Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ragnarok Online: Starter Guide

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com Correspondent Jason Alexander writes this guide for beginners in Ragnarok Online.

Ragnarok is an online role-playing game based on Norse mythology. Users can create characters and venture off alone or in groups in far-flung fantasy worlds full of adventure. Players can select from a wide range of job classes that suit their individual playing style. Each job class comes with a unique array of skills and abilities. The strengths and weaknesses of these classes encourage players of different types to form parties. Ragnarok has an easy-to-control interface. Most of the basic functions can be controlled by using the mouse. Users can also customize the interface to optimize usability and comfort.

Ragnarok Online has two genders for characters, male and female. You must select your proper gender when registering. Because users play character based off of their gender, community involvement becomes livelier with a willingness to participate. You can chat with other players as well as get married within the game with another character of the opposite gender. There are wedding dresses available as well. Depending on gender, job and skills can vary as well. Through job changes, male characters can become a "Bard" while female characters can become a "Dancer" which both have their own special skills.

Read the Starter Guide

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• NotBrandonNotBrandon Member Posts: 18

Apparently my time machine worked, and I ended back up in 2002!

Currently Playing: - lolol
    Waiting For: Final Fantasy XIV

• HeliosXIIHeliosXII Member Posts: 72

Wow... Really?

Writing a beginner guide on a near-decade-old game? O_o

• JurzuJurzu Member Posts: 16

Ahh. Ragnaok. What a great game lol. Too bad its low populated now >.> But yes a guide for beginners isn't a bad idea, but there should be guides for those high end characters as well :P Ragnarok looks a lot different than it was years ago.

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238
    Originally posted by NotBrandon

Apparently my time machine worked, and I ended back up in 2002!

Improve it a bit more, and we might get back to the golden UO days!

• QualeQuale Member Posts: 105

Ooo! Ragnarok online! Norse Mythology. The end of the world! Perfect for me!

Let's see,.. I can be a bard and get a wedding dress and what are those,. My Little Pony faerie style designs?

Talk about things coming together.. I think this might be the one guys. Finally home!

• kamikkazekamikkaze Member Posts: 83

here we have a nice history for a mmo game = read fantasy, destruction, heros, 'boss'...ragnarok was an amazing game, plenty of contents (new ones still coming, btw), a fun pvp system, reborns....oh, i miss it

LOTRO player

• HeliosXIIHeliosXII Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by kamikkaze

here we have a nice history for a mmo game = read fantasy, destruction, heros, 'boss'...ragnarok was an amazing game, plenty of contents (new ones still coming, btw), a fun pvp system, reborns....oh, i miss it

Hehe. Indeed. I still play it at least once a week, and I played it from when it was released in Korea. :P