Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you do not purchase the expansion ...

qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

If you do not purchase the expansion pack can you still play the game? This expansion pack remakes almost all of Azeroth and in the past with expansions that add updated graphics etc like "Shadows of Luclin" for an example you had to purchase to get the updates. With the way the world is changing in this expansion I imagine they will have to give it to everyone even if they do not purchase the expansion. 

Will be interesting to see how it works out. I haven't played the game since the release of TBC but may try it again with this expansion pack. There are a lot of positives I see that make it worth returning to.

Comments

• KremlikKremlik Member UncommonPosts: 716

Yes 100% - MOST of these changes are CORE GAMEPLAY changes - WoW will never be vanilla again

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD (of Warcraft) AS WE KNOW IT :)

Bring on the WARRRRGGHH!

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

I guess you'll be able to access most of the content except for level 81+ areas and the Goblin and Worgen starting zones.

Expansions will probably keep the role of only an end game limiter (grats for reaching 60, now buy TBC to get to 70 and etc, although the older expansions go cheaper and cheaper and get Battlechests) and no mid-game limitations, like the Mastery System/Path of the Titan/Archaelogy/Profession/Talent/Midgame changing stuff that don't require the expansion purchase.

And getting more $50 from you, still much more solid than spending $50 on some fancy clothes or XP boosters.