Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody playing the 2nd beta?

MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

If anybody is playing the 2nd beta has the game improved from how buggy and laggy the first beta was? Did they open more of the game up as they said they would?

Comments

• C0MAC0MA Member Posts: 522

I play on a laptop... when I first installed the game before ever logging in the game was horrible laggy on the load screens. I altered the settings and turned HDR off and I have no problems what so ever. My laptop has the 8800 GTS 512 and it runs really good with pretty decent settings I would call it around a "Medium"

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• funksfunks Member UncommonPosts: 14

i got problem with shit gameguard and i quit

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

It wasn't laggy on my laptop and i set the resolution to 1360x768 and maxxed the graphiced settings. I did however turn of shadows because I don't really care for them. I uninstalled though because I suck aiming with a mouse.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

gameguard error 114 I had this problem with AION so I knew the resolution. Turn your virus program off as it interferes with game guard. I really do hate that problem when I forget... I have to reboot my system because it thrashes it so bad.

turn off your virus program and the problem will not occur, after your done playing turn it back on for safe surfing.

"Sometimes people say stuff they don''t mean, but more often then that they don''t say things they do mean"

• CogDissidentCogDissident Member Posts: 4

I had no antivirus, and gameguard stopped me from being able to play, and since you're not allowed to post problems on their public-Huxley forums with the beta(you have to be on the beta forums, which they gave nobody access to), they started deleting every post asking for fixes to problems. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it still didn't work. I'm now completely uninterested in this game, and won't even bother trying it unless I see a huge number of very positive reviews.

• cloudacvcloudacv Member UncommonPosts: 210

I tried playing but before even entering the game i got 20 seconds of pure lag spikes where I was not even able to create because of it. 

the game tends to auto default settings to high or MAX, go to options and tone them down to match your PC capabilities. I lowered the settings and then selected Create and everything has been fine since.

Originally posted by CogDissident

I had no antivirus, and gameguard stopped me from being able to play, and since you're not allowed to post problems on their public-Huxley forums with the beta(you have to be on the beta forums, which they gave nobody access to), they started deleting every post asking for fixes to problems. I uninstalled and reinstalled, and it still didn't work. I'm now completely uninterested in this game, and won't even bother trying it unless I see a huge number of very positive reviews.

Seems as if you are complicating things... if Game Guard is the reason the game wont work it has to give an Error Message or Pop Up. Take that message and google it... chances are you will have 100 hits of people with the problem and how they fixed it. The only problem I generally see is Error 114 from people which is the same with AION or Huxley and it's the virus software... you say you do not have any virus software installed? Thats not likely... Most computers come preconfigured with virus software or antispy and many Restores also re-add the virus software or anti-spy.

• TniceTnice Member Posts: 563

The game is not good enough to work through all the technical problems with this piece of trash.  I change my estimate of this game lasting as long as Fury.  I don't even think they will go live.  The game is complete trash.

• CromicaCromica Member UncommonPosts: 657

Never going to play this crap again, it wasn't fun even when it was playable.

• neoterrarneoterrar Member Posts: 512

From what I can tell, players host the matches? Like they are using my bandwidth?

Weird.

Really, if they can sort out me getting into a PvP battle instantly..I might look into it again.

Until then...it just doesnt have anything worth doing.

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276

Total trash, like, it was completely unplayable. The lag was so terrible I was literally warping around everywhere.

God, to think I was excited about this game when it first was announced. Who would have thought they'd turn it into a pile of shit like this.

Originally posted by Nadril

Total trash, like, it was completely unplayable. The lag was so terrible I was literally warping around everywhere.
    God, to think I was excited about this game when it first was announced. Who would have thought they'd turn it into a pile of shit like this.

upgrade your computer or tone the graphic settings down to match your computer capabilities. If you went into a Skrim, you were connected to a host with a less than ideal connection. Before you denounce a product or object... take the time to understand the user error involved.

So its true?? The players host the skirmishes??

BTW I'm not sure what PurpleBean does, but it trashes my ping

when I go to play other games.(loads when you load huxley)

• amimiaamimia Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Originally posted by Tailz2k7

Originally posted by CogDissident

Seems as if you are complicating things... if Game Guard is the reason the game wont work it has to give an Error Message or Pop Up. Take that message and google it... chances are you will have 100 hits of people with the problem and how they fixed it. The only problem I generally see is Error 114 from people which is the same with AION or Huxley and it's the virus software... you say you do not have any virus software installed? Thats not likely... Most computers come preconfigured with virus software or antispy and many Restores also re-add the virus software or anti-spy.

I am having the same issue, if you are running XP 64bit there is no fix so far for this error. There is several 100 threads on Huxley forums and still no reply from the GM's or Dev's. I uninstalled it and gave up. I guess in alot of the threads there was people from the 1st CB that had the same issue so I take that as there is no fix and they are not worried about it. I really did want to play since I have been watching this game since it hit mmorpg.com.

Yeah I've been lookin for this title for years.

Oh well, on to the next big thing.

• DeStrukChunDeStrukChun Member Posts: 18

Its all true I played just last night and everyone was just warping all over the place except maybe the host. Could barely play, every step I take I warp into a wall or something. The "PvE " is fine and actually was kinda fun...but once I got bored of that and wanted to play against other real players was totally unplayable almost. Don't get me wrong the game has alot put into it and looks as if it could be a very good game ; however, they really should make sure the pvp is stable.

Originally posted by neoterrar

Yeah I've been lookin for this title for years.
    Oh well, on to the next big thing.

disappointment of some sort will always await.

• DefectDefect Member Posts: 246

PurpleBean is a P2P transfer program. They use it to save bandwidth on their servers and use it to distribute patches etc. Pretty cheap. I have never experienced lag ingame but I must say the game is trash. It is a cheap Quake 3 knockoff. Nothing new, and extremely boring.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Eh, it's not nearly as bad as some people seem to say, at least from my view.

Problem is, you need to play on a server (IE the person that hosts the game) that is close to you. I love in vegas, and create west coast games.  People in Texas are getting lag.

That might cause problems for the games future.  I had no graphics issues though, I run it on mostly max.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

The last Beta was more Huxley than I ever should have played....the gameplay is awful. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Joined - July 2004

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by remyburke

The last Beta was more Huxley than I ever should have played....the gameplay is awful. I'd rather watch paint dry.

Wanna be specific or keep drama queening it up?

The biggest problem with Huxley at the moment is putting the burden of instancing on the players/players machines. I can understand this though since it will be a F2P game and they need to cut costs somehow. IF they allow players to host dedicated servers to run the instances/matches on then most of the complaints here dissolve.

As far as PvE the game is decent. I wouldn't say it is COD4 single player good but it isn't awful by any means. Of course some of the bosses/enemies need rebalancing. Some will drop a player in seconds(almost all the bosses and the evil jets). I think they also struck a good balance between reusing content and not making it super grindy. AI could use a little work in the aggro department, especially the island NPC's which aggro from forever away and bring 20 friends.

The game mechanics are okay as well. The skills you get can play a huge roll in success or failure. Not a huge fan of the contamination level thing but it works. The license system gives you something to look forward too and the variety of guns provides for pretty much all play styles. Also not a huge fan of the limited ammo thing in both PvP and PvE, wish extra clips were a permanent thing.

PvP- When you can get a good server it is very...well Unreal Tournament. The problem that I encounter is that most of the maps are pretty confined and since I'm a phantom(sniper) it makes sniping pretty difficult. Not to mention the UT style of running and jumping around as much as possible which makes it that much more difficult. Even when you can get a good spot there is a huge chance that either A. someone will spawn behind you  OR B. Rocket spam will get you. Splash damage seems to the way to get kills and that's why I often picked up the splash damage inquisitor(?). 

As far as performance. I have an AMD 4200+, 3 gigs of memory, Win 7 64bit, and an EVGA 7900 gs ko running it on 1680x1050. I can't run the thing on high but on low/med it works absolutely fine. You just need to know which settings to turn down/off.

• spLaggerspLagger Member UncommonPosts: 130

damn man, all these posts sound depressing. I don't know if it's true but I hear when it's on ijji they'll fix some of the hosting issues. But iono, just something I heared. I'm confused at how this game lags so much isn't it running the Unreal 3 engine? I could play unreal 3 pretty well with my old 8800 GTS.

I'm mainly looking for something that offers decent co-op and an RPG aspect to it. Does it at least offer that much?