of the armor artwork used on female models.  There's some pretty wild stuff coming out of the Asian markets, but what about the West?

Any suggestions on western games featuring the best half-naked female warriors?

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

Comments

• Lord_IxiganLord_Ixigan Member Posts: 548

Dunno. Here in the west people like to delude themselves into thinking that we respect women as people rather than sexual objects. Except we all really know that's bs which is why you will probably never see a Western-made mmo that has the kind of hot women those made in the east do.

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Ryzom has some skimpy armor on some of the female toons. Some of the light armor shows butt crack. Some of the medium armor looks like assless chaps with a thong. If you take off your armor, you're left with basically a thong and pasties.

I would say that definitely qualifies as impractical.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• RealmLordsRealmLords Member Posts: 358

Indeed!  This I have to go check out.

Thanks!

Ken

www.ActionMMORPG.com
    One man, a small pile of money, and the screwball idea of a DIY Indie MMORPG? Yep, that's him. ~sigh~

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan

Here in the west people like to delude themselves into thinking that we respect women as people rather than sexual objects.

Is there some reason we necessarily cannot do both?

• JeowanJeowan Member Posts: 79

I respect women as sexual objects.

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

They shouldn't be wearing armor at all they belong in the kitchen.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Wolfenpride

To all the vindictive women out there, I'm willing to sell you Wolfenpride's location for a mere $5 should you wish to exact your revenge upon him befitting Julius Cesar.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

The best way to get sexy armor is to get Oblivion (PC only)  and get some of the sexy armor mods.  And some nude mods.

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

mmos are mostly for men and stuff like half naked females sells well.

so... :P

look around - 99% of ads here in mmorpg.com have females in it. 90% of them are half naked as well.

• AmalaricAmalaric Member Posts: 480

If the games were to be realistic as much as it can in a fantasy setting with medieval influences women wouldn't even be wearing armor as they would be demoted to cooking and cleaning.

But I agree that armor that leaves the belly exposed are pretty stupid and would never have existed in real life or the wearers of such armor would never last for long.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

Seriously though, what are 'pasties'?  In the UK that term refers to a sort of meat and vegetable pie! 

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by Amalaric

But I agree that armor that leaves the belly exposed are pretty stupid and would never have existed in real life or the wearers of such armor would never last for long.

Fantasy game women are far more agile and nimble than their male counterparts and thus do not need a cage of steel around them to avoid taking damage.

There ya go.

:) 

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715
    Originally posted by rikilii

Originally posted by Lord_Ixigan

Here in the west people like to delude themselves into thinking that we respect women as people rather than sexual objects.

Is there some reason we necessarily cannot do both?

Yes because then there would be nothing to have a self righteous tirade about.  I sure as hell know women don't like playing attractive characters themselves. That's just crazy talk. Speaking from personal experience as a male, I make sure to max out the "Gut" and "double chin" slider all the time to make my character as  unattractive as possible.

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988
    Originally posted by Illius

To all the vindictive women out there, I'm willing to sell you Wolfenpride's location for a mere $5 should you wish to exact your revenge upon him befitting Julius Cesar.

/flee's thread

• AnimusChaserAnimusChaser Member Posts: 91

Personally I cant say I'm a big fan of the scantly clad Armour. When I see Armour in a MMO I like to think it actually gives some sort of protection. The Armour you see in some mmo's now days would make you think they are actually just huge magnets and attract the swords and arrows away from all the revealed fleshy parts.

On another note:

Please keep suggestive photo's out of this topic.

Cheers

Animuschaser

Oh Noes Its The Forum Police

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I will have to say the asian companies seem to exploit it far more than what is made here in the west.   At least they don't hide their females.  Can you imagine an Arab MMO, all the females running around in burkas? 

• AmalaricAmalaric Member Posts: 480
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

I will have to say the asian companies seem to exploit it far more than what is made here in the west.   At least they don't hide their females.  Can you imagine an Arab MMO, all the females running around in burkas? 

I don't even think that an Arab MMO would have playable female characters.

But the NPCs would probably have burkas, yes.

• UknownAspectUknownAspect Member Posts: 277

This is a topic I've been seen discussed a lot, and it's something that will always be talked about.

Personally, I think it's more of a reflection of society than we'd like to believe.  Take for example celebrities or hell go back to a high school these days, and it's very easy to tell that most people dress in a way to be attractive.  And as an in-game avatar is merely a reflection of the player in the game, this all seems to make perfect sense.

Of course there are many out there (especially in the mmog market) that break the norm, and would prefer something different.  And I think the resolution to an issue like this lies within the customization aspect of these MMOs.  Perhaps each female armor peice (or male for that matter) could have two or more types of art designs, one revealing and one not.  Games like everquest 2 and Aion, I know have an "appearance" type feature that allows you to keep the stats of one item while having it look like something else.  This would be a step in the right direction.

Whether armor be impractical or not I don't even think should fit into the equation.  I mean, WoW shoulderpads, not to mention that almost all these game worlds take place in a land of elves or deep space, we shouldn't even delve into the matter of practicality.

MMOs played: Horizons, Auto Assault, Ryzom, EVE, WAR, WoW, EQ2, LotRO, GW, DAoC, Aion, Requiem, Atlantica, DDO, Allods, Earth Eternal, Fallen Earth, Rift
    Willing to try anything new

• ilikepiilikepi Member Posts: 4

Any time i see skimpy sexy impractical armor in a game i lose a little respect for the develper. It's not because of my outrage at their degradation of women though. I see those things as blatant attempts to sucker men (and the occasional personal fantasy-fulfilling woman) into playing for wank material instead of for the quality of the gameplay experience. It's a sign that they do not really respect the intelligence of the player - male or female.

• KithcaKithca Member Posts: 118

Where do I pay???

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

lol  -  as always you're on top of things  Illius.   

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

If you play Mount and Blade you'll have no choice but to wear bulky, unflattering armor as a female character in game.   The armor is sorta more for guys so the females boobies are squished and your characters female form is heavily masked by the basic shape of the armor meant to be worn by a man.   Very realistic looking.    Your character still looks female for the most part, but you can tell it is a girl wearing armor meant for men.    You'll wear the armor by the way if you expect to survive in game.   Without it you'll be sliced, smashed, skewerd, pierced, chopped up and ran over.    Armor in M&B works like it is suppsoe to.   It protects the wearer from head to toe.   ^_^

See here.

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by Teala

If you play Mount and Blade you'll have no choice but to wear bulky, unflattering armor as a female character in game.   The armor is sorta more for guys so the females boobies are squished and your characters female form is heavily masked by the basic shape of the armor meant to be worn by a man.   Very realistic looking.    Your character still looks female for the most part, but you can tell it is a girl wearing armor meant for men.    You'll wear the armor by the way if you expect to survive in game.   Without it you'll be sliced, smashed, skewerd, pierced, chopped up and ran over.    Armor in M&B works like it is suppsoe to.   It protects the wearer from head to toe.   ^_^
    See here.

You still playing M&B Teala? Good on ya!

• EarthgirlEarthgirl Member UncommonPosts: 97

They should add a few extra "clothing" slots which allow you to cover your armour by wearing a robe, pants or dress of some sort over it, most women do not like seeing their character running around in thongs.

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

lmao that's some funny s*** right there.