Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Closed Beta is Over...Now Open Beta?

StellusStellus Member UncommonPosts: 263

So will there be any "Open" beta events for the pre-order people in the month leading up to the launch, or is it just straight to character selection and 2 day head start?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Ayase at gamecon has annouced the Open Beta will be game version 1.5 and schedule will be annouced next week

• Auron562Auron562 Member UncommonPosts: 4

as far as I know no events just 1.5 patch to working out bugs and such...I think it would be cool if they give the beta testers some kind of speical fluff item or something for being part of it

• CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532

Since pre-order was the primary way into Beta, the perk is the box sets preorder rewards.  Rings, Black cloud armor, Wings etc...

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by Auron562

as far as I know no events just 1.5 patch to working out bugs and such...I think it would be cool if they give the beta testers some kind of speical fluff item or something for being part of it

The game disk has gone golden,  In other words it's done and ready to stamp out the disk and ship them out to the retail stores.

On topic:  yes CB is done and OB date will be soon.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by stayontarget

Originally posted by Auron562

The game disk has gone golden,  In other words it's done and ready to stamp out the disk and ship them out to the retail stores.

On topic:  yes CB is done and OB date will be soon.

I'm more than sure a patch on release day sorting any further tranlation errors out if CB was anything to go on there was a lot of weird text at times and couple that with the massive amount of content added in 1.5.

But bu wise yeah as polished as a big shiny polished thing.

• Markn12Markn12 Member Posts: 222

OB will be announced next week and yes it will use 1.5. 

• woonwkwoonwk Member UncommonPosts: 6

They should have at least a closed beta test for patch 1.5 before the actual release.

AionPost.com - Collection of Tips for Aion Online

• LeucrottaLeucrotta Member Posts: 679
    Originally posted by Markn12

OB will be announced next week and yes it will use 1.5. 

nvm i need to learn to read

• zeeZerzeeZer Member Posts: 36

It has never been officially said that open beta will be 1.5.

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

here you go guys... A few updates and I will keep you posted on next week.

#Aion 's open beta and the details thereof will be announced next week.

6:24 AM Aug 21st from web

@aion_ayase You heard it here first, guys and girls, we'll distribute #Aion 1.5 via BitTorrent~

• KavaskousKavaskous Member Posts: 72

Bittorrent? Sweet, should make getting it a hell of a lot easier then fighting everyone else with a broadband connection for 7 hours strait xD

Leader/Founder of Deritus Free Company - Chocobo Knights of Apocalypse Linkshell

• Joker2240Joker2240 Member Posts: 664

yeah 1.5 is nothing short but HUGE! So, I am really happy they are making it easier for head starters. I also think v1.5 will be available on the disk also. I don't know this yet. I am still waiting as all of you are also. 

• grimfogrimfo Member Posts: 36

who wants to guesstimate how long ob will be i hope its not another bullshit weekend event

• GozerTCGozerTC Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by grimfo

who wants to guesstimate how long ob will be i hope its not another bullshit weekend event

/Agreed.  My wife and I would like a bit more than a weekend decide to jump into this or not. 

Current Game: Asssasins Creed 2(PS3, Gamer Tag: Happy_Hubby)
    Current MMO: World of Warcraft and World of Tanks
    Former Subscribed MMO: Star Trek Online, Aion, WoW, Guild Wars, Eve Online, DAoC, City of Heroes, Shattered Galaxy, 10six.
    Tried: Too many to list

• KavaskousKavaskous Member Posts: 72

Considering it's approx. 1 month until Release, they're waiting until next week to announce the date, pre-selection is probably no more than 5 days before Official, and they need prep time to optimize server/network performance experienced by users in CB/OB, it will probably be either a 1 week, or 2 week at most. I'm putting my money on 1 week. but hey, 7 days of non-stop play > 3 days like in Closed Beta.

Leader/Founder of Deritus Free Company - Chocobo Knights of Apocalypse Linkshell