Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds: Stargate Gains New Funding

Recently, MMORPG.com learned that Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment has received the funding that they believe will allow them to complete work on Stargate Worlds, and to eventually pay back vendors and past and present employees who are still owed back pay.

Said Cheyenne Mountain’s Shane Hensley when reached for comment, “Things are actually very good here right now. We received some funding commitments that will provide financing over time and allow us to move forward with development and start catching up on our past due financial obligations, including some back payroll that we paid last week.”

Earthrise Screenshot

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

Good to hear that at least employees, both past and present, will actually get paid.

• kevingailykevingaily Member Posts: 113

Yeah, glad to hear they got some help. I remember being really excited when I saw they were going to make this MMO, but then things went sour as far as if it would even make it to retail.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Fingers crossed, it'd be a pity to see this go to the wall.

• roma650roma650 Member Posts: 26

im sorry but is there even alot of people wating for this game?

• April-RainApril-Rain Member UncommonPosts: 316

MGM should have pulled the plug, with whats happend so far i dont have much faith in them not running out of money again, or the game ever being released, there is far too much dodgy dealing's mixed up with this game.

Playing: FFXIV
    Future: wishing for SWG 2, World of Warcraft Classic
    Played: Most current and extinct MMO's - 18 Years in....

Interesting Fact - I own 27 Tarantula's

• nickelpatnickelpat Member Posts: 661

Very cool, waiting for it!

---
    Jordaniel Torey - Navy Megathron, Active Armor Tank - Tranquility - EVE Online
    ---
    Torey Scott - Rifleman - Fallen Earth

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but I know World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

• ArthineasArthineas Member Posts: 231

I am glad to hear that they finally got the funding they need.  It would have been a shame if they had not been able to finish the game.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

This is great news. Hopefully they get back on track and release the game. Can't wait to try it out.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780

Money isnt the problem imo its the management of this company. It reminds me of Vanguard in how no amount of money and talent and good ideas can make up for bad management.

• SlackerboySlackerboy Member Posts: 142

Ye gods I hate this.

First I am looking forward to the game.
    Then we start hearing they are having major money problems.
    Then it looks like it is dead so we can move on.
    Then they get a little money and say they will be able to release after all.
    Then it looks like they ran out of money again and the game will be laid to rest.
    Now they have money again and are planing to release again.

Unless they got a LOT of money and will be able to take the time the game needs to be finished... I have a bad feeling that even if they do release it is going to be rushed, buggy, lacking content and with huge balance issues.

I really wanted this to work, but please will somebody put this game out of it's misery already? It is just not humane to watch something like this die in so terrible a fashion.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I thought hat SOE was going to buy them out at the end of the month.   I thought this game was dead or dying.

I am not sure what to think now.

• RugsterRugster Member Posts: 59

This is good news indeed.   I don't suppose anyone knows who exactly is funding SGW now?   But it looks like we're all coming out of our global recession, so with a little luck SGW will be on the shelves soon.

I for one will definately be buying it.  If only to add it to my collection of every SG and SGA episode and movie made.

Life is about Living, Sleep is about Dreaming, Games are about Strategy!

• jpboilyjpboily Member Posts: 3

This is some really good news ! 

Honestly...I lost faith in the project in the last few weeks...but now, that is a good piece of news ! :)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by streea

Good to hear that at least employees, both past and present, will actually get paid.

Umm no.This fiascal has become VERY apparent,that there is NO CME,it is only ONE guy controlling the money and the direction or lack of direction and lack of control.

I would not trust one cent invested into this project,some people are VERY naive and just plain insane,to invest their money with this guy.

I am actually SURPRISED to see the opening lines when you enter their website.Correct me if i am wrong,but  i thought the recent rash of lawsuits was over the copyright to use social networking within your game.I can't remember the developer who copyright this,but CME would be an easy target for those guys,since they use it on their opening page lol.

www.edge-online.com/news/ncsoft-sued-patent-infringement

The studio lead has left the game,i would think if there was any glimmer of hope,the lead would stay on,but nope he's gone,so that should tell you the REAL picture.

I would say in reality,many inside people will still hype this game up,this is their only hope,proably their chance at a decent living,they have families to feed,they can't afford to tell the truth.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MMO_DoubterMMO_Doubter Member Posts: 5,056
    Originally posted by Slackerboy

I really wanted this to work, but please will somebody put this game out of it's misery already? It is just not humane to watch something like this die in so terrible a fashion.

I know what you mean. I've been playing Warhammer Online.

Yes, I was eager to see this game released, but I have lost most of my hope.

"" Voice acting isn't an RPG element....it's just a production value." - grumpymel2

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783

They probably got 'Stimulus' money...just had to give Pres. Obama a starring role as a system lord , with the god-like powers and mind control he needs to get his healthcare bill passed ;)

If not, that could be the marketing schtick for the next round of new funding..."you too can be a system lord for only $50k..."

• GozerTCGozerTC Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by ericbelser

They probably got 'Stimulus' money...just had to give Pres. Obama a starring role as a system lord , with the god-like powers and mind control he needs to get his healthcare bill passed ;)
    If not, that could be the marketing schtick for the next round of new funding..."you too can be a system lord for only $50k..."

ROFL.  Hey it would "Save or Create" jobs, so why not apply for Stimulus money for an MMO. ;) 

Seriously though is it dead yet?  I'm getting very Monty Python vibes from this game.

Current Game: Asssasins Creed 2(PS3, Gamer Tag: Happy_Hubby)
    Current MMO: World of Warcraft and World of Tanks
    Former Subscribed MMO: Star Trek Online, Aion, WoW, Guild Wars, Eve Online, DAoC, City of Heroes, Shattered Galaxy, 10six.
    Tried: Too many to list

• JYCowboyJYCowboy Member UncommonPosts: 652

So, ok, they paythier bills and move to get it to a release stage of completion <in thier terms>.  Good job ... but, who is going to release this thing?  SOE?  They sure don't have the resoures to run a server so where do they go from there?  Shop it?

• falc0nfalc0n Member UncommonPosts: 385

that screenshot looks lworse then a game 5 years ago! ouch good luck stargate I hope its at least fun.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Good deal, I was hoping this would at least come out. :)

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Anyone who believes any money given to CME is going to be used to actually make this game should just throw their wallet at the first bum they see and be done with it.

More bullshit from a bullshit company.

And since MGM didn't take the initiative to put a stop to these idiots when they had the chance to remove the IP license from them, MGM deserves any and all fallout from the inevitable trainwreck soon to occur.

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    Originally posted by Dana
    Earthrise Screenshot

If I was Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, or Michael Shanks, I would be knocking down Cheyenne Mountain's doors and kicking the crap out of the awful modeler that was responsible for these horrible avatars.

Is this what we are looking forward to?

Jack looks retarded, Sam looks like a pig skank and Daniel looks like a pedophile.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by roma650

im sorry but is there even alot of people wating for this game?

I am 100% sure that allot of people are waiting for a StarGate MMORPG.

Are they waiting for the game to be made by this company is more a question............

Anyway's.........good news they got more funding, but still am in the middle if they actualy are able to deliver.

• synergisynergi Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Originally posted by Dekron

Originally posted by Dana
    Earthrise Screenshot

If I was Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, or Michael Shanks, I would be knocking down Cheyenne Mountain's doors and kicking the crap out of the awful modeler that was responsible for these horrible avatars.

Is this what we are looking forward to?

Jack looks retarded, Sam looks like a pig skank and Daniel looks like a pedophile.

I had to laugh at this. Why does this remind me a little bit of Roma Victor?

Anyway I was really really hoping this game would die and a big studio would pick up the IP. I want to play in a stargate universe more so then I want to play a linear game, jumping from one mission to the next. I just don't get a good impression this company knows what its doing from all i've read.

It does not relay confidence.

"It is better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees,"

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

Not sure why OP choose to place one of the first screenshots ever made public for the game. Perhaps to get the reaction we see from people who might not have seen it before?