Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dear Funcom 2

Comments

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826
    Originally posted by law573

Originally posted by Guillermo197

Maybe if you guys (OP) actually tried to read the background behind this game, then you won't keep creating these FAIL topics.

That would be like asking a blind man to see. The OP is an idiot.

You realy got me with that one.... Dosent change the fact that Failcom should stay away from MMOs period, think it might get realy Ugly for them when they mess up a third time... Whats the saying now? yes  "three strikes and your are OUT!"

• AlandoraAlandora Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Zlayer77

Maybe if you guys (OP) actually tried to read the background behind this game, then you won't keep creating these FAIL topics.

You realy got me with that one.... Dosent change the fact that Failcom should stay away from MMOs period, think it might get realy Ugly for them when they mess up a third time... Whats the saying now? yes  "three strikes and your are OUT!"

Yeah, but they missed so bad on AOC it should almost count as 2 strikes.   How can you sell a million boxes the first 3 months,and 6 months later have 100k subscribers?

• law573law573 Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by Alandora

Yeah, but they missed so bad on AOC it should almost count as 2 strikes.   How can you sell a million boxes the first 3 months,and 6 months later have 100k subscribers?

Ya gotta love mmorpg.com. Home of the rebel without a clue

You are playing a video game. By definition that means you are not hardcore.

Originally posted by Alandora

Ya gotta love mmorpg.com. Home of the rebel without a clue

Law573 when funcom has screwed over its customers a 3rd time what will you dudes do? Who will you fire then? What miracle patches will you offer your subcribers?

Never forget Never forgive...

• patrikd23patrikd23 Member UncommonPosts: 1,155

Is this the new bash and comment on games not release yet based on assumtions and speculations? Did you people already leave Star Wars Old Republic to bash?

All I see is people full of hate and no possitive angles at all, and they think developers can make a game based on what 1 person thinks (Ignorant and sellfish)

Who are these people bashing game that they read 5 lines in a text about the game and seen artwork from, i really wanna know. Because these people should spend more time reading books and get smarter before commenting on this forum. Insted of making a fool of themselves.

If there is a new idea about games it shouldnt be posted here because the developers hardly read any post or threads about it on a freelance site. They read from their website, so go there and post.

Also the forums here should be used for people that accually "PLAYED" the games they talk crap and whine about. So the site is used for what its there for.

A wise man ones said :  'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

• DoggarthDoggarth Member Posts: 22

At least this thread led me to look at TSW...  hmmmm,  skill based, no classes, no levels, let's hope that 3 times is the charm for Funcom!  I would really like this premise to come through.

I really dont care what game they are making, I havent read one thing about The Secret World, all I care about is that its Failcom that is making it. 

Think many people with me just dont like them. They lied and manipulated to milk out the last of its comunity. And its still the same people behind this game. One thing that  irritated me to no end was when Erling Ellingsen, during an interview about Age of conan, and what they were going to do to fix it. Started to talk and promote the secret world. This behavior showed alot of disrespect for the people playing Age of conan. You would think a developer would fix its current game before advertising a new one. But no not Funcom, the game wasnt even 6 months old and they are making another mmo, how dumb can you get?

I will tell you that  I have ZERO confidence in Failcom, they are one of the worst developers in this genre. And im not alone in thinking that they might be better off doing something ells.....

Originally posted by patrikd23

Is this the new bash and comment on games not release yet based on assumtions and speculations? Did you people already leave Star Wars Old Republic to bash? We are not bashing the game we are Bashing the developers Funcom. Same as if I don’t like how Coca Cola are doing business, If I decide to boycott their products I really don’t care if its Sprite of fanta…..now do I?

All I see is people full of hate and no possitive angles at all, and they think developers can make a game based on what 1 person thinks (Ignorant and sellfish) Well my standpoint is that this particular developer should not be making any games period.

Who are these people bashing game that they read 5 lines in a text about the game and seen artwork from, i really wanna know. Because these people should spend more time reading books and get smarter before commenting on this forum. Insted of making a fool of themselves. I haven’t even read five lines about this game, I do however have vast experience with funcom, being part of their closed betas months before release. And I can tell you that many at Funcom need a serious reality check. Everything that went wrong with Age of Conan was pointed out in the Closed beta. Did they listen NOOO… Do they deserve to fool hundreds of thousand of consumers again Hell NO!

If there is a new idea about games it shouldnt be posted here because the developers hardly read any post or threads about it on a freelance site. They read from their website, so go there and post. These post are not for the Developers its addressed to my fellow consumers. If I buy a faulty dishwasher, and I get bad costumer service, promised repairs that never happen, refusal to get a refund. I will as a responsible person inform others that they should not buy products from that manufacturer. This falls under the same category. I’m telling people that Funcom have screwed over their player base twice before, and they are now going for strike three.

Also the forums here should be used for people that accually "PLAYED" the games they talk crap and whine about. So the site is used for what its there for. We are not talking about the GAME, we are talking about the company, its like sprite and fanta, if we boycott Coca Cola we are not going to drink those either.

A wise man ones said : 'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

A wise man also said: ‘Fool me once shame on you; Fool me twice shame on me.

• DillingerEPDillingerEP Member UncommonPosts: 366

I guess the key here now is to follow the whole "Ignorance is bliss" routine. The people that made the TLJ games (Great motherf****ing games by the way)... are making TSW.  But it's still Funcom... so it's gonna fail... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa >.>

I would just wait until TSW comes out, before spewing ignorant crap... like some of you are.

I'm not a big fan of Funcom myself, but jesus get over it.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Things are running smooth it seems. Now lets review the sequence.

1. New Failcom game in development.

2. Fanatics will defend the game under the defense
    A. fc will learn from past mistakes (see pages of aoc threads)
    B. fc will change their ways. (see pages of aoc threads)
    C. lets not judge fc on past actions/games (see pages of aoc threads)

3. Game is released. Fools spend money and get burned. The game is released in half ass condition. Features not included as advertised. Game is full of bugs and issues.

4.FC laughs as you all fell for hype lies and propaganda.

See you in the next Fc development cycle.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723

Let's see:

Ragnar Tornquist > Gaute
    Gaute = Failcom
    Ragnar Tornquist =/= Failcom/AoC/AO

Gaute =/= Ragnar Tornquist
    Failcom =/= Funcom
    Secret World =/= AoC/AO

Secret World = Ragnar Tornquist
    Ragnar Tornquist = WIN
    H.P.Lovecraft = EPIC
    Secret World = Ragnar Tornquist + H.P.Lovecraft
    Secret World = EPIC WIN

Yes, thats all. Seriously, the game development team is entirelly different from AoC and AO...but I guess some people are too dumb to realise that same company has more than one different team behind the various games, thus quality standards can't be set by two FAIL mmos they created.

Not to mention that Ragnar Tornquist = WIN.

I mean seriously, how the mind which created the Longest Journey could fail? -_-

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• TrashcantoyTrashcantoy Member Posts: 827

i just love these forums, so many hatewars for a game that is in early developement, 31 year olds getting pissed at FC.. WTG!!

all i can say is wait for it to be released, then judge it, dont be a fool and buy into hype

MMOs currently playing: -
    About to play: Lord of the Rings Online
    Played: Anarchy Online (alltime favorite) and lots of f2p titles (honorable mentions: 9Dragons, Martial Heroes, Dekaron, Atlantica Online)

• ericbelserericbelser Member Posts: 783
    Originally posted by Yuui

Yes, thats all. Seriously, the game development team is entirelly different from AoC and AO...but I guess some people are too dumb to realise that same company has more than one different team behind the various games, thus quality standards can't be set by two FAIL mmos they created.

What you and the legions of fanbois consistently ignore is that the issues behind the horrible launch and life cycle of AO and the extremely subpar launch of AoC are *management* issues, not problems with a specific dev or dev team. It's about the way FC operates and does business, not one poor schmuck of a coder messing up.

However, I am with the poster just above...clearly the vast majority of the MMO market will not learn. We're going to see exactly the same cycle of overhype, overpromised dreck defended by the rabid fanbois up until another lackluster launch and then excused by them afterwards yet again.

• BureykuBureyku Member Posts: 488

I was the same, but honestly the Longest Journey was a badass game and I do have faith in Ragnar.  As long as Funcom doesn't push it out early and broken it could be somethign really great.

• hobo9766hobo9766 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Let's see:

Ragnar Tornquist > Gaute
    Gaute = Failcom

Failcom =/= Funcom
    Secret World =/= AoC/AO

Ragnar Tornquist = WIN
    H.P.Lovecraft = EPIC
    Secret World = EPIC WIN

I mean seriously, how the mind which created the Longest Journey could fail? -_-

Umm no. How it works is they steal people from the old games dev team for the new team. AO->AOC->TSW this is how it works and is standard practice at fc. Its the same damn people just moved around. I posted this in a thread the other day.. Conan's defense against energy beam based weapons.. Theres your quality!

Let's see:
    Ragnar Tornquist > Gaute

Gaute = Failcom

Failcom =/= Funcom

Secret World =/= AoC/AO

Ragnar Tornquist = WIN

H.P.Lovecraft = EPIC

Secret World = EPIC WIN

Exacly how deep do you think Funcoms pockets are?? The development team is based in Norway you know this right? Norway, finnland, sweden and denmark have totaly diffrent laws when it comes to letting people go. Its not the US, funcom cant just fire people left and right and hire new onse. We have a shitload of protection in the northen european countries against getting laid off.

So Ragnar Tornquiest might be the lead designer on this one but the programers and concept artist are the same as on AOC trust me. Also how many tallented programs and artist do you think countries like swedan (9m peopel live here) and norway, that have even fewer people can produce?? not many I can tell you that...

So now that we have gotten that out of the way. A single player game like the longest journey is alot esier to produce then a full blown mmo. And Funcoms dream world engine needs a total rework, it's one of the buggiest codes i have ever seen..

So if they dont buy a Licence for a better engine and restructure the hole company, we should not  expect this to be anything other then a massive FAIL!

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146

This guy created Dreamfall and Longest Journey, expect some good to come of it.

• JavafanJavafan Member UncommonPosts: 45

HA!!! People getting bitter over pixels. Really now... Go grab a sun tan, a beer or whatever. It's not worth it, seriously. Them bloody pixels will be here tomorrow as well.

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by Theocritus

It will be interesting to see if FUncom can actually have a decent launch for once......Both AO and AoC have been among the worst launches in MMO history.

I cant believe any self respecting gamer would even think of giving Fucnob any money after the the epic fail that is AO and AOC

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• AercusAercus Member UncommonPosts: 775
    Originally posted by PyrateLV

It will be interesting to see if FUncom can actually have a decent launch for once......Both AO and AoC have been among the worst launches in MMO history.

I cant believe any self respecting gamer would even think of giving Fucnob any money after the the epic fail that is AO and AOC

Thank *god* Blizzard/NCSoft/SOE have completely smooth and bug free launches of every single of their MMO's...

General rule: Don't expect too much of  a computer program the first year. A bunch of monkeys monkying around for an extendend period of time will always find holes. FYI, Microsoft is still patching XP..

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by Aercus

Thank *god* Blizzard/NCSoft/SOE have completely smooth and bug free launches of every single of their MMO's...

General rule: Don't expect too much of  a computer program the first year. A bunch of monkeys monkying around for an extendend period of time will always find holes. FYI, Microsoft is still patching XP..

That is the exact mentality that has lead to the condition the mmo market is in right now.  Why not expecty a decent game at release?  The company making the game expects us to pay for it, so why should our standard be set so low?

NCSoft actually has really good releases.  Blizzards one release was a great game, but they did not have enough hardware to satisfy demand for the game and it bogged down the entire system.  SOE, well you have a point, but look how the once mighty giant is doing now.

I'm sorry, but if a company releases a game, then people should expect it to be good on day one.  Not perfect, not bug free, but good.  There is no reason to wait a year for a company to get their act together anymore and as witnessed right here in conan, people are done waiting.  You don't see this type of mentality in the console market, so why should the pc market be any different?

Funcom is not going to get a full year of forgiveness with their next mmo.  They need to come out strong with their next release and be honest about what it does and does not do.  Anything short of that is just going to repeat the mass exodus seen in AO and Conan.

• WintersbiteWintersbite Member Posts: 146

Aw, did you think of that yourself? You're so clever.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

arenanet isnt ncsoft

yes arenanet is very good

but unless im mistaken (could be),

their last release here was l2 a long while ago

maybe dungeon runner (not sure)

• FortencFortenc Member Posts: 427

In my opinion you should never dismiss a game based upon its developers or producers, especially when it comes to MMOs.

You can bash the company and the production house but you should not bash the game; just keep tabs on it and see what happens.  After all, it's the individuals behind the scenes, the individuals who are, in most cases, completely different individuals from game to game, that make an MMO what it is.  And beyond them is the original concept.

If you like the original concept, you may like the game.

If you like the creative minds, you may like the game.

If you like the based-off (whether in part or inspiration) concept, you may like the game.

For the good of the gamers I advise to keep an open mind and not miss an opportunity, whether this game or any other.

That being said I have little idea what this game is about other than some religious and amoral peoples fighting darkness in the real-not-real-world.

All this is, as always, in my opinion and subject to blah.

EDIT:  By the way, I'm sure one of the reasons that Funcom opened up a studio in Canada was so that they could fire and hire new talent freely.  They also chose one of the best three places in the Americas to situate themselves when it comes to talent in the game industry.  That might bode quite well for them in future projects.

I always hope all MMOs do good.  Wouldn't it be nice to have a choice in what to play.. and I mean without settling?

Objectivity is delivered with a lack of personality made for the mainstream but never used for the mainstream.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

op while true aoc isnt really flamboyant ,i do hope they get the secret world out .

when mm september next year would be perfect one problem if they do that

wowo will probably have released their cannon so they dont have much choice its delay for 2 years a good game (would be a good call)

or release it within 6 month(i do hope they dont plan to release  early just because they saw cataclysm.