Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Open Beta Now Open for All!

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Most Open Beta tests these days are really more "open" than open, and Champions Online was no different. Today is a different day, however!

In an announcement made on the official Champions Online website, the Open Beta has gone fully open, so if you're curious about the game (but not enough to preorder or subscriber to Fileplanet), you can now go ahead and give it a spin!

You will still need a regular FilePlanet account, but you do NOT have to be a subscriber this time. Head on over to FilePlanet to get started. Some additional instructions are required, and you can find them here.

Comments

• thaassassinthaassassin Member Posts: 5

Nice i am downloading beta right now

• nekollxnekollx Member Posts: 570

i also put the file up as a torrent if anyone prefers/has fileplanet woes (but you still need a beta key!)

This is a pretty good idea, with a fully open Beta a LOT (and i mean more then are going to subscribe) are going to hit the game. That means sme serious stress testing. If they can survive the beta assault launch day will be no problem.

• brad813brad813 Member Posts: 103

Finally, a chance to trial this game.  It better be good if it is to stand up to the City of Heroes legacy.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

All I get is Server down, has the open beta or serve been closed for -said amount of time- ?

• BuckaramaBuckarama Member Posts: 48

They are still pulling there server is only open for pre set times last I knew.

Originally posted by Buckarama

They are still pulling there server is only open for pre set times last I knew.

would you happen to know when or where i could find the info. ive searched all over the main site for info, but to no evale. and ty for the info too :)

• ThrawlThrawl Member Posts: 271

Server seems to be up I'm in qeue

Our spirit was here long before you

Long before us

And long will it be after your pride brings you to your end

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585
    Originally posted by zaylin

All I get is Server down, has the open beta or serve been closed for -said amount of time- ?

I'm getting the exact same thing, I can't seem to log on at all and have checked the site, but there is no server status listed there.

http://forums.champions-online.com/showthread.php?t=31771

I did find this about the open beta issue

• nekollxnekollx Member Posts: 570
    Originally posted by lethys

I'm getting the exact same thing, I can't seem to log on at all and have checked the site, but there is no server status listed there.

the server is up 24/7 HOWEVER rember this is a stress test and a beta sometimes they have to take it down after we break it.

I have also this weird error message that I am unsure of what it means.  It says "No shards found: You have a ticket with 0 permission pairs, but no shards."  I just downloaded last night and today was my first time trying to log in to no avail.  I think I might delete, and retry it because I might have done something wrong.

Originally posted by nekollx

the server is up 24/7 HOWEVER rember this is a stress test and a beta sometimes they have to take it down after we break it.

Thanks for the info. i know a lot like me are waiting to try it out, just hope they fix what ever issue soon >.0

I have also this weird error message that I am unsure of what it means.  It says "No shards found: You have a ticket with 0 permission pairs, but no shards."  I just downloaded last night and today was my first time trying to log in to no avail.  I think I might delete, and retry it because I might have done something wrong.

nope i get same thing, i would not waste your time by deleting it and having to wait on the DL..again.

ok it seems once you set up your Open beta account you have to go into My account Again and add the beta key again to activate the open beta account  https://www.champions-online.com/user/270879. it appears as the code works the first time but not really as i was able to log in to the launcher and then get the error of server down with out it patching as well. currently my launcher is at the white page  with "loading.please wait" for bout 5minutes witch to me could be a good sign >>0 we will see.

ok it seems once you set up your Open beta account you have to go into My account Again and add the beta key again to activate the open beta account  https://www.champions-online.com/user/270879. it appears as the code works the first time but not really as i was able to log in to the launcher and then get the error of server down with out it patching as well. currently my launcher is at the white page  with "loading.please wait" for bout 5minutes witch to me could be a good sign >>0 we will see.

after doing said action above my launcher successfully opened and started to patch with server up, the one other thing i did after activating my beta account the 2nd time was to restart my pc. hope this helps some of you.

Finally I got in after entering the beta key again on the website, then deleting and re downloading.  The game is fun and graphically is great, but it isn't quite as Massive as I would like my MMO's to be, its just a series of instances and its more like a single player RPG than MMO.  I am sure some would love it though.  And creative possibility for your character is amazing.

Finally I got in after entering the beta key again on the website, then deleting and re downloading.  The game is fun and graphically is great, but it isn't quite as Massive as I would like my MMO's to be, its just a series of instances and its more like a single player RPG than MMO.  I am sure some would love it though.  And creative possibility for your character is amazing.

ya and honestly it just felt like a one player coin op +CoH with better graphics imo. did not hold my intrest for more than 20min. but like you said some will love it. I think the ones that would get more pleasure out of it are the ones who have never played CoH at all.

• Mode6NineMode6Nine Member Posts: 56

ya and honestly it just felt like a one player coin op +CoH with better graphics imo. did not hold my intrest for more than 20min. but like you said some will love it. I think the ones that would get more pleasure out of it are the ones who have never played CoH at all.

Exactly my thoughts as well.  It felt like CoH with redone graphics.  Really nothing new, really nothing innovative.  But heck we can have fun designing heroes with it, which is where most of the fun came in CoH was with the character customization.

Originally posted by Mode6Nine

Exactly my thoughts as well.  It felt like CoH with redone graphics.  Really nothing new, really nothing innovative.  But heck we can have fun designing heroes with it, which is where most of the fun came in CoH was with the character customization.

Have to agree with ya a LOT on that one :). buuut at $50 and sub idk. ya the character creation was ...only thing i did not like was the human faces you could not really get much but a The Incredibles look a llike imo.