Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how many had to stop playing due to lag?

KrasherKrasher Member Posts: 36

I have given up fighting with the lag...we are talking about clicking an attack icon and nothing happening for 5 seconds or longer. And this is constantly. I get excellent fps (100-150) and my connection (12MB dl) is fine with every thing else. What is frustrating is that I guess it is very hit or miss. Some say they have absolutely no lag at all, while others cant even play the game. I have tried different servers and changes channels...but, nothing can stop the lag. Maybe by open beta it will be better?

Comments

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by Krasher

I have given up fighting with the lag...we are talking about clicking an attack icon and nothing happening for 5 seconds or longer. And this is constantly. I get excellent fps (100-150) and my connection (12MB dl) is fine with every thing else. What is frustrating is that I guess it is very hit or miss. Some say they have absolutely no lag at all, while others cant even play the game. I have tried different servers and changes channels...but, nothing can stop the lag. Maybe by open beta it will be better?

I had very litte lag problems, the entire weekend.

Are you on vista? There's a known problem that .net installs itself "twice" and causes all kinds of problems. I had to uninstall and reinstall it a few times in order for that part to work. Was getting horrible download times for Aion before that.

Cause honestly - I have no problems and I played a LOT this weekend. Maybe... 2-3 instances total.... 

• dougmysticeydougmysticey Member Posts: 1,176

Onky experienced a little lag last night but that was it. I am on Vista (32) home edition and playing on my Dell M1730 Laptop. Looks and play wonderfully.

• LordOmniLordOmni Member UncommonPosts: 1

I dont know if your problem could be related to mine but I was getting about a 3-5 second bit of lag during each fight and it had me concerned about being able to play in the future.  That amount of lag in a pvp game would just mean constant frustration.  I have a very high end gaming rig and though my 6mb DSL is certainly not the best it has never really been an issue before.  Anyway, I happened to be doing some home remodeling and moved my computer to another room till things are finished.  Before this, I was always running over a wireless-n connection but the room I moved to had everything hard wired.  Booted up and started playing CB6.  Surprisingly, after about 5 hours of play not a single bit of lag.  My wireless connection was only about 25-30 ft away so didnt expect there to be a big issue with a wireless N but apparently it is.

• AnaThemaXAnaThemaX Member Posts: 24

I didn't play this weekend, but I was having lag on previous events.  NC softs other game, Lineage 2, has been having lag problems too (I had to unsubscribe finally).  So it seems NC soft is still passing the buck saying its the ISP and not their problem.  But it only effects their games, so go figure.

• JonMichaelJonMichael Member Posts: 796

I had some lag on Friday night, but I logged and rebooted my computer.... didn't have anything noticeable after that except two times where it appeared that a group member ran ahead of us, but was standing right next to me the entire time.   That musta been a bit of lag too.

Other than that... great beta weekend!

Currently: AION, an MMO Beta under NDA
    Played: WAR, LOTRO, Hellgate: London, CoX, GW, SotNW, DAOC, EQ2, SWG, WoW, AO, Horizons, Second Life, There, TSO
    Beta'd: There, Second Life, EQ2, DAOC:LotM, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, Gods and Heroes, Hellgate: London, Requiem:Bloodymare, AoC, WAR, DDO, Fallen Earth

• Spaceweed10Spaceweed10 Member Posts: 625

No lag, rock solid.

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022

I did, very persistent lag and boring linear questing made me quit before getting to pvp lvls. rush to lvl to get it wiped is not fun, so lets wait for an very long open beta so we can better judge this game =D

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I didn't have any lag yesterday, it ran smoothly on Isaphel (I think that's the server name) and the pop was listed as High.

I haven't played today, and I don't think I'll play again until launch, don't want to get burned out... The game is ready, no need for further testing, just want them to launch the damn thing. :)

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10

No lag, rock solid.

Me too... thankfully.

I see a lot of folks are having major lag issues. i am glad that i was able to play with everything max'd and great frame rates as well as no lag what so ever.

I hope they get things straightened out for as many players as possible.

• deadsk1nmaskdeadsk1nmask Member Posts: 17

Some lag is to be expected on a beta event. I had some lag spikes going on first thing on Friday but nothing after that.

• JudgeRoyBeanJudgeRoyBean Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Krasher

<raises hand>

Just logged off about 10min ago with the same problem. Aion is unplayable. Should I cancel my CE?

• ReckerRecker Member Posts: 161

I dont know what you talking about. Im on Siel sever(which is ht emost populated) and im not getting any lag at all. Where are you going that you get lag

• kanakanakanakanakanakana Member Posts: 6

I play on Siel as well and there isn't a sign of lag on it. Firstday lag is to be expected, I mean you have thousands of people logging in all at once.

• UbieUbie Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Recker

I dont know what you talking about. Im on Siel sever(which is ht emost populated) and im not getting any lag at all. Where are you going that you get lag

Same here, I haven't ran into any lag at all on Siel. Huge amounts of ppl on last nite without any problems I noticed. I hope it stays rock solid during launch. Games usually don't recover from a poor launch.

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

I haven't seen lag of any kind this weekend.  I've been playing on Siel and it's been rock steady.  The only thing I've run into, is the game will sometimes freeze for about 5 seconds and then pick back up.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• NagaliumNagalium Member Posts: 26

Haven't formed an opinion wether to play aion or not but can honestly say i've never had any lag since i started to play beta (cb3 and forward) so  surprised ppl got lags :o

• SuniojSunioj Member Posts: 261

I wonder if it's Video Card related.  I was on a vent server with some friends and one person has a fairly old video card and was not getting the best performance.  Once the person tooled the settings down a bit it worked 100% better.

Momo sucks, I have proof.

• EbenEben Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 522

Is there any specific reason why none of the people saying they have game-breaking lag wouldn't mention something as simple as what server they are on? 

Those of you with bad lag, have you tried a different server?

Katsma is Lithuanian for 'he who drinks used douche fluid'.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730
    Originally posted by Eben

Is there any specific reason why none of the people saying they have game-breaking lag wouldn't mention something as simple as what server they are on? 
    Those of you with bad lag, have you tried a different server?

I played on Israphel and Siel.  I had very significant lag (often 5 to 10 seconds long) on both servers.  It was incredibly frustrating.

From reading some of the posts on Aionsource, it may be related to improper routing with the ISP.  Many people who've reported serious lag were using AT&T, which I also use.

One thing's certain - if it continues lagging that way, it will be unplayable for those that have the problem.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• pgqsilverpgqsilver Member UncommonPosts: 106

I stopped playing after Friday.  I played on both Siel and Nazagan server. The lag was so bad, playing an assassin gave me a headache. There was a 4-5 second delay on all my attacks, no fun.  Hopefuly this is all straightend out before launch.

• PinkninjaPinkninja Member Posts: 11

I'm having the same problem and after staring at aiononline.com beta forums for a long time i relized many people are having the same problem, most with great computers, and almost all have switched servers lowered graphics and done about every other thing possable they can do. Just because you don't have lag doesn't mean other people don't. If you just go under customer service in aiononline.com beta forums you will find that many pepole are experincing this and its closed beta. If they plan to move to open beta i expect many more people will be discovering this lag. BTW this is not due to server overload or to many people on the same map, my fps is solid. There is also no word from NCsoft on what the actual problem is, but they did say they are working on a fix. I also had such bad lag on Lineage II that i canceled sub. I figured it was my computer acting up but every other game i've tried has worked fine. I just hope they fix this before launch so i can play. ^.^b btw i'm on vista 64 home if anybody knows a fix that i don't.

• tryklontryklon Member UncommonPosts: 1,370

In 3 closed betas I never had a bit of lag, always played it extremely good

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

• bleyzwunbleyzwun Member UncommonPosts: 1,087

I only lagged for the 2 hours when servers first came up in the last beta.  Other than that, no lag.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

My son played quite a bit on Sat/Sun with no lag issues.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon